FCS Involved in HUGE Feat

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

FCS Involved in HUGE Feat

Post by SuperHornet »

Former Villanova all-everything Matt Szczur played a rather large part in a 25-hit, 25-run eruption as the Reno Aces destroyed the Tacoma Raniers 25-8 in PCL action. Szczur hit for the cycle, and teammate Yasmany Tomas launched four home runs. The Aces hit ten dingers total.

The only time there was a four-homer/cycle combo in the majors was back in '32, when Gehrig hit the bombs and Lazzery hit for the cycle for the Yanks.

Go FCS!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dbacks-tri ... 12275.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: FCS Involved in HUGE Feat

Post by GannonFan »

Minor leagues. Nice, but still minor leagues. Szczur going to get back to the Majors, starting to get old (think he's 29 or so by now)? Time's ticking.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:Minor leagues. Nice, but still minor leagues. Szczur going to get back to the Majors, starting to get old (think he's 29 or so by now)? Time's ticking.

He was a senior in 2010. Gotta be in his 30’s
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Minor leagues. Nice, but still minor leagues. Szczur going to get back to the Majors, starting to get old (think he's 29 or so by now)? Time's ticking.

Had to wiki it - if they're right he turns 30 this summer. If that's the case, he's likely a career minor leaguer now. Not a bad thing, can still make pretty good coin as a career triple A player. Better than working for a living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Szczur
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Had to wiki it - if they're right he turns 30 this summer. If that's the case, he's likely a career minor leaguer now. Not a bad thing, can still make pretty good coin as a career triple A player. Better than working for a living.

According to Baseball Reference, he made $2,519,500 in the four seasons from 2015-2018 and is due $950K more, guaranteed, from the Dbacks this year. Wiki says he received a $100K signing bonus from the Cubs in 2010 and an additional $500K if he agreed not to attend the NFL Combine. Then he signed a $1.5M deal with the Cubs in 2011. So, rough math looks like he's hauled in at least $5M playing baseball.

Not too shabby.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Fuck Szczur. As a Griz fan, that name gives me nightmares. I was AT that game.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:Fuck Szczur. As a Griz fan, that name gives me nightmares. I was AT that game.
:lol:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

According to Baseball Reference, he made $2,519,500 in the four seasons from 2015-2018 and is due $950K more, guaranteed, from the Dbacks this year. Wiki says he received a $100K signing bonus from the Cubs in 2010 and an additional $500K if he agreed not to attend the NFL Combine. Then he signed a $1.5M deal with the Cubs in 2011. So, rough math looks like he's hauled in at least $5M playing baseball.

Not too shabby.
Yeah, he choose wisely. At least $5M in earnings (he could stay in triple A for another 5 years and keep making at least several hundred thousand each year) and he avoided the body demolition and concussions that would've come with a much shorter, and less lucrative, NFL career.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:Fuck Szczur. As a Griz fan, that name gives me nightmares. I was AT that game.
And then the next year he was introduced to Matt Johnson who completely took him out of the game (figuratively and literally). That was one hell of an impressive defensive performance.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
And then the next year he was introduced to Matt Johnson who completely took him out of the game (figuratively and literally). That was one hell of an impressive defensive performance.
Any defensive scheme/performance that could take THAT kid out of a game deserves a round of applause. He was literally a one-man wrecking crew in the '09 chipper. And between that and Bobby's propensity to go conservative with a lead, the game was pissed down his leg by the end of the 4th quarter. :ohno: :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12