Astros Accused of Cheating...

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: Astros Accused of Cheating...

Post by JoltinJoe »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:
According to some things I've read, the Nats became convinced that the Astros were stealing signs and they engaged in elaborate means to conceal and change their signals, on a batter by batter basis. The catcher would run up to ten signs, with the number of the genuine sign being flashed by the bench coach before each new batter. So the bench would flash five, which means the fifth sign was the real sign for Bregman. And then the bench would flash three before Altuve came to the plate, so now the third signal was operative. That's a lot of deception to decipher with just a few pitches. and then it changed again.

Also, the Astros were concerned about the Yankees figuring out what they were doing, so they were not stealing signs on every batter during the ALCS. Just in significant moments.

Why did the Nats lose three at home?
They scored one run in each game. Cole was dominant in Game 5. In other games, the Astros got solid starts and then great bullpen work.
So the belief was that it was still going on as late as this WS then?
Some players obviously think so.

No member of the 2019 Astros has spilled the beans, so I doubt any of them admitted anything about 2019 though. They were forced to confess up about 2017, since one team member had already gone public about that season.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

And now the Red Sox's are cheaters too. First the Yankees with their prolific use of steroids, then the Astros with the trash can, and now the Red Sox with a West Point grad of all people.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/22/red-s ... ng-scandal
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:12 pm And now the Red Sox's are cheaters too. First the Yankees with their prolific use of steroids, then the Astros with the trash can, and now the Red Sox with a West Point grad of all people.

Except the Yankees' steroid use is a myth told by bitter losers.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:31 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:12 pm And now the Red Sox's are cheaters too. First the Yankees with their prolific use of steroids, then the Astros with the trash can, and now the Red Sox with a West Point grad of all people.

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

So says JJ from his stay-at-home hunkering down in La-la land. So JJ, which of the 3 monkeys are you, the hands over the eyes or the ears?
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:53 am

So says JJ from his stay-at-home hunkering down in La-la land. So JJ, which of the 3 monkeys are you, the hands over the eyes or the ears?
We've had this discussion before and you've never been able to hold your own for a moment. So what's the deal, Costanza? You got a new comeback you want to try out this time?

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:17 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:53 am

We've had this discussion before and you've never been able to hold your own for a moment. So what's the deal, Costanza? You got a new comeback you want to try out this time?

Clemens, Petite, A-Rod, Giambi, Cabrera, Montero, Sheffield, Cervelli - just off the top of my head. And those are just the guys who got caught that I can remember. Where there's smoke there's fire. And in this case, where there are actual flames you can see (i.e. all the guys getting caught) then there is also fire as well. Jordan called the Bulls in the mid 80's a travelling cocaine circus. The Yankees were the steroids equivalent of that. Cheaters. Must make you proud to root for that. :clap:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:54 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:17 am

Clemens, Petite, A-Rod, Giambi, Cabrera, Montero, Sheffield, Cervelli - just off the top of my head. And those are just the guys who got caught that I can remember. Where there's smoke there's fire. And in this case, where there are actual flames you can see (i.e. all the guys getting caught) then there is also fire as well. Jordan called the Bulls in the mid 80's a travelling cocaine circus. The Yankees were the steroids equivalent of that. Cheaters. Must make you proud to root for that. :clap:
Yea, name a lot of guys who had no use prior to 2002; except Clemens, who played 1999 and 2000 clean, according to the Mitchell Report, and was a 4th starter with pretty lousy numbers.

You've already been decimated on this point. :roll:

This is where I say, "What's the difference. You're their all-time best seller." :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:34 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:54 am

Yea, name a lot of guys who had no use prior to 2002; except Clemens, who played 1999 and 2000 clean, according to the Mitchell Report, and was a 4th starter with pretty lousy numbers.

This is where I say, "What's the difference. You're their all-time best seller." :lol:
When they got caught. Under your premise, we caught 100% of their use with 100% certainty. And with that logic, I say you're 100% an apologist for a cheating franchise. Face it, the Yanks, Red Sox, and Astros will always have asterisks. You rooted for cheaters.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:11 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:34 am

When they got caught. Under your premise, we caught 100% of their use with 100% certainty. And with that logic, I say you're 100% an apologist for a cheating franchise. Face it, the Yanks, Red Sox, and Astros will always have asterisks. You rooted for cheaters.
https://media.giphy.com/media/TL2Yr3ioe78tO/giphy.gif
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I loved the 1993 Phils, and I'm pretty sure they blazed the steroid trail.

Sorry for not helping, GF.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:47 pm I loved the 1993 Phils, and I'm pretty sure they blazed the steroid trail.

Nonsense, we acknowledge them as cheaters. Dykstra was fantastic to watch and also a jerk and a cheater. If he was a Yankee JJ would be on here saying he never tested positive for steroids, wasn't an awful human being - just a really tough competitor, and that everyone else is a hater. Therein lies the difference between realistic fan support and JJ's blindness.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 am
93henfan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:47 pm I loved the 1993 Phils, and I'm pretty sure they blazed the steroid trail.

Nonsense, we acknowledge them as cheaters. Dykstra was fantastic to watch and also a jerk and a cheater. If he was a Yankee JJ would be on here saying he never tested positive for steroids, wasn't an awful human being - just a really tough competitor, and that everyone else is a hater. Therein lies the difference between realistic fan support and JJ's blindness.
Not a single member of the 1998 Yankees was linked to PED use. No strange career arcs. No musclebound morons. No Dykstras. No Kruks.

You keep bringing up Pettitte's admitted, two-time use, which happened in 2004; and Knoblauch's experiment with PED, which happened in 2002, after he had been replaced as a starter.

Maybe this comes as a surprise to use, but PEDs don't have retroactive effect.

Now stop being a girl about this. Stop your hissy fits. It's pretty sad that you would malign one of the great teams of all time simply because you are a big skirt.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 am

Not a single member of the 1998 Yankees was linked to PED use. No strange career arcs. No musclebound morons. No Dykstras. No Kruks.

You keep bringing up Pettitte's admitted, two-time use, which happened in 2004; and Knoblauch's experiment with PED, which happened in 2002, after he had been replaced as a starter.

Now stop being a girl about this. Stop your hissy fits. It's pretty sad that you would malign one of the great teams of all time simply because you are a big skirt.
Kruk was using 'roids? How could you tell under all that flab?

Luckily for the '98 Yanks, no one was really paying attention then - that's why you had the McGwire and Sosa thing go on like it did - people didn't care enough about cheating. Clearly a guy like Paul O'Neil had all the classic signs of 'roid rage. Fortunately most of those guys had left baseball by the time they really started to investigate steroids. Petite was still around so that's why he got busted. Again, I'm sure he only did steroids those two times he admitted to - I mean, they always catch 100% of the usage. :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:12 am

Luckily for the '98 Yanks, no one was really paying attention then - that's why you had the McGwire and Sosa thing go on like it did - people didn't care enough about cheating. Clearly a guy like Paul O'Neil had all the classic signs of 'roid rage. Fortunately most of those guys had left baseball by the time they really started to investigate steroids. Petite was still around so that's why he got busted. Again, I'm sure he only did steroids those two times he admitted to - I mean, they always catch 100% of the usage. :rofl:
Look at that. Not a single fact. Pure speculation.

And O'Neill -- you are accusing a guy who was 6-foot-4, 215 pounds and never hit more than 28 homers of using steroids. :lol:

Stop being a big skirt. And why do you continue to argue a case that you ALWAYS lose. :geek:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:16 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:12 am

And O'Neill -- you are accusing a guy who was 6-foot-4, 215 pounds and never hit more than 28 homers of using steroids. :lol:

Stop being a big skirt. And why do you continue to argue a case that you ALWAYS lose. :geek:
Holding your hands on your ears like a 4 year old and shouting "it's not true, it's not true" over and over again does not constitute winning an argument. Why is it that you become so juvenile when the topic of Yankees cheating comes up? Very odd change in behavior, don't you think? Images of Clemens and Petite injecting each other must really haunt you at night, eh? :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Holding your hands on your ears like a 4 year old and shouting "it's not true, it's not true" over and over again does not constitute winning an argument. Why is it that you become so juvenile when the topic of Yankees cheating comes up? Very odd change in behavior, don't you think? Images of Clemens and Petite injecting each other must really haunt you at night, eh? :rofl:
Facts? You got any? :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 pm

The fact that I can push your button whenever I want is one. When I write out the check for the space I rent in your head, whom should I make the check out to? :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:31 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 am

The fact that I can push your button whenever I want is one. When I write out the check for the space I rent in your head, whom should I make the check out to? :rofl:
:lol:

You think you live in my head? That's too funny and actually kind of sad. Then again, you're a Phillies fan, so you are by nature too funny and kind of sad.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:31 am

You think you live in my head? That's too funny and actually kind of sad. Then again, you're a Phillies fan, so you are by nature too funny and kind of sad.
Dance puppet, dance! :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:29 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 am

Dance puppet, dance! :rofl:
GanNoFacts.

But what's the difference. You're their all-time best seller. :rofl:

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

This one might become the new "go to" picture of GanNoFacts/Phillies fans.

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Just because you says someone loses an argument doesn’t mean they did...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As a Padre fan who had Ken Caminiti serving up "Caminiti Cocktails" at house parties consisting of cocaine and steroids, a juiced up Jim Leyritz we got from...wait for it...the Yankees... a roided out Greg Vaughn and Kevin Brown who lost to that Yankees team in the WS, I guarantee that Yankee team was roiding...

...just like every other team in baseball at the time. You can't be serious.