ALCS

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who wins the ALCS?

Astros in 4
8%
Astros in 5
8%
Astros in 6
31%
Astros in 7
15%
Yankees in 4
No votes
Yankees in 5
8%
Yankees in 6
23%
Yankees in 7
8%

Total votes: 13

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: ALCS

Post by JoltinJoe »

89Hen wrote:There is not a person in Washington that cares about anything Expos, other than most folks like the logo and throwback unis.
Yup, I believe that. And any guy who picks his favorite baseball team when he's 38 years old isn't really a fan or even really a guy. You're like my pathetic brother-in-law who claims he was a Yankees fan growing up in the late 1970s. But when he was living in Boston, he then said he was a Red Sox fan. And now that he lives in Atlanta, his favorite sport is soccer -- and he can't name a member of the 2018 Red Sox. He also had a subscription to "Modern Bride" in the year before his wedding. :roll:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:Actually, Pope Pius I in conjunction with Marcus Aurelius co-wrote a pronouncement titled the Decennium Normalem which declared that the first decade only consisted of nine years so that the following decades would make more sense.
:lol:
Yes, I am familiar with that, but apparently you have overlooked that Decennium Normalem was later abrogated by Dickus I Biggus in his pronouncement Whatus Aboutum Meus.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
89Hen wrote:There is not a person in Washington that cares about anything Expos, other than most folks like the logo and throwback unis.
Yup, I believe that. And any guy who picks his favorite baseball team when he's 38 years old isn't really a fan or even really a guy. You're like my pathetic brother-in-law who claims he was a Yankees fan growing up in the late 1970s. But when he was living in Boston, he then said he was a Red Sox fan. And now that he lives in Atlanta, his favorite sport is soccer -- and he can't name a member of the 2018 Red Sox. He also had a subscription to "Modern Bride" in the year before his wedding. :roll:
There's always next year Joe !!!

A Yankees fan I work with that lives on Long Island went on a 45 minute rant today about Baseball
very similar to yours above - come back next year buddy I know it hurts - this Yankees team looked special
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

A Yankees fan I work with that lives on Long Island went on a 45 minute rant today about Baseball
very similar to yours above - come back next year buddy I know it hurts - this Yankees team looked special
Yea, that's right, and my brother-in-law also irons his T-shirts and reads Sam Harris.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JJ is ripping Sister Boom-Boom’s tits right off this thread! :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JoltinJoe wrote:This is jumping the gun, since a decade runs from the '01 year through the 10th year. This decade runs from 2011 through 2020.

Regrettably you are correct, just shut them down 1 more year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Yea, that's right, and my brother-in-law also irons his T-shirts and reads Sam Harris.
:geek:

Things need to be ironed when they come out of a suitcase people
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JoltinJoe wrote:
:lol: I've lived in DC longer than I lived in DE at this point. The Nationals didn't exist while I lived in DE, so I had no feelings towards them one way or another. They are my team.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BTW, why are we still posting on an ALCS thread. Yankees lost.

MODS, please close this pitiful thread. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Yankees should make a return to the ALCS next year, unless the Twins get some pitching help.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

89Hen wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:
:lol: I've lived in DC longer than I lived in DE at this point. The Nationals didn't exist while I lived in DE, so I had no feelings towards them one way or another. They are my team.
I get it. :nod:

Just being a dick, you know. That's what we do here. :thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
89Hen wrote: :lol: I've lived in DC longer than I lived in DE at this point. The Nationals didn't exist while I lived in DE, so I had no feelings towards them one way or another. They are my team.

Joe, you surrender "smug prick" points if you actually admit you're being one...

:shock:

Never surrender - Never give up !
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

Joe, you surrender "smug prick" points if you actually admit you're being one...

:shock:

Never surrender - Never give up !
Go iron your T-shirt, pretty boy. :tothehand: