Korean PGA Ban

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Korean PGA Ban

Post by 89Hen »

Maybe not as bad as giving a fan the finger, but probably would have gotten a one year ban in Korea...

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/10/12/sc ... p-mXFV7-C8
At the par-3 9th hole at the Golf Club of Houston on Friday, a spectator shouted something from behind the ropes in the middle of Scheffler’s swing. The noise distracted Scheffler enough to cause his back foot to slip, sending his ball careening low and into a left greenside bunker.

The young pro was none-too-pleased, and made it known by firing back at the unruly fan.

“Are you kidding me?” Scheffler yelled back at the obtrusive spectator. “You can’t keep your mouth quiet for five minutes, man? Right in the middle of my swing.”
phpBB [video]
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:Maybe not as bad as giving a fan the finger, but probably would have gotten a one year ban in Korea...

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/10/12/sc ... p-mXFV7-C8
At the par-3 9th hole at the Golf Club of Houston on Friday, a spectator shouted something from behind the ropes in the middle of Scheffler’s swing. The noise distracted Scheffler enough to cause his back foot to slip, sending his ball careening low and into a left greenside bunker.

The young pro was none-too-pleased, and made it known by firing back at the unruly fan.

“Are you kidding me?” Scheffler yelled back at the obtrusive spectator. “You can’t keep your mouth quiet for five minutes, man? Right in the middle of my swing.”
phpBB [video]
Geesh, he almost knocked him over with that shout. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Well I think we can all agree that they are both more of a sport than curling. Oh and NASCAR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn’t you grow up in rural NC, in the heart of NASCAR country? Figured you would have had friends & family that were NASCAR fans & would have been one yourself.
If I wanted to waste time watching someone go round and round in left hand circles I’d just come here an read Jearf’s posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/lee-an ... umNkofNSr0
The rules have changed since Lee Ann Walker last played competitive golf. She found out the hard way.

Walker shot rounds of 85 and 74 at the Senior LPGA Championship at French Lick Resort in Indiana. That was before she realized players no longer can putt when their caddies have been standing directly behind them.

She had to add 42 penalty shots to her first round, turning that into a 127, and 16 more penalty shots for the second round, turning that into a 90.
:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:https://www.golfchannel.com/news/lee-an ... umNkofNSr0
The rules have changed since Lee Ann Walker last played competitive golf. She found out the hard way.

Walker shot rounds of 85 and 74 at the Senior LPGA Championship at French Lick Resort in Indiana. That was before she realized players no longer can putt when their caddies have been standing directly behind them.

She had to add 42 penalty shots to her first round, turning that into a 127, and 16 more penalty shots for the second round, turning that into a 90.
:lol:
Is there a reason for that rule or are the LPGA/PGA kind of like the government in enacting inane rules?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:Is there a reason for that rule or are the LPGA/PGA kind of like the government in enacting inane rules?
:nod:
USGA wrote:Although a player may get advice from a caddie on the shot to be played, the line of play, and other similar matters, the ability to line up one’s feet and body accurately to a target line is a fundamental skill of the game for which the player alone should be responsible.

Allowing a caddie to stand behind a player taking a stance so as to direct the player how to line up undermines the player’s need to use his or her own alignment skills and judgment.

We believe that an appropriate line is drawn between allowing advice from a caddie and prohibiting the caddie from being involved in directing the player in the act of taking a stance to play the ball.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Is there a reason for that rule or are the LPGA/PGA kind of like the government in enacting inane rules?
USGA wrote:Although a player may get advice from a caddie on the shot to be played, the line of play, and other similar matters, the ability to line up one’s feet and body accurately to a target line is a fundamental skill of the game for which the player alone should be responsible.

Allowing a caddie to stand behind a player taking a stance so as to direct the player how to line up undermines the player’s need to use his or her own alignment skills and judgment.

We believe that an appropriate line is drawn between allowing advice from a caddie and prohibiting the caddie from being involved in directing the player in the act of taking a stance to play the ball.
Thank you. I learned something today. Now I just have to stand on my desk and sing a song about it and I can go home. Woohoo!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

It never ceases to amaze me how many regular golfers don't know the rules (NOT aimed at you 88). They aren't just penalties, you can use them to your advantage if you know them well enough.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how many regular golfers don't know the rules (NOT aimed at you 88). They aren't just penalties, you can use them to your advantage if you know them well enough.
No offense taken. I'm not a regular golfer and don't pretend to know the rules.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:

So what if the caddie stood facing the golfer and told them how to move their feet? Penalty there too? I know golf nerds love the arcane rules, but there are plenty of really dumb rules in golf.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: :nod:
So what if the caddie stood facing the golfer and told them how to move their feet? Penalty there too? I know golf nerds love the arcane rules, but there are plenty of really dumb rules in golf.
I believe that's fine, but I can't imagine anyone doing that.

Give me some examples of the ones you think are dumb. I'm genuinely interested in what you think they are. I have a problem with tour players having to keep a scorecard and if they mark it incorrectly they can be disqualified. But IMO they already fixed some of the other questionable ones like putting with the pin in, being able to fix spike marks on the green, being able to move loose impediments in hazards...
WWII
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by WWII »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I believe that's fine, but I can't imagine anyone doing that.

Give me some examples of the ones you think are dumb. I'm genuinely interested in what you think they are. I have a problem with tour players having to keep a scorecard and if they mark it incorrectly they can be disqualified. But IMO they already fixed some of the other questionable ones like putting with the pin in, being able to fix spike marks on the green, being able to move loose impediments in hazards...
Flagstick.
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

Is it true that if you find your ball resting against a large tree root that you are not allowed to kick it a few feet to create a playable shot? That's some bullshit right there.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:Is it true that if you find your ball resting against a large tree root that you are not allowed to let anyone else see you kick it a few feet to create a playable shot? That's some bullshit right there.
Fixed your post SCBH.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

WWII wrote:
89Hen wrote: I believe that's fine, but I can't imagine anyone doing that.

Flagstick.
You're the reason people don't like golf. :kisswink:
WWII
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by WWII »

89Hen wrote:
WWII wrote:
Flagstick.
You're the reason people don't like golf. :kisswink:
Most people don't play golf. They are pretending to play golf.

Of course of someone didn't pick up a soccer ball and run with it, we wouldn't have rugby or american football.