NHL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: NHL 2021 Season

Post by 89Hen »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:28 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:21 pm

:suspicious: Oh look, the Penguins must be on top of the standings if Baldy is making an appearance.

Who other than Ryan Reaves has ever beaten Wilson in a fight? Reaves is a 5-6 goal per year guy whose only job is to fight.
Dalton Prout
Matt Martin
Brendan Lemieux X2 (at least)
Chris Stewart - the guy who busted his face open in the pic I posted
Erik Gubrandson
Ross Johnston
Chara

Just to name a few.

Please note that I could have been a real ass and rubbed in Washington's abysmal 2-6 record versus the Pens this season, but I didn't. :loser:
:lol: Glad you're not a boxing judge in Vegas

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:01 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:51 pm

Admitting what?
That you're like BDK defending Trump. :coffee:
:lol: I was talking about your first point.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:01 pm
That you're like BDK defending Trump. :coffee:
:lol: I was talking about your first point.
I can interpret your response however I choose ... :-P
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:28 pm
Dalton Prout
Matt Martin
Brendan Lemieux X2 (at least)
Chris Stewart - the guy who busted his face open in the pic I posted
Erik Gubrandson
Ross Johnston
Chara

Just to name a few.

Please note that I could have been a real ass and rubbed in Washington's abysmal 2-6 record versus the Pens this season, but I didn't. :loser:
:lol: Glad you're not a boxing judge in Vegas
It's funny that you think he won any of those fights. :lol:

You probably think he won this one

or this one too. :rofl:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 pm You probably think he won this one

Looks like a draw and a win. You're funny.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Caps take care of the puny challenge by the Rangers last night. Can you imagine the Pens trying to do that? :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:52 am
Baldy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 pm You probably think he won this one

So he's not a thug but he's also a pretty good thug who can hold his own against other thugs?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:50 am
89Hen wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:52 am

So he's not a thug but he's also a pretty good thug who can hold his own against other thugs?
There are thugs that don't fight. There are fighters that aren't thugs. Somebody whose only job is to antagonize and fight is generally a thug (Reaves). Then you have guys that score 20+ goals, have serious hockey skills, are your go to on the PK, but who can also hit and fight (Wilson). There really are few guys like Wilson who have all of the above attributes. Best example is Brady Tkachuk. He leads the league in fighting majors this year. He also has 17 goals and 18 assists. His numbers would be even better if he weren't on Ottawa.

Player: Fights - Goals
Brady Tkachuk: 7 - 17
Austin Watson: 6 -3
Nicolas Deslauriers: 5 - 5
Brenden Dillon: 5 - 2
Marcus Foligno: 5 -10
John Hayden: 5 - 2
Zack MacEwen: 5 - 1
Brendan Smith: 5 - 5
Tom Wilson: 4 - 13 (don't forget he missed several games for a crappy suspension)

I'm here to help you learn the game 88. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:50 am
There are thugs that don't fight. There are fighters that aren't thugs. Somebody whose only job is to antagonize and fight is generally a thug (Reaves). Then you have guys that score 20+ goals, have serious hockey skills, are your go to on the PK, but who can also hit and fight (Wilson). There really are few guys like Wilson who have all of the above attributes. Best example is Brady Tkachuk. He leads the league in fighting majors this year. He also has 17 goals and 18 assists. His numbers would be even better if he weren't on Ottawa.

Tom Wilson: 4 - 13 (don't forget he missed several games for a crappy suspension)

If Wilson isn't a thug, what is he? He isn't a fighter. Fighters don't cheapshot opponents who are facedown on the ice in the back of the head (helmet or not). Fighters also don't throw helmetless players to ice.

So he's talented. Albert Haynesworth was a talented football player but that didn't change the fact that he was also a thug. Wilson is a hockey version of Haynesworth, Ndamukong Suh or Vontaze Burfict.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:53 am Caps take care of the puny challenge by the Rangers last night. Can you imagine the Pens trying to do that? :rofl:
As usual, the Pens took care of business against the Caps all season.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:06 pm

If Wilson isn't a thug, what is he? He isn't a fighter. Fighters don't cheapshot opponents who are facedown on the ice in the back of the head (helmet or not). Fighters also don't throw helmetless players to ice.

So he's talented. Albert Haynesworth was a talented football player but that didn't change the fact that he was also a thug. Wilson is a hockey version of Haynesworth, Ndamukong Suh or Vontaze Burfict.
Meh, your bait has grown tiresome. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Heck, Wilson is lucky the guy he pulled the hair and then body slammed to the ice wasn't seriously injured - that's the kind of stuff that crosses the line from sports and enters the realm of law enforcement. It wouldn't have been unheard of to be arrested for his actions (not the cheapshot to the back of the guys head on the ice, that's just a cheap sucker punch but totally within the scope of the game). Lucky for him they aren't playing in Canada this year, because they do arrest players for that kind of crossing the line.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

:lol: Stick to soccer.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am

Translation: I've got nothing.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 am
89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am
No. It means your bait has grown tiresome.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:09 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 am
Your NHL thread had 20 posts in almost 4 months. I posted a video of that thug and there are 46 posts in 3 days. My tiresome bait has sparked a lot of discussion.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:12 am
89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:09 am

Your NHL thread had 20 posts in almost 4 months. I posted a video of that thug and there are 46 posts in 3 days. My tiresome bait has sparked a lot of discussion.
This is small time compared to the social media dust up over this. I'm on probably a dozen threads on this at different places.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:12 am
This is small time compared to the social media dust up over this. I'm on probably a dozen threads on this at different places.
What's the breakdown of pro vs. anti Wilson support for Capitals fans compared to non-Capitals fans?

I know Clinton Yates wasn't happy with Wilson.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 am
89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 am
What's the breakdown of pro vs. anti Wilson support for Capitals fans compared to non-Capitals fans?

The only ones chiming in are Caps fans, Rangers fans and Penguins fans. I'll let you guess how those groups view it. ;)

Wilson was fined $5000 for punch to Buchnevich. No suspension. No major penalty. Rangers got a much bigger fine for calling out the NHL. Should tell you who is on the right side of this.
“This all comes from poking at the goaltender, after he makes a save,” he said. “If you’ve noticed, and I’m sure you did, and the rest of the people should notice, Tom Wilson never took his gloves off. If you want to hurt somebody, you take your gloves off. If he took his gloves off, it would be a different story.

“And he did not hit (Buchnevich) on the back of the head, he hit him on the shoulders. I’ve watched it in slow motion about five times.

“That’s why (Wilson) made fun of it in the penalty box. He thought it was nothing, because he didn’t try to hurt him.

“You know, when you jump on a guy’s back, I don’t care what’s happening, you’re looking for trouble. You don’t fool around with guys like that. I thought Wilson was pretty good. He didn’t take his gloves off, he didn’t try to really hurt him, because if he wanted to hurt him, he could have hurt him.”

Cherry thought the Rangers embarrassed themselves with their reactions to the incident and the ruling.

He was right.
https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl ... g-the-show

And who the fuck is Clinton Yates?
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:34 pm

The only ones chiming in are Caps fans, Rangers fans and Penguins fans. I'll let you guess how those groups view it. ;)

Wilson was fined $5000 for punch to Buchnevich. No suspension. No major penalty. Rangers got a much bigger fine for calling out the NHL. Should tell you who is on the right side of this.
“This all comes from poking at the goaltender, after he makes a save,” he said. “If you’ve noticed, and I’m sure you did, and the rest of the people should notice, Tom Wilson never took his gloves off. If you want to hurt somebody, you take your gloves off. If he took his gloves off, it would be a different story.

“And he did not hit (Buchnevich) on the back of the head, he hit him on the shoulders. I’ve watched it in slow motion about five times.

“That’s why (Wilson) made fun of it in the penalty box. He thought it was nothing, because he didn’t try to hurt him.

“You know, when you jump on a guy’s back, I don’t care what’s happening, you’re looking for trouble. You don’t fool around with guys like that. I thought Wilson was pretty good. He didn’t take his gloves off, he didn’t try to really hurt him, because if he wanted to hurt him, he could have hurt him.”

Cherry thought the Rangers embarrassed themselves with their reactions to the incident and the ruling.

He was right.

Are you saying that the league is always right?

You know that if you badmouth any of the leagues, they are going to fine you big time.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:34 pm

He was right.

Yates is a columnist for the Undefeated, panelist on Around the Horn and other sports shows and a Capitals fan.

How the heck does that guy know what Wilson was thinking in the box? Is he a telepath? Or did Wilson spin him a story so he wouldn't look like as big of a clown?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:43 pm Yates is a columnist for the Undefeated, panelist on Around the Horn and other sports shows and a Capitals fan.
IMO that I've never heard of him means nobody around here values his opinion on the Caps or hockey.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

tribe_pride wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:39 pm Are you saying that the league is always right?

You know that if you badmouth any of the leagues, they are going to fine you big time.
No, but they do love to suspend Wilson. The easy thing would have been to suspend him, agreed?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Tell me again how bad Wilson is.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:00 pm Tell me again how bad Wilson is.

Tell me again how the Caps are doing in the playoffs. :D