Harper to Phillies

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Harper to Phillies

Post by 89Hen »

I haven't looked at the schedule. When is the first Phillies game in DC? He will get cheered here, rightfully so. If it was the other way around he would be showered with boos in Philly.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:I haven't looked at the schedule. When is the first Phillies game in DC? He will get cheered here, rightfully so. If it was the other way around he would be showered with boos in Philly.
Yeah, sure, cool story bro. Just like when Eagles fans showered boos on Reggie White when he came back into town as a Green Bay Packer.
Spoiler: show
They didn't boo
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote:I haven't looked at the schedule. When is the first Phillies game in DC? He will get cheered here, rightfully so. If it was the other way around he would be showered with boos in Philly.
Yeah, sure, cool story bro. Just like when Eagles fans showered boos on Reggie White when he came back into town as a Green Bay Packer.
They didn't boo
I'll have to take your word on that. Not much made of it on the broadcast:

phpBB [video]

However:

phpBB [video]
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:Everyone hits. Whoo-hoo.
:lol: :clap:

Is that guy still near the broadcast booth every game?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

April 2 (night) and 3 (matinee). I have tickets for both.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
April 2 (night) and 3 (matinee). I have tickets for both.
Wow, right out of the gate. 2nd is 89Jr's 21st birthday, that's a no-go.

3rd might be a good chance to take a few clients out if it's nice. StubHub has some pretty choice seats for decent prices.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
They didn't boo
I'll have to take your word on that. Not much made of it on the broadcast:

phpBB [video]

However:

phpBB [video]
Let's be honest, if there's not a YouTube video of Philly fans booing for a particular event then it's pretty safe to say they didn't boo, because non-Philly fans like to document every single instance of booing by Philly fans in their perverted attempt to depict Philly fans as the only fanbase that has ever done anything wrong.

There's probably not video of Philly fans booing Charles Barkley when he came back as a Phoenix Sun, nor of Chase Utley when he came back as an LA Dodger or other Philly greats because generally those folks get standing ovations when they come back because Philly is classy like that.

As for Lindros video, really, people can't boo an opposing player during a hockey fight? I bet if Harper is the center point of a bench clearing brawl during a Phils/Nats game and beats the crap out of Scherzer during it that the Nats fans won't be giving Harper a standing ovation on his way back to the dugout.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:nor of Chase Utley when he came back as an LA Dodger
Merciless booing:
phpBB [video]
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:Philly is classy like that.

As for Lindros video, really, people can't boo an opposing player during a hockey fight? I bet if Harper is the center point of a bench clearing brawl during a Phils/Nats game and beats the crap out of Scherzer during it that the Nats fans won't be giving Harper a standing ovation on his way back to the dugout.
Fight? :? He was booed his first trip on the ice.

And Philly is classy like that. :rofl:
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

It will be interesting this year to watch the standings of Nats and Phil’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

css75 wrote:It will be interesting this year to watch the standings of Nats and Phil’s.

The Nats have to be the favorites in the NL East - that might be the best pitching rotation in baseball. Nothing wrong with their offensive lineup either.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

css75 wrote:It will be interesting this year to watch the standings of Nats and Phil’s.

And I'm sure you're pulling for the Nats, as you have a pretty poorly disguised hatred of Philadelphia, as evidenced by your incessant posting against all things Philadelphia. :lol:

And we don't care.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:

The Nats have to be the favorites in the NL East - that might be the best pitching rotation in baseball. Nothing wrong with their offensive lineup either.
Yep. If Nats don't finish first, they're underachievers.

Wait, don't they underachieve every year? Have they even won a playoff series in franchise history?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:nor of Chase Utley when he came back as an LA Dodger
Merciless booing:
phpBB [video]
Obviously the video was doctored, 89 swears that Philly fans can't resist booing. :rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:89 swears that Philly fans can't resist booing. :rofl:
Yeah, it's me. :lol: :roll:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:89 swears that Philly fans can't resist booing. :rofl:
Yeah, it's me. :lol: :roll:
I never implied that you were alone in your irrational obsession with trying to paint Philly fans as a breed apart from other fanbases in terms of fan behavior. You have plenty of company.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Yeah, it's me. :lol: :roll:
I never implied that you were alone in your irrational obsession with trying to paint Philly fans as a breed apart from other fanbases in terms of fan behavior. You have plenty of company.
They are a breed apart, but you're bucking the trend. All fan bases (good ones) are nasty to opposition, hold grudges, are hard on their own players, etc... the thing that usually sets Philly fans apart is they not only admit it, they relish it. Seems you and 93 are trying a new tack.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Harper to Phillies

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
They are a breed apart, but you're bucking the trend. All fan bases (good ones) are nasty to opposition, hold grudges, are hard on their own players, etc... the thing that usually sets Philly fans apart is they not only admit it, they relish it. Seems you and 93 are trying a new tack.
Philly fans are a breed apart. They're not quite what Raiders fans used to be but they can get close. I might poke fun every now and then but i respect their passion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

93henfan wrote:

And I'm sure you're pulling for the Nats, as you have a pretty poorly disguised hatred of Philadelphia, as evidenced by your incessant posting against all things Philadelphia. :lol:

And we don't care.

Don’t have no hate for Philly, son in law from nearby. I just think Eagles were one time wonders and Harper is a bad signing. The only hate I had was when Chase Utley was there.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

css75 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

And we don't care.

Don’t have no hate for Philly, son in law from nearby. I just think Eagles were one time wonders and Harper is a bad signing. The only hate I had was when Chase Utley was there.

Chase didn't do anything controversial until he was with the Dodgers and slid into second base a bit wide with the spikes up. Unless you don't like F-bombs being dropped during championship parades and heck, I was good with that.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

GannonFan wrote:
css75 wrote:

Chase didn't do anything controversial until he was with the Dodgers and slid into second base a bit wide with the spikes up. Unless you don't like F-bombs being dropped during championship parades and heck, I was good with that.

I just thought he was always a dirty player, reminded me of Lenny Dykstra.