NFL TOP 100

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

NFL TOP 100

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: NFL TOP 100

Post by Gil Dobie »

They were correct, could have stopped a Jim Brown and said the all time list of 1.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:They were correct, could have stopped a Jim Brown and said the all time list of 1.
Gil.Dobie Who would be your TOP 10 LIST OF QB'S????
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:They were correct, could have stopped a Jim Brown and said the all time list of 1.
Gil.Dobie Who would be your TOP 10 LIST OF QB'S????
In alphabetical order
Slingin Sammy Baugh
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Otto Graham
Joe Montana
Warren Moon
Aaron Rodgers
Johnny Unitas

Next 5
John Elway
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Francis Tarkenton
Russell Wilson
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I'm in the minority - I never could understand the love for Brett Favre. Not sure how he gets into the top 10 of all-time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:I'm in the minority - I never could understand the love for Brett Favre. Not sure how he gets into the top 10 of all-time.
He has won as many MVP's as Brady, been to 2 Super Bowls and 5 NFC Championship Games, under 3 different coaches. The Mannnings, Brees and Brady's were breaking his records. I've been to a dozen Packers games when he was playing. Rarely were you ever out of a game with him at QB. He was just a natural gunslinger, shoot from the hip. Take you to the top of the world or break your heart.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I'm in the minority - I never could understand the love for Brett Favre. Not sure how he gets into the top 10 of all-time.
He has won as many MVP's as Brady, been to 2 Super Bowls and 5 NFC Championship Games, under 3 different coaches. The Mannnings, Brees and Brady's were breaking his records. I've been to a dozen Packers games when he was playing. Rarely were you ever out of a game with him at QB. He was just a natural gunslinger, shoot from the hip. Take you to the top of the world or break your heart.
Frankly, I think his numbers were good at the early part of the year and he coasted from there on out. He got to the Super Bowl twice early in his career and those Packers teams were stacked on both sides of the ball, and despite that they still lost to an Elway Broncos team in the second Super Bowl. He was a turnover machine, especially later in his career, and they had some notable playoff upsets, including at Lambeau, later on as well. And on top of that, I'm not sure he was ever really the best QB in the game at the time. I think Elway and Manning both were better at various times, and then others came along as well. I think people calling him a "gunslinger" was just a pretty way to cover over some real bad decisions that would frequently pop up. And of course QB's after him were breaking his records, but that was also just because he came along right at the start of the period when rule changes started to really favor the passing game more and more. Guys are breaking his records simply because they're better QB's.

Favre being a nice guy and a little goofy and slinging the ball all over the place cover over that he wasn't really a top 10 QB of all time. Real good QB, but he gets far more praise than he should.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Frankly, I think his numbers were good at the early part of the year and he coasted from there on out. He got to the Super Bowl twice early in his career and those Packers teams were stacked on both sides of the ball, and despite that they still lost to an Elway Broncos team in the second Super Bowl. He was a turnover machine, especially later in his career, and they had some notable playoff upsets, including at Lambeau, later on as well. And on top of that, I'm not sure he was ever really the best QB in the game at the time. I think Elway and Manning both were better at various times, and then others came along as well. I think people calling him a "gunslinger" was just a pretty way to cover over some real bad decisions that would frequently pop up. And of course QB's after him were breaking his records, but that was also just because he came along right at the start of the period when rule changes started to really favor the passing game more and more. Guys are breaking his records simply because they're better QB's.

Favre being a nice guy and a little goofy and slinging the ball all over the place cover over that he wasn't really a top 10 QB of all time. Real good QB, but he gets far more praise than he should.
This is ^ accurate...
If you were to remove these 3 seasons from his career 1995 / 1997 / 2009
he'd be on nobody's list except for most interceptions

He was the best QB in the league twice
and top 5 in the league 3 times in his 20 year career

:nod:

Farve played for 20 years when nobody played that long
in the end Ryan Fitzpatrick will out perform Farve (per season avg.)
in almost every category - except interceptions
NOBODY will catch Farve in INTERCEPTIONS (Nobody)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

He came in the league 8 years after Elway and Marino and was breaking their records. Manning came in 6 years after Favre, and broke his records. Favre, like Rodgers made receivers great. I'm not sure the Packers were that stacked, they had Reggie White rushing the other teams QB, after he retired 1998, they didn't have a great defense until Charles Woodson was signed. In the Super Bowl against the Broncos, Elway was 12 for 22, 123 yds, 0 TD's, 1 int and a 51.9 passer rating. Favre was 25 of 42, for 256 yds, 3 TD's 1 int and a 91 passer rating. Elway had a HOF running back in Terrel Davis, 157 yds, 3 TD's, Favre had Levins who had a decent game with 90 yards. Denver had better receivers with Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe and Rod Smith if needed. Favre had Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks and Mark Chmura. Farve did throw the INT towards the end of the game, but he kept them in the game too.

A lot of the upsets were against teams that killed the Packers defense, Michael Vick for example. Packers only had a top 10 defense from 93-97, 2000 and 2007 during Favre's era. Less than half his career and worse towards the end.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

You have some good ones there, Gil. IMO, though, you're missing Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, and Danny White....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote:You have some good ones there, Gil. IMO, though, you're missing Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, and Danny White....
Thought about Bradshaw, Waterfield and Van Brocklin. Must have been a decent list, just had a couple Favre haters voice their opinion without putting up their own list. At least you brought some good alternatives.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Brett Favre rankings by others.

Bleacher 5
NFL.com 12
Mens Journal 9
Ranker 4
USA Today 4
Delite.com 8
Sportskeeda 4
Clutchpoints 6
Chris Simms 7
Mike Florio 5
NFL 100 1 of 8
SI 8
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Should also consider Namath, Le Baron, Layne, Herber, Isbell, Rote, Parilli, Starr, Hadl, Grogan, Kapp, Todd, Ferguson, Flutie, Luckman, Lujack, Blanda, Douglass, Gabriel, A. Manning, Dawson, De Berg, Albert, Tittle, Morrall, Brodie, Griese, Zorn, Bartkowski, Ferragamo, Warner, D. Williams, Jurgensen, Theismann, P. Simms, Conerly, Kelly, and Hart.

To expand outside the NFL, one might consider Dickenson, B. L. Mitchell, and Ricky Ray....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Elway getting in and not Brees is stupid.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote:Should also consider Namath, Le Baron, Layne, Herber, Isbell, Rote, Parilli, Starr, Hadl, Grogan, Kapp, Todd, Ferguson, Flutie, Luckman, Lujack, Blanda, Douglass, Gabriel, A. Manning, Dawson, De Berg, Albert, Tittle, Morrall, Brodie, Griese, Zorn, Bartkowski, Ferragamo, Warner, D. Williams, Jurgensen, Theismann, P. Simms, Conerly, Kelly, and Hart.

To expand outside the NFL, one might consider Dickenson, B. L. Mitchell, and Ricky Ray....
Who would be your top 10 SH?

Also from the CFL Matt Dunnigan, Damon Allen, Tracy Ham & Dieter Brock
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

This is ^ accurate...

I dunno, if Jameis Winston can hold on for a few more years he might be able to catch Favre for INT's. Heck, when you think of it, Winston is basically a black Brett Favre. Interesting racial comparison there. The white QB who throws tons of INT's gets called a "gunslinger" while the black QB who does the same gets called incompetent. I'm feeling woke. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
This is ^ accurate...

I dunno, if Jameis Winston can hold on for a few more years he might be able to catch Favre for INT's. Heck, when you think of it, Winston is basically a black Brett Favre. Interesting racial comparison there. The white QB who throws tons of INT's gets called a "gunslinger" while the black QB who does the same gets called incompetent. I'm feeling woke. :coffee:
Winston is 35 INT's ahead of Favre at the same age, but he is also 71 TD's ahead at the same age. You are acting like a Race Baiting Donk. Comparing a QB with 5 full years of experience to one with 19 years of experience. Warren Moon is more comparable and he's on my list too. Moon lead the league in INT's a few times. You can do what you want with lies, I mean stats, just like politicians. Appears a majority of people think he's worth being a top 10 all-time QB.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I gotta get my eyes checked again, Gil. I thought you were calling GF Doink. Remember him?

:rofl:

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

1. D. White
2. Plunkett
3. Flutie
4. Waterfield
5. Starr
6. Bradshaw
7. Brees
8. Van Brocklin
9. Graham
10. A. Manning

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote:1. D. White
2. Plunkett
3. Flutie
4. Waterfield
5. Starr
6. Bradshaw
7. Brees
8. Van Brocklin
9. Graham
10. A. Manning
All good QB's
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

When Doug Williams was in Tampa in the late '70s ppl were very critical of him as a thrower but John Elway was never criticized for his mistakes when it came to throwing.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Winston is 35 INT's ahead of Favre at the same age, but he is also 71 TD's ahead at the same age. You are acting like a Race Baiting Donk. Comparing a QB with 5 full years of experience to one with 19 years of experience. Warren Moon is more comparable and he's on my list too. Moon lead the league in INT's a few times. You can do what you want with lies, I mean stats, just like politicians. Appears a majority of people think he's worth being a top 10 all-time QB.
Winston threw for a LEAGUE HIGH 5,109 YDS he and Eli Manning are the only QBs who had lead the league in TD passes and Interceptions in the same season.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote:When Doug Williams was in Tampa in the late '70s ppl were very critical of him as a thrower but John Elway was never criticized for his mistakes when it came to throwing.
Of course Elway was criticized. People constantly said he'd never win a big one because he was too reckless and turned it over too much in big games. Both he and Williams found the critics less of an issue once they both won Super Bowls later in their careers.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dal4018 wrote:When Doug Williams was in Tampa in the late '70s ppl were very critical of him as a thrower but John Elway was never criticized for his mistakes when it came to throwing.
Doug Williams' best year in Tampa in the 70's was a 10-6 campaign that saw him throw 24 INT's and 18 TD's, 41.8 completion percentage.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

It's because white people are the devil.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-