NFL 2020 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: NFL 2020 Season

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wentz goes to a playoff team with an O-Line and a coach he is familiar with.

The Eagles have agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Colts, according to Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com (on Twitter). The deal will send a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick to Philadelphia. That conditional choice could turn into a first-round selection if Wentz plays 75% of the snaps or 70% with a playoff appearance
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:41 am Wentz goes to a playoff team with an O-Line and a coach he is familiar with.

The Eagles have agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Colts, according to Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com (on Twitter). The deal will send a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick to Philadelphia. That conditional choice could turn into a first-round selection if Wentz plays 75% of the snaps or 70% with a playoff appearance
And at least so far a locker-room that doesn't dislike him yet. Hopefully he learned how to be a professional and can show that in Indy. I'm rooting for the 75% of snaps so the Eagles get the first round pick (which I'm sure they'll blow, but Howie can get lucky so we just need enough draft picks so he can get lucky once).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:50 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:41 am Wentz goes to a playoff team with an O-Line and a coach he is familiar with.

And at least so far a locker-room that doesn't dislike him yet. Hopefully he learned how to be a professional and can show that in Indy. I'm rooting for the 75% of snaps so the Eagles get the first round pick (which I'm sure they'll blow, but Howie can get lucky so we just need enough draft picks so he can get lucky once).
Several players said the locker room article, from anonymous sources, was not true. But the press was not treating Wentz badly.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wentz going with new number in Indy.

NFL.com

New team. New city. New number for Carson Wentz.

The quarterback wore No. 11 for his five seasons in Philadelphia after donning it during his college days at North Dakota State. Heading to Indianapolis following last week's trade, Wentz apparently won't be prying the number away from the man already sporting the Colts' 11.

Joining NFL Network's Good Morning Football on Monday, receiver Michael Pittman Jr. said he told Wentz he planned to keep No. 11.

"He actually texted me about two hours after the news broke, and he just asked me how I felt about it, and I told him that I was gonna stay, and he said that that was cool and that he would switch numbers, and it was that easy," Pittman said. "I mean, he was a chill guy about it, so that was awesome."

The second-year wideout was matter-of-fact about retaining the number. Usually, a higher-profile player can buy a number from a younger teammate but, as Pittman told TMZ, "I don't think there's any deal that is gonna be done."

Wentz's apparent acquiescing underscores that the QB is ready for a fresh start on all levels.

Pittman had a strong rookie campaign sporting No. 11. He compiled 503 yards and a TD in 13 games, including eight starts. With strong run-after-catch skills and solid route-running, the young wideout is primed for a Year 2 leap in Indy.