NFL 2019 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52681
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby 93henfan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 am

Redskins. :lol:
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 22699
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:37 am

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Sudfeld looked OK.


Yeah, other than the broken wrist.

The guys who looked good last night were Dillard and Arecega-Whiteside.

No offensive starters played a rep, so I wouldn't make too many assumptions on the Birds" prospects in 2019.

Not worried. I think 11-5 is where they’ll end up. And it wasn’t Sudfeld’s throwing wrist.

They ought to suspend those Titans punks who put the late hits on Sudfeld and Kessler.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52681
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby 93henfan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:39 am

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Yeah, other than the broken wrist.

The guys who looked good last night were Dillard and Arecega-Whiteside.

No offensive starters played a rep, so I wouldn't make too many assumptions on the Birds" prospects in 2019.

Not worried. I think 11-5 is where they’ll end up. And it wasn’t Sudfeld’s throwing wrist.

They ought to suspend those Titans punks who put the late hits on Sudfeld and Kessler.


They obviously couldn't pay Foles $22M to ride the pine, but they do need to go out and look for a credible backup now. That Thorson (whatever his name is) guy they drafted looked like canned ass last night. I was hoping he might be able to surprise and fill the void, but he's obviously years, if ever, away.
Last edited by 93henfan on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 22699
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:42 am

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Not worried. I think 11-5 is where they’ll end up. And it wasn’t Sudfeld’s throwing wrist.

They ought to suspend those Titans punks who put the late hits on Sudfeld and Kessler.


They obviously couldn't pay Foles $20M to ride the pine, but they do need to go out and look for a credible backup now. That Thorson (whatever his name is) guy they drafted looked like canned ass last night.

Kaepernick is available. :coffee:

Will be fun watching Big Stick Nick next week, if only briefly.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52681
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby 93henfan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 am

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:
They obviously couldn't pay Foles $20M to ride the pine, but they do need to go out and look for a credible backup now. That Thorson (whatever his name is) guy they drafted looked like canned ass last night.

Kaepernick is available. :coffee:

Will be fun watching Big Stick Nick next week, if only briefly.


Yeah, I just edited my post. Had to go see what his contract ended up at in Jax. $88M/4 years with incentives up to $102M. Good for Nick. He totally deserves it.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12755
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby GannonFan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:53 am

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:
They obviously couldn't pay Foles $20M to ride the pine, but they do need to go out and look for a credible backup now. That Thorson (whatever his name is) guy they drafted looked like canned ass last night.

Kaepernick is available. :coffee:

Will be fun watching Big Stick Nick next week, if only briefly.


Eagles can't have a lot of money left - Howie worked magic this year making the little cap room they have go as far as he did. I'd take a flier on Kaepernick but I doubt that he'd come here because 1) Wentz is cemented as the starter, Kap will never beat him out and 2) Eagles would only pay the absolute minimum and I doubt Kap wants to hold a clipboard for very little money. He makes more money outside of football than he could expect to command in football. He's just not worth the price tag as a football player.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32795
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby 89Hen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:10 am

Ivytalk wrote:They ought to suspend those Titans punks who put the late hits on Sudfeld and Kessler.

Yeah, what's up with that in pre-season? :suspicious:
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52681
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby 93henfan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 am

89Hen wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:They ought to suspend those Titans punks who put the late hits on Sudfeld and Kessler.

Yeah, what's up with that in pre-season? :suspicious:


The preseason is the last chance to impress for a lot of really bad players, and that leads to bad decision making.

For example, Pumphries deciding to bring out the opening kickoff from 9 yards deep in the end zone, and coming up six yards short of the touchback yardage.

I forget what team it was, but they sent a rookie CB or S to the showers last week for popping too many offensive players in practice.

These guys are trying to eat, honestly. I get it, even if they ain't the sharpest tools.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32795
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby 89Hen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:19 am

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote:Yeah, what's up with that in pre-season? :suspicious:


The preseason is the last chance to impress for a lot of really bad players, and that leads to bad decision making.

For example, Pumphries deciding to bring out the opening kickoff from 9 yards deep in the end zone, and coming up six yards short of the touchback yardage.

I forget what team it was, but they sent a rookie CB or S to the showers last week for popping too many offensive players in practice.

These guys are trying to eat, honestly. I get it, even if they ain't the sharpest tools.

Wasn't one of the hits by a veteran not vying for a job?
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Chizzang » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:48 am

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:
The preseason is the last chance to impress for a lot of really bad players, and that leads to bad decision making.

For example, Pumphries deciding to bring out the opening kickoff from 9 yards deep in the end zone, and coming up six yards short of the touchback yardage.

I forget what team it was, but they sent a rookie CB or S to the showers last week for popping too many offensive players in practice.

These guys are trying to eat, honestly. I get it, even if they ain't the sharpest tools.

Wasn't one of the hits by a veteran not vying for a job?


The Titans are a chippy bunch...
and Dean Pees (ex Ravens ex Patriots) is fond of getting his players into fights
he encourages "chippy"

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12755
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby GannonFan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:07 pm

No reason to panic - Sudfeld is only expected to miss 6 weeks. That means he's back by week 2 or week 3 of the season. No point trying to fit in another backup QB when the backup you like in Sudfeld will be back without missing too many games that actually matter. Throw Wentz for maybe a quarter next week and maybe a whole half the following week and then just let the mutts take up the rest of the time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50785
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby AZGrizFan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:31 am

Antonio Brown.

What.
The.
Fuck?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34148
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby CAA Flagship » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:36 am

AZGrizFan wrote:Antonio Brown.

What.
The.
Fuck?

Remember the days when wide receivers were respected? Guys like Paul Warfield, Jerry Rice, Charley Taylor, Art Monk, Lynn Swann, etc.

Then came Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Deshean Jackson, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson,.............and now Antonio Brown.

User avatar
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10528
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Vidav » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:23 pm

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Antonio Brown.

What.
The.
Fuck?

Remember the days when wide receivers were respected? Guys like Paul Warfield, Jerry Rice, Charley Taylor, Art Monk, Lynn Swann, etc.

Then came Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Deshean Jackson, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson,.............and now Antonio Brown.



Michael Irvin played more in the years of Rice than the other people you mentioned. :coffee:
93 had something to do with this:
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34148
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby CAA Flagship » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 am

Vidav wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Remember the days when wide receivers were respected? Guys like Paul Warfield, Jerry Rice, Charley Taylor, Art Monk, Lynn Swann, etc.

Then came Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Deshean Jackson, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson,.............and now Antonio Brown.



Michael Irvin played more in the years of Rice than the other people you mentioned. :coffee:

He was the first of the Assholic Era.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5449
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby UNI88 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:55 am

CAA Flagship wrote:
Vidav wrote:

Michael Irvin played more in the years of Rice than the other people you mentioned. :coffee:

He was the first of the Assholic Era.


So he was the foreskinfather of the group.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Chizzang » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 am

CAA Flagship wrote:
Vidav wrote:

Michael Irvin played more in the years of Rice than the other people you mentioned. :coffee:

He was the first of the Assholic Era.


True...
and even to this day as an analyst (of sorts)
Irvin still evaluates every situation as if it were about him - which is not easy to do but he manages

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10528
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Vidav » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:25 pm

93 had something to do with this:
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Chizzang » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Vidav wrote:



It seems like you should at least win one playoff game
before you get one of these NFL Hype Video's

No..?

:ohno:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10528
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Vidav » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Chizzang wrote:
Vidav wrote:



It seems like you should at least win one playoff game
before you get one of these NFL Hype Video's

No..?

:ohno:


They did win a playoff game? :coffee:
93 had something to do with this:
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Chizzang » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Vidav wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

It seems like you should at least win one playoff game
before you get one of these NFL Hype Video's

No..?

:ohno:


They did win a playoff game? :coffee:


You are correct sir... I totally forgot they beat the Seahawks

:nod:

Please accept my apology
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12755
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby GannonFan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 am

Dak looking to get $40M a year (or maybe just $35M per year).

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/12/dak-prescott-cowboys-quarterback-turns-down-extension

I remember a discussion on here about how the cowboys were going to be dominating the free agent market with so much money. Apparently all of that money will now go to Dak (unsure how Elliott and Cooper will fit in under the cap with that much money going to Dak). Meanwhile, the Eagles get to have Wentz comfortably at around $25M for the next 6 years. Between Dak's contract and Daniel Snyder alive and well in Washington, things look good for the Eagles in the NFC East for sometime to come. :nod:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5449
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby UNI88 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:16 am

GannonFan wrote:Dak looking to get $40M a year (or maybe just $35M per year).

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/12/dak-prescott-cowboys-quarterback-turns-down-extension

I remember a discussion on here about how the cowboys were going to be dominating the free agent market with so much money. Apparently all of that money will now go to Dak (unsure how Elliott and Cooper will fit in under the cap with that much money going to Dak). Meanwhile, the Eagles get to have Wentz comfortably at around $25M for the next 6 years. Between Dak's contract and Daniel Snyder alive and well in Washington, things look good for the Eagles in the NFC East for sometime to come. :nod:


Will Cowboys 'completely cave' to Dak Prescott? Eagles refused to wait in their deal with Carson Wentz

The franchise believed in Wentz. And it was better to get an extension done two years early at numbers that made sense for both sides than wait for the Cowboys...
to screw it up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby Chizzang » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 am

If there was ever a doubt that Colts owner Jim Irsay is an idiot that inherited his fathers fortune...
Simply examine how he's run the Indianapolis Colts Franchise

This guy is a rolling dumpster fire...

Now he's commenting on Andrew Lucks medical condition
which he is NOT obligated to do and never should (period)

secondly for these past 15 years he's used his friend as the team doctor
instead of a "Team of doctors" that are qualified in sports medicine
the 3 years Luck injury and subsequent mishandling (debacle) of the franchise QB

it's amateur hour (that's gone on for 15 years)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34148
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: NFL 2019 Season

Postby CAA Flagship » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Jay-Z's Roc Nation entering partnership with NFL

Roc Nation, the entertainment company founded by rapper and businessman Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, is entering into a multiyear partnership with the NFL to enhance the NFL's live game experiences and to amplify the league's social justice efforts.

As part of the agreement, Roc Nation will advise on the selection of artists for major NFL performances like the Super Bowl. A major component of the partnership will be to nurture and strengthen community through football and music, including through the NFL's Inspire Change initiative.

The NFL formally launched the Inspire Change initiative in early 2019, after more than two years of work with NFL players, with the goal of creating positive change in communities across the country. Through this initiative, NFL teams and the league office work with the Players Coalition and other NFL players to support programs and initiatives that reduce barriers to opportunity, with a focus on three priority areas: education and economic advancement; police and community relations; and criminal justice reform.


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... p-with-nfl

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests