2019 NBA Trades and Draft

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

2019 NBA Trades and Draft

Post by Gil Dobie »

Lakers trade for Anthony Davis

Jimmie Buckets opts out
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2019 NBA Trades and Draft

Post by Gil Dobie »

Sad day to be a Lakers fan, giving up the future for The Chosen One's wishes. Would rather of traded James, who has a lot of down side left, to New Orleans for Davis and keep the young stars. Now they have Davis, James, Kuzma and the thrift store deals of the day on the team. Giving up 4 first round picks is a big loss too. :ohno:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Note to Lakers management......

phpBB [video]
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I'm not so negative on the Lakers. Getting Davis now means you'll have him for after LeBron is gone. They still have room to bring in another max guy so that's why they are looking at bringing in someone like Kemba Walker. Of the guys they gave up, really only Ingram is a guy you can't easily replace (Hart's a nice player, but you can find him anywhere). The draft picks are tough but if all goes well, only the 4th overall this year is going to be a significant draft pick - if the Lakers win games as expected the other draft picks will be deep in the 20's of those drafts and not as valuable. They have LeBron, Davis, potentially a Walker-type, with Kuzma, and they have a starting 4 right there that will challenge to win the West (especially a West where Golden State will likely be without Durant and Klay for the bulk of next year). I think it's a good deal for LA, and I think it's a good deal for New Orleans (who stood to get nothing when Davis walked, so this is certainly better than nothing).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves pick Culver from Texas Tech. Looks like a good kid, can he make an impact in the NBA.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Blazers take Little from North Carolina at #25. Was slated by many as a lottery pick. Blazers need a wing defender but probably not one this young. Good friend of Simons who the Blazers took at #24 last year. My opinion, I don't know if he will be a Blazer for long but he is scheduled to play in summer league.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I want to be the first to say it, Zion Williams will be the biggest bust in NBA history. There is no way he can live up to the hype especially since his game wont translate to the NBA. Sure hes athletic but Im guessing he has a weak mind and his confidence will be busted in the NBA and he will never recover.

Even though the NBA has already awarded him the "rookie of the year" next season doesnt prove a damn thing its all hype. :tothehand: :coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I want to be the first to say it, Zion Williams will be the biggest bust in NBA history. There is no way he can live up to the hype especially since his game wont translate to the NBA. Sure hes athletic but Im guessing he has a weak mind and his confidence will be busted in the NBA and he will never recover.

Even though the NBA has already awarded him the "rookie of the year" next season doesnt prove a damn thing its all hype. :tothehand: :coffee:
Like LeBron? Poor guy plays his whole career winning in the East, gets a big head and proclaims himself the "Greatest of All Time". Then he moves out West and can't even make the playoffs. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Philly looks better with Richardson coming in, oh, and Jimmie Buckets going.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

That Jimmy Buckets thing really worked out for Philly while he was there...

Another cog in the process machine not working out
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

clenz wrote:That Jimmy Buckets thing really worked out for Philly while he was there...

They won 1 less game last season, but had a better playoff performance.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Gil Dobie wrote:
clenz wrote:That Jimmy Buckets thing really worked out for Philly while he was there...

So they were worse over the course of the season, got a better series match up...and still won fuck all

and Jimmy still wanted the fuck out as fast as he could.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Getting Jimmy was a worthwhile gamble for the Sixers, and it only cost them Robert Covington and Dario Saric to get him. Now, after moving him along to Miami, the Sixers end up with Josh Richardson (a poor man's Jimmy from a scoring standpoint but a better defender and 5 years younger and on a team friendly contract) and Al Horford. Not only pulling Horford away from a team in the same division, but a guy who frustrated Embiid and is now a guy that will provide a lot of protection and a lot of relief for Embiid. And really, the Sixers need a healthy Embiid come playoff time to have any chance of winning it all, no matter who else is on the team. It was a good day for the Sixers in what promises to be a pretty good year for the Sixers ahead. Barkley has labeled them the team to beat, not just in the East, but in the entire NBA. Can't argue with Barkley. 8-)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2019 NBA Trades and Draft

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:Getting Jimmy was a worthwhile gamble for the Sixers, and it only cost them Robert Covington and Dario Saric to get him. Now, after moving him along to Miami, the Sixers end up with Josh Richardson (a poor man's Jimmy from a scoring standpoint but a better defender and 5 years younger and on a team friendly contract) and Al Horford. Not only pulling Horford away from a team in the same division, but a guy who frustrated Embiid and is now a guy that will provide a lot of protection and a lot of relief for Embiid. And really, the Sixers need a healthy Embiid come playoff time to have any chance of winning it all, no matter who else is on the team. It was a good day for the Sixers in what promises to be a pretty good year for the Sixers ahead. Barkley has labeled them the team to beat, not just in the East, but in the entire NBA. Can't argue with Barkley. 8-)
So is a "poor man's Jimmy" a greater or lesser prima donna than the original?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

clenz wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
So they were worse over the course of the season, got a better series match up...and still won **** all

and Jimmy still wanted the **** out as fast as he could.
Why do you hate Philadelphia sports teams?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
clenz wrote: So they were worse over the course of the season, got a better series match up...and still won **** all

and Jimmy still wanted the **** out as fast as he could.
He's a TWolves fan who doesn't like Janie Butler.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:

Butler is a douche...

But this is more about this asinine idea of "The Process" actually being a thing that works. Then when every new branch of the process fails to deliver it's fun to see the spin zone and how that failure was just another way the process was working and "here's why"
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

clenz wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

Butler is a douche...

But this is more about this asinine idea of "The Process" actually being a thing that works. Then when every new branch of the process fails to deliver it's fun to see the spin zone and how that failure was just another way the process was working and "here's why"
After AI retired (and frankly, even before he retired) Sixers basketball sucked for a good 12 years or so (and let's be honest, before AI got here Sixers basketball kinda sucked since they got rid of Barkley) and no one gave a damn about them. So the Sixers chose to purposely lose, and lose badly, for three seasons, and it got them Simmons and Embiid, and now Harris and Richardson and Horford and they have arguably the best starting 5 in the NBA next year and people talk about the Sixers almost all the time. Let's face it, "The Process" has been an unequivocal success in terms of making the Sixers relevant in the NBA, and making them must see tv and in person in Philadelphia. It would be nice to win some more playoff series, but hopefully that starts happening sooner than later. But we are still in the early stages of most of these guys careers. Embiid is just 25 years old and Simmons hasn't even turned 23 years old yet. We'll be talking about Philly's relevance for the next decade. There'll be a statue to Hinkie sometime in the future. :thumb:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

The Pistons signed Derrick Rose to team up with Blake Griffin! They should be a real contender in 2010. :nod:

:ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
clenz wrote: Butler is a douche...

After AI retired (and frankly, even before he retired) Sixers basketball sucked for a good 12 years or so (and let's be honest, before AI got here Sixers basketball kinda sucked since they got rid of Barkley) and no one gave a damn about them. So the Sixers chose to purposely lose, and lose badly, for three seasons, and it got them Simmons and Embiid, and now Harris and Richardson and Horford and they have arguably the best starting 5 in the NBA next year and people talk about the Sixers almost all the time. Let's face it, "The Process" has been an unequivocal success in terms of making the Sixers relevant in the NBA, and making them must see tv and in person in Philadelphia. It would be nice to win some more playoff series, but hopefully that starts happening sooner than later. But we are still in the early stages of most of these guys careers. Embiid is just 25 years old and Simmons hasn't even turned 23 years old yet. We'll be talking about Philly's relevance for the next decade. There'll be a statue to Hinkie sometime in the future. :thumb:
Gotta win something. They haven't won anything yet.

The process has to include one of those trophies of a gold basketball over a gold wastepaper basket before it can be deemed a success. Championships are all that matter. And with gimpy out of shape Embiid and soft underachiever Simmons, I just don't see it. I hope they prove me wrong.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

The process has to include one of those trophies of a gold basketball over a gold wastepaper basket before it can be deemed a success. Championships are all that matter. And with gimpy out of shape Embiid and soft underachiever Simmons, I just don't see it. I hope they prove me wrong.
They've had two seasons of playing with a semi-full team and playing with the intention of winning in the playoffs. Sure, they've been bounced in the second round twice, once to Boston and once to the eventual champs, the latter going to game 7. Embiid is 25 and Simmons will be 23. The window is still in the process of opening, not closing for these guys. This will be the best team they've entered the year with this year. Starting lineup, before the season starts, of Simmons, Embiid, Richardson, Harris, and Horford. That's significantly better than the starting lineup entering the year last year of Simmons, Embiid, Covington, Fultz, and Saric. It's not even arguable. And the bench is actually impressive this year - Scott, Zhaire, Ennis, O'Quinn, Bolden, Thybulle, Milton, Neto. Now you have load management built-in for Embiid (and we saw last year how proper load management worked for Toronto as they rested Khwai all the way into the playoffs), you have a team that might be the best defensive team in the league (second only to the Clippers), and you have an Eastern conference where every contender (Bucks, Celtics, Raptors) all got slightly worse than last year with the Sixers getting measurably better than last year. Future, including, now, looks pretty bright.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:

They've had two seasons of playing with a semi-full team and playing with the intention of winning in the playoffs. Sure, they've been bounced in the second round twice, once to Boston and once to the eventual champs, the latter going to game 7. Embiid is 25 and Simmons will be 23. The window is still in the process of opening, not closing for these guys. This will be the best team they've entered the year with this year. Starting lineup, before the season starts, of Simmons, Embiid, Richardson, Harris, and Horford. That's significantly better than the starting lineup entering the year last year of Simmons, Embiid, Covington, Fultz, and Saric. It's not even arguable. And the bench is actually impressive this year - Scott, Zhaire, Ennis, O'Quinn, Bolden, Thybulle, Milton, Neto. Now you have load management built-in for Embiid (and we saw last year how proper load management worked for Toronto as they rested Khwai all the way into the playoffs), you have a team that might be the best defensive team in the league (second only to the Clippers), and you have an Eastern conference where every contender (Bucks, Celtics, Raptors) all got slightly worse than last year with the Sixers getting measurably better than last year. Future, including, now, looks pretty bright.
I'll wait for the trophy delivery.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I'll wait for the trophy delivery.
Half the fun is getting there. I'll make sure to keep you in the loop. We'll have a spot on the bandwagon for you so that you can jump on at the end. :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

West
1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Nuggets

East
1. Philly
2. MIlwaukee
3. Boston
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Gil Dobie wrote:West
1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Nuggets

East
1. Philly
2. MIlwaukee
3. Boston
I'm not buying the Lakers hype. At this point in his career, LeBron will need to learn how to defer to Davis and I think he still thinks he is the man. Wait for the moment when Vogel designs a play for Davis at the end of the game and LeBron breaks it off and takes it himself. Not a question of IF it will happen, only a question of WHEN it will happen.

For me the West is still Golden State's to lose.

1. Warriors
2. Jazz
3. Blazers
4. Clippers
5. Mavs
6. Nuggets
7. Lakers
8. Rockets