2019 Fightin' Phils Back to Relevancy Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2019 Fightin' Phils Back to Relevancy Thread

Post by 93henfan »

Damn it. Harper hit it over my section.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

4-0 for the first time since 1915.

Everybody hits, woo hoo.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Eflin actually outpitches Scherzer last night. Phils lineup looks more like an AL lineup. #8 hole hitter Franco is on pace for 121 home runs this year. And I had no idea how good Segura was - problem with west coast baseball that isn't the Dodgers is that you don't see enough of it back here on the east coast. I switched it to slow motion to re-watch a play and even on slow motion Segura looked fast. Throw in 'Cutch and Realmuto as well and this team is stacked right now, even if Harper wasn't hitting. Good vibes indeed. Remember, 1915 was the Phils first pennant year ever. Just saying.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
Everybody hits, woo hoo.
:thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:Eflin actually outpitches Scherzer last night. Phils lineup looks more like an AL lineup. #8 hole hitter Franco is on pace for 121 home runs this year. And I had no idea how good Segura was - problem with west coast baseball that isn't the Dodgers is that you don't see enough of it back here on the east coast. I switched it to slow motion to re-watch a play and even on slow motion Segura looked fast. Throw in 'Cutch and Realmuto as well and this team is stacked right now, even if Harper wasn't hitting. Good vibes indeed. Remember, 1915 was the Phils first pennant year ever. Just saying.
1915. I remember it well. The year of the Lusitania sinking and the Gallipoli campaign. :grizo1:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

So, will 93 make it to work today? Or will he go to the matinee game today?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Eflin actually outpitches Scherzer last night. Phils lineup looks more like an AL lineup. #8 hole hitter Franco is on pace for 121 home runs this year. And I had no idea how good Segura was - problem with west coast baseball that isn't the Dodgers is that you don't see enough of it back here on the east coast. I switched it to slow motion to re-watch a play and even on slow motion Segura looked fast. Throw in 'Cutch and Realmuto as well and this team is stacked right now, even if Harper wasn't hitting. Good vibes indeed. Remember, 1915 was the Phils first pennant year ever. Just saying.
1915. I remember it well. The year of the Lusitania sinking and the Gallipoli campaign. :grizo1:
........and Villa and Zapata were trying to make Mexico a better place to live.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:So, will 93 make it to work today? Or will he go to the matinee game today?
I'm heading to the matinee.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:So, will 93 make it to work today? Or will he go to the matinee game today?
I'm heading to the matinee.
I’m guessing that today’s crowd will be closer to 20K than 35K. And mostly hung-over Phillies fans.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Good little bit on the Phillies celebrations. I liked #4 with 'Cutch playing rock/paper/scissors with the 3rd base coach. They didn't have the one that Harper was doing last night after his double - did some wave to the guys in the dugout. I liked it. Kinda get the vibe like the Eagles had in their Super Bowl year when they were setting the bar for the NFL when it came to choreographed celebrations.

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/ranking-the-ph ... handshakes
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

It's been a while since you could be this excited to be a Phillies fan.

I even broke down and bought the cable Sports Package last night so I could watch the game on the MLB Network. ;)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:It's been a while since you could be this excited to be a Phillies fan.

I even broke down and bought the cable Sports Package last night so I could watch the game on the MLB Network. ;)
Well, in all truth, and in perspective of the Phillies being a pretty old franchise (going back to 1883), it wasn't that long ago that the Phillies were good and had a buzz around them. Remember, the second of just two golden eras of Phillies baseball was just a decade ago (2007 to 2011, give or take a year on either end - other golden era was 1976 to 1983) and outside of those two eras the Phillies did everything to earn the distinction of the losingest franchise in professional sports history. So with that kind of history, the Phils stinking from 2013 until maybe last year isn't really a long time. :coffee:
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

GannonFan wrote:
SunCoastBlueHen wrote:It's been a while since you could be this excited to be a Phillies fan.

Well, in all truth, and in perspective of the Phillies being a pretty old franchise (going back to 1883), it wasn't that long ago that the Phillies were good and had a buzz around them. Remember, the second of just two golden eras of Phillies baseball was just a decade ago (2007 to 2011, give or take a year on either end - other golden era was 1976 to 1983) and outside of those two eras the Phillies did everything to earn the distinction of the losingest franchise in professional sports history. So with that kind of history, the Phils stinking from 2013 until maybe last year isn't really a long time. :coffee:
Long enough!

:D
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Anyone here been to a game at Connie Mack, Veterans and Citizens Bank stadiums? I got the first two but not the current. I still have time to add that to the list.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Anyone here been to a game at Connie Mack, Veterans and Citizens Bank stadiums? I got the first two but not the current. I still have time to add that to the list.
Nah, just the last two for me. Born in '72 so I missed the last game at Connie Mack in 1970.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Segura played a year for the Dbacks - loved him then.
:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:Here ya go 89:
:thumb: Nice work. I would have never expected the boos from the DC folks, seriously. When Capitals return for their first game they get standing ovations, a tribute on the video between periods, etc... I think perhaps the media fueled this one. There was lots of talk about to boo or not to boo.

I did get a kick out of the Phillies fan yelling "Yeah bitch."... that wasn't you was it? :lol:

BTW, I also think it's humorous that Phillies fans embraced a guy they hated so much so quickly.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:Good little bit on the Phillies celebrations. I liked #4 with 'Cutch playing rock/paper/scissors with the 3rd base coach. They didn't have the one that Harper was doing last night after his double - did some wave to the guys in the dugout. I liked it. Kinda get the vibe like the Eagles had in their Super Bowl year when they were setting the bar for the NFL when it came to choreographed celebrations.
One routine is fun. The amount the Phils did last night is very ghey.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:Here ya go 89:
:thumb: Nice work. I would have never expected the boos from the DC folks, seriously. When Capitals return for their first game they get standing ovations, a tribute on the video between periods, etc... I think perhaps the media fueled this one. There was lots of talk about to boo or not to boo.

I did get a kick out of the Phillies fan yelling "Yeah bitch."... that wasn't you was it? :lol:

BTW, I also think it's humorous that Phillies fans embraced a guy they hated so much so quickly.
I don't know what I said. I was just getting peak buzz on. Maybe.

The Phils fans, honestly, were obnoxious as hell in right field. We had that whole four or five sections covered. I am old enough now to just sit back and watch the dickery.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Also, responding to Ivy, the place is much more empty and subdued this afternoon (at 25 min til 1st pitch). Freaking beautiful day though, and the cheap Budweiser is flowing.

I'm over on the third base side supporting the defacto home team today.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Random observation of Nats Park. They have murals of one blue and one brown eye of Scherzer all over the stadium. It's kind of weird. What if the Eagles had put up murals of a very large penis when Nick Foles was starting?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Good little bit on the Phillies celebrations. I liked #4 with 'Cutch playing rock/paper/scissors with the 3rd base coach. They didn't have the one that Harper was doing last night after his double - did some wave to the guys in the dugout. I liked it. Kinda get the vibe like the Eagles had in their Super Bowl year when they were setting the bar for the NFL when it came to choreographed celebrations.
One routine is fun. The amount the Phils did last night is very ghey.
You're old-fashioned, you need to embrace the frivolity of it. Like I said, the Eagles showed people how to do it - their creativity in that Super Bowl year was fantastic, kinda like the Monmouth bench (men's basketball) a few years back. Going over the top is the way to go. It's why Gritty is pretty much the second best mascot in professional sports (right behind the Phanatic) after just one season. Go bold or go home.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
We like to win more than anything so there's that. And besides, we never truly hated him, I mean, it's not like he was a Dallas Cowboy. The Phils/Nats rivalry is several levels less than that blood feud. Remember, we even embraced Lenny Dykstra back in the day and he came from the Mets and that rivalry (Mets/Phils) is more bitter than the one with the Nats. Let's all hope Harper doesn't follow Lenny's lifestyle choices in the future.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: One routine is fun. The amount the Phils did last night is very ghey.
You're old-fashioned, you need to embrace the frivolity of it. Like I said, the Eagles showed people how to do it - their creativity in that Super Bowl year was fantastic, kinda like the Monmouth bench (men's basketball) a few years back. Going over the top is the way to go. It's why Gritty is pretty much the second best mascot in professional sports (right behind the Phanatic) after just one season. Go bold or go home.
1. I loved the Eagles celebrations.
2. I love me some Gritty.
3. The sheer number or routines the Phils exhibit is just dumb. It reminded me of...

phpBB [video]
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:Random observation of Nats Park. They have murals of one blue and one brown eye of Scherzer all over the stadium. It's kind of weird. What if the Eagles had put up murals of a very large penis when Nick Foles was starting?
:lol: Not quite the same thing.