2020 NBA Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 NBA Season

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:44 pm Blazers 100, Lakers 93.

Welcome to the Western Conference playoffs, LeBron. You can't coast in here like you did back East. :lol:
Uh, last time Lebron played in the playoffs was in the Eastern conference in the 2017-18 season. In the 3 series he played, again in the Eastern conference, 2 of those 3 series went the whole way to a 7th game (against Indiana and against Boston) where Cleveland finally pulled out those to win 4 games to 3. How is that "coasting"? Second question, do you even watch basketball? Asking for a friend. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Btw, the Sixers are doing all they can to leave the NBA bubble as fast as possible. Never saw a team play as little defense as they are now doing. Gotta give a lot of credit to Ben Simmons, he was apparently doing all the heavy lifting defensively for this team prior to him getting hurt. On the bright side, Brett Brown has won his last game as a Sixers head coach, look for him to be on the Spurs bench next year as an assistant coach to Pop.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 am
JALMOND wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:44 pm Blazers 100, Lakers 93.

Welcome to the Western Conference playoffs, LeBron. You can't coast in here like you did back East. :lol:
Uh, last time Lebron played in the playoffs was in the Eastern conference in the 2017-18 season. In the 3 series he played, again in the Eastern conference, 2 of those 3 series went the whole way to a 7th game (against Indiana and against Boston) where Cleveland finally pulled out those to win 4 games to 3. How is that "coasting"? Second question, do you even watch basketball? Asking for a friend. :rofl:
You certainly spend a lot of time on the floor. :lol:

First round Game 1 's in the Eastern Conference, LeBron was 12-1. In the West, he is now 0-1. His first year in the West, he couldn't even make the playoffs, but that was expected. With all the star power out West, it doesn't work to just say "I'm LeBron James", and people just step aside. The West forces him to have to work at it. We don't kiss his ass out here like you all did.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 am

First round Game 1 's in the Eastern Conference, LeBron was 12-1. In the West, he is now 0-1. His first year in the West, he couldn't even make the playoffs, but that was expected. With all the star power out West, it doesn't work to just say "I'm LeBron James", and people just step aside. The West forces him to have to work at it. We don't kiss his ass out here like you all did.
Now you're just focused on first round Game 1's? Really? Could you be any more cherrypicking with data?

How about answering the question - you said that it was a cakewalk in the East and now it's a hard, next to impossible path in the West. I tell you the last season Lebron was in the East two of the three series went all the way to Game 7's, which from a prior post of mine is a very rare thing for NBA series to go. How is that a cake walk?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Oh, and btw, in the Eastern Conference this year, the #8 seed Magic also won game 1 against the #1 seed Bucks. Does someone need to let the Greek Freak know that he'll have to work at it in the Eastern Conference too?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:37 am Btw, the Sixers are doing all they can to leave the NBA bubble as fast as possible. Never saw a team play as little defense as they are now doing. Gotta give a lot of credit to Ben Simmons, he was apparently doing all the heavy lifting defensively for this team prior to him getting hurt. On the bright side, Brett Brown has won his last game as a Sixers head coach, look for him to be on the Spurs bench next year as an assistant coach to Pop.
I think Brown has one more Philly win in him. I’m thinking Game 4.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:22 am
JALMOND wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 am

Now you're just focused on first round Game 1's? Really? Could you be any more cherrypicking with data?

How about answering the question - you said that it was a cakewalk in the East and now it's a hard, next to impossible path in the West. I tell you the last season Lebron was in the East two of the three series went all the way to Game 7's, which from a prior post of mine is a very rare thing for NBA series to go. How is that a cake walk?
So the Eastern Conference teams want a gold star for taking LeBron's teams to a Game 7? Is that some sort of consolation prize?

When the dust settled, LeBron had waltzed his way through the East and made it to the Finals. And LeBron's record in the Finals (when he had to finally face the Western Conference in the playoffs), 3-5 (three wins, five losses). Remember how many he was going to get in Miami alone?

Curry and Golden State were 3-1 against LeBron in the Finals. The West doesn't need a consolation prize. We'll give it to LeBron.

LeBron does have the best player from the West on his team right now, but he is too headstrong to see that. If he wold accept being second banana to Davis, the Lakers would be unstoppable.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves move up to the number 1 pick in the draft. Early odds are Edwards from GA to be a shooting guard next to Russell.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:20 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:22 am

So the Eastern Conference teams want a gold star for taking LeBron's teams to a Game 7? Is that some sort of consolation prize?

When the dust settled, LeBron had waltzed his way through the East and made it to the Finals. And LeBron's record in the Finals (when he had to finally face the Western Conference in the playoffs), 3-5 (three wins, five losses). Remember how many he was going to get in Miami alone?

Curry and Golden State were 3-1 against LeBron in the Finals. The West doesn't need a consolation prize. We'll give it to LeBron.

LeBron does have the best player from the West on his team right now, but he is too headstrong to see that. If he wold accept being second banana to Davis, the Lakers would be unstoppable.
Uh, it was two Game 7's. Out of a possible three. You're the one saying that he didn't have to work in the East to get to the Finals and you're the one that for some reason was hyper focused on Game 1's of the opening series. All I'm doing is providing actual evidence that you're full of it. That's all.

Hopefully Lillard and company can win another game in this series. I don't have a lot of faith in the Blazers come playoff time.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Game 2, Lakers 111, Blazers 88, in a game that wasn't even that close.

Key injury, Lillard dislocated his left index finger (questionable for Game 3).

Lakers showed the world what happens when LeBron accepts playing second fiddle to Davis.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 am Game 2, Lakers 111, Blazers 88, in a game that wasn't even that close.

Lakers showed the world what happens when LeBron accepts playing second fiddle to Davis.
Wait, I thought it was supposed to be a grind? :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:25 am
JALMOND wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Uh, it was two Game 7's. Out of a possible three. You're the one saying that he didn't have to work in the East to get to the Finals and you're the one that for some reason was hyper focused on Game 1's of the opening series. All I'm doing is providing actual evidence that you're full of it. That's all.

Hopefully Lillard and company can win another game in this series. I don't have a lot of faith in the Blazers come playoff time.
So Lebron had to go the distance against a 5 seed that would have been an 8 seed in the West with their record?

The Blazers are the little engine that could. They're a small market team that tries to make up for a talent shortfall with gutsy play, leadership & chemistry.

Dame is the anti-Lebron ... Damian Lillard out to show LeBron James, Lakers that 'running from the grind' is for chumps, not champs
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:02 am
JALMOND wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 am Game 2, Lakers 111, Blazers 88, in a game that wasn't even that close.

Well...it is now a best of 5 series on a neutral court. :nod:

You really should get up off the floor. You're creating a scene. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:39 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:02 am

Well...it is now a best of 5 series on a neutral court. :nod:

You really should get up off the floor. You're creating a scene. :lol:
If you would only stop saying silly things then I would. :nod:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves have 3 of the first 33 picks, Philadelphia's process has setup the 76ers for 5 picks in the next draft.

Teams with more than two picks:
Philadelphia 76ers (5): 21, 34, 36, 49, 58
Sacramento Kings (4): 12, 35, 43, 52
New Orleans Pelicans (4): 13, 39, 42, 60
Boston Celtics (4): 14, 26, 30, 47
Minnesota Timberwolves (3): 1, 17, 33
Golden State Warriors (3): 2, 48, 51
Charlotte Hornets (3): 3, 32, 56
New York Knicks (3): 8, 27, 38
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm Timberwolves have 3 of the first 33 picks, Philadelphia's process has setup the 76ers for 5 picks in the next draft.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Sixers make a big play in the offseason - either trading Embiid or Simmons (I think I'd keep Simmons - I'm worried about Embiid and his maturity and Embiid has always been the one more worrisome of a chronic injury given what he had coming out of college - ironic as Simmons has been hurt this year). Some rumblings that the #2 pick for the Warriors could be in play - they don't really need to be picking a young kid given what they have coming back next year when players come back from injuries.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:35 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm Timberwolves have 3 of the first 33 picks, Philadelphia's process has setup the 76ers for 5 picks in the next draft.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Sixers make a big play in the offseason - either trading Embiid or Simmons (I think I'd keep Simmons - I'm worried about Embiid and his maturity and Embiid has always been the one more worrisome of a chronic injury given what he had coming out of college - ironic as Simmons has been hurt this year). Some rumblings that the #2 pick for the Warriors could be in play - they don't really need to be picking a young kid given what they have coming back next year when players come back from injuries.
Rumor is that McCollum for Harris has been on the table for awhile, just not spoken very loudly out here. Olshey keeps saying McCollum is untouchable and probably will keep saying that right up to when he is traded.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

The Sixers now down 3-0. Lost 102-94. Competitive until the last few minutes, but a loss is a loss.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

New rumor is the Wolves should trade the #1 pick in a package for Simmons, because he's friends with Russell and Towns.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I still trust the process. :coffee:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:49 pm I still trust the process. :coffee:
So do Brett Brown and Elton Brand.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm
93henfan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:49 pm I still trust the process. :coffee:
Wonder who picks up Brown next year?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:33 pm New rumor is the Wolves should trade the #1 pick in a package for Simmons, because he's friends with Russell and Towns.
Sixers should throw in Embiid with Simmons.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:14 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm

Wonder who picks up Brown next year?
I heard he might ride sidecar for Gregg “America is a racist country” Popovich.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

So.... That process..... It's.... Uh.... Still trusting it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk