2020 Official Baseball Season Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: 2020 Official Baseball Season Thread

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:48 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:02 am

Yes, the umps sucked and were biased. The TBS announcers knew it. MLB knows it. In fact, reporters I know who cover MLB say that MLB is alarmed with the live Twitter feeds during the games; and that Yankee fans discussed on Twitter, in droves, that they are not watching any more post-season baseball as a protest. Not an idle threat. Ratings for Rays/Astros are awful. Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon, usually the prime-time caboose by a wide amount, are outperforming baseball.This is terrible for MLB and the network, because ad rates are fixed on a high/low basis, with the ultimate amount fixed, after the fact, according to the ratings. Basically, when it comes to making a difference in ratings, we are the biggest fan base in the game, and MLB's only world-wide fan base. We are making MLB pay for screwing us.
Uh, Yankee fans only watch Yankees games. There's a reason why they're not watching the rest of the playoffs - just like every year in the past decade, the Yankees are at home watching others play. You guys are basically the Phillies right now with better ancient history and more recent history of performance-enhancing drug abuse. But please, continue to post, it's fantastic entertainment. :thumb:
Actually, MLB has figures that show the Yankee fan base is THE No. 1 most loyal general watching baseball demographic which exists. Yankee fans are actually well aware of this fact. We are passionate about our team; but also about baseball in general. The Twitter calls for Yankees' fans to turn off MLB have gotten MLB's attention, and I know that as a fact.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:40 am

Uh, Yankee fans only watch Yankees games. There's a reason why they're not watching the rest of the playoffs - just like every year in the past decade, the Yankees are at home watching others play. You guys are basically the Phillies right now with better ancient history and more recent history of performance-enhancing drug abuse. But please, continue to post, it's fantastic entertainment. :thumb:
Actually, MLB has figures that show the Yankee fan base is THE No. 1 most loyal general watching baseball demographic which exists. Yankee fans are actually well aware of this fact. We are passionate about our team; but also about baseball in general. The Twitter calls for Yankees' fans to turn off MLB have gotten MLB's attention, and I know that as a fact.

Okay JSO, er, I mean JJ. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Well I'm watching. The ALCS that is. Very little of the NLCS because, well, it's the NL.
Big game for the ALCS today. If Houston wins game 6, they will win game 7 too. So this is like a game 7 today, IMO.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Actually, MLB has figures that show the Yankee fan base is THE No. 1 most loyal general watching baseball demographic which exists. Yankee Karens are actually well aware of this fact. We are passionate about our team; but also about baseball in general. The Twitter calls for Yankee Karens to turn off MLB have gotten MLB's attention, and I know that as a fact.
FYP :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:16 am Does Altuve have the yips?
That little SOB is a tremendous pain in the ass at the plate, though. I cringe ever time he steps in the box (kind of like when Stanton came up for the Yanks, but don't tell Joe).
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Actually, MLB has figures that show the Yankee fan base is THE No. 1 most loyal general watching baseball demographic which exists. Yankee Karens are actually well aware of this fact. We are passionate about our team; but also about baseball in general. The Twitter calls for Yankee Karens to turn off MLB have gotten MLB's attention, and I know that as a fact.
FYP :D
This is so sad that it doesn't merit much comment, other than you are off your game old man. :ohno:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:53 am

Okay JSO, er, I mean JJ. :rofl:

I know watching baseball because you're actually a fan of the game must be a strange concept to a Philly sports fan.

When you're only there to boo and complain, who cares after the Phillies are eliminated? :coffee:

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

These playoffs have been fun! Two 7 game LCS.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

If the Braves would have won, I would not have a rooting interest in the World Series. Now that the Dodgers are in........................Go Rays. :nod:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

American League all the way.
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

It would be cool if the Rays took down the Richie Rich from both leagues.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm It would be cool if the Rays took down the Richie Rich from both leagues.

Go Rays!
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm It would be cool if the Rays took down the Richie Rich from both leagues.

Rays win the series and Bucs win the Super Bowl.
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Gil Dobie wrote:

Rays win the series and Bucs win the Super Bowl.
That would be a three spot for Tampa. This town would lose its mind.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:nod:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Is Joe still crying about the umpires?
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Rays and Dodgers combined for 238 pitches through the first 5 innings last night.
That's what happens when the ball is so lively and pitchers are afraid to groove a pitch.
Yet baseball is trying to figure out how to speed up the game. :ohno:

Fire Manfred!!!!!!!
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:59 pm Is Joe still crying about the umpires?
Not crying. Just participating in the most successful word-of-mouth, Twitter-led boycott of all times. Manfred is said to be alarmed about how baseball's most reliable fan base is striking back over the poor, biased umping in the ALDS.

Game #1 of the World Series was the least watched World Series game of all time. :thumb:

MLB is aware that its most loyal fan base, which has always been the eyeballs they count on the most -- whether their team is on or not -- has turned off their TVs. CB Buckner has cost the sport tens of millions of dollars.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:27 am
Not crying. Just participating in the most successful word-of-mouth, Twitter-led boycott of all times. Manfred is said to be alarmed about how baseball's most reliable fan base is striking back over the poor, biased umping in the ALDS.

Game #1 of the World Series was the least watched World Series game of all time. :thumb:

MLB is aware that its most loyal fan base, which has always been the eyeballs they count on the most -- whether their team is on or not -- has turned off their TVs. CB Buckner has cost the sport tens of millions of dollars.
In summary, yes.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

JoltinJoe wrote:

Is this Twitter club boycotting all of the other sports as well? You really are delusional.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:49 am
JoltinJoe wrote:

Is this Twitter club boycotting all of the other sports as well? You really are delusional.

Don't even get the Yankee fanbase started on the NHL - man, they must really hate hockey. :rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:27 am the poor, biased umping in the ALDS.
First I've heard of it.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:49 am
JoltinJoe wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Except the baseball playoff ratings were 10% UP in 2020 through the Division Series over the past two seasons.

And then the baseball ratings cratered.

Don't let the facts get in the way. Go right ahead. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:17 am
SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:49 am Is this Twitter club boycotting all of the other sports as well? You really are delusional.

Except the baseball playoff ratings were 10% UP in 2020 through the Division Series over the past two seasons.

People jumping on the Padres bandwagon, stop trying to steal their thunder. :rofl: And all the extra playoff teams this year made for more viewing interests nationwide. Go back to your Twitter-bubble and work on the design for robot umpires. :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:43 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:17 am

People jumping on the Padres bandwagon, stop trying to steal their thunder. :rofl: And all the extra playoff teams this year made for more viewing interests nationwide. Go back to your Twitter-bubble and work on the design for robot umpires. :rofl:
OOOOOOOOkay. :lol: :lol: