Super Bowl LIV - 49ers vs. Chiefs

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who wins Super Bowl LIV?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:39 pm

San Francisco 49ers
33%
Kansas City Chiefs
67%

Total votes: 24

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Super Bowl LIV - 49ers vs. Chiefs

Post by SDHornet »

Entertaining game. 9ers choked big time. I think they blew it when they ate the ball at the end of the 1st half with all 3 TOs and some momentum. That offensive PI was the right call.

Then they blew it on the drive up 20-17. Needed to do anything but go 3 and out there. It was ball game once they punted and everyone knew it.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote:
Only two kinds of men wouldn't like Shakira's show: a dead man or a homosexual.

Which one are you?

Dude, the gays LOVE Shakira and J-Lo
:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

Which one are you?
In the same way that I do? ;)

Alright, CG must be dead then. I guest that's what living in St. Louis does to you. Flaggy, get out while you still can!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
In the same way that I do? ;)

Alright, CG must be dead then. I guest that's what living in St. Louis does to you. Flaggy, get out while you still can!

Not in THAT way.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote:Content wise it was a decent show. Shakira did bit too much lip syncing but I won't complain about the rest of her act. :D

Still think the best SuperBowl half time show was "The Who" in 2010. :nod:
I wasn't watching those lips. So you couldn't prove that by me.

:coffee: :coffee: :shock:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Winterborn wrote:Content wise it was a decent show. Shakira did bit too much lip syncing but I won't complain about the rest of her act. :D

Its not lip syncing that you are seeing on the broadcast.

Sure her mouth is moving differently than the audio but that is because of the production and the way the audio and video signals are being processed throughout the production equipment. Audio always beats video looking at it live. It is a sync problem but not from the singer its the production

You are dealing with propagation rates through wireless devices, stadium equipment and FOX production equipment. Audio is encoded and decoded many times faster than video due to the mass amounts of data from 4k cameras.

The same way its incredibly hard to get audio in stadiums to sound good with out "echo". sound coming out of one speaker at one location will sound different the closer or farther you are from the sound propagation in open air. That is why many stadiums have gone to hundreds and hundreds of speakers located all over the stadium and each on is individually processed by adding more or less time to the signal running through various lengths of cable to each speaker.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

Sure her mouth is moving differently than the audio but that is because of the production and the way the audio and video signals are being processed throughout the production equipment. Audio always beats video looking at it live. It is a sync problem but not from the singer its the production

You are dealing with propagation rates through wireless devices, stadium equipment and FOX production equipment. Audio is encoded and decoded many times faster than video due to the mass amounts of data from 4k cameras.

The same way its incredibly hard to get audio in stadiums to sound good with out "echo". sound coming out of one speaker at one location will sound different the closer or farther you are from the sound propagation in open air. That is why many stadiums have gone to hundreds and hundreds of speakers located all over the stadium and each on is individually processed by adding more or less time to the signal running through various lengths of cable to each speaker.
Add in the fact they were lip syncing and it gets even more difficult. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

Nerd alert!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

I have dealt with data propagation rates before in some of our testing but figured that with the budget that the stadiums and Superbowl are operating from that it would not be that noticeable live.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Winterborn wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

I have dealt with data propagation rates before in some of our testing but figured that with the budget that the stadiums and Superbowl are operating from that it would not be that noticeable live.
You can only fix it one way, sync everything up (audio & video) before you stream it to uplink and delay the entire broadcast, when you are doing that live with wireless mics and cameras no matter what you do to the production switchers something is going to be off.

Throw in the fact that most of the people doing the broadcast dont care or are not even capable of fixing the problem, then you get what you see at every live event

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Talk about the devolution of a thread.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote:

Which one are you?
You can call me what you want, I watched a couple minutes and got up and did something more exciting, washed the dishes. If I want to watch a woman dance like that, the King of Diamonds Gentlemens Club is 15 minutes away. I enjoyed Gloria Estafan more in 1992, when i was at the game. First Latinino headliner for a half-time show.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Winterborn wrote:

You can only fix it one way, sync everything up (audio & video) before you stream it to uplink and delay the entire broadcast, when you are doing that live with wireless mics and cameras no matter what you do to the production switchers something is going to be off.

Throw in the fact that most of the people doing the broadcast dont care or are not even capable of fixing the problem, then you get what you see at every live event
Do you honestly think they weren't lip synching? Come on, man, they didn't sound out of breath once - perfect audio the whole time. That was classic lip sync.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

You mean that that cr@p halftime show was straight out of Milli Vanilli?

SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

phpBB [video]
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:36 pm You mean that that cr@p halftime show was straight out of Milli Vanilli?

SMH....
It was the best since Lady Gaga. :coffee:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Vidav wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:28 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:36 pm You mean that that cr@p halftime show was straight out of Milli Vanilli?

SMH....
It was the best since Lady Gaga. :coffee:
And it'll be the best ever once the NFL gets with it and brings in Amy Grant. I'm sick of even the threat of the kinda-sorta-on-purpose wardrobe malfunction....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Vidav wrote:
phpBB [video]
That was enjoyable. Mahomes is a funny dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Bump ... Chiefs are still the Champions!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

It sucks that the I-AA/FCS guy missed the TD pass opportunity late.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came