Patriots Screwed!

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Patriots Screwed!

Post by SuperHornet »

Do-everything WR Julian Edelman has retired after failing his physical. This effectively kills recent speculation that Edelman might jump to TB to rejoin Brady and Gronk after the Patriots terminated his contract last week....

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-relea ... 55768.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Patriots Screwed!

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:05 pm Do-everything WR Julian Edelman has retired after failing his physical. This effectively kills recent speculation that Edelman might jump to TB to rejoin Brady and Gronk after the Patriots terminated his contract last week....

I believe there is a financial benefit to him retiring after a failed physical. The Patriots might have been doing him a solid.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:15 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:05 pm Do-everything WR Julian Edelman has retired after failing his physical. This effectively kills recent speculation that Edelman might jump to TB to rejoin Brady and Gronk after the Patriots terminated his contract last week....

I believe there is a financial benefit to him retiring after a failed physical. The Patriots might have been doing him a solid.
Would he get that after being released? I could see it had he retired post-physical, pre-release....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:06 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:15 pm
Would he get that after being released? I could see it had he retired post-physical, pre-release....
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

OK, 88. I could see a CBA preventing a guy from getting screwed. Similar things have happened before, right?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:10 am OK, 88. I could see a CBA preventing a guy from getting screwed. Similar things have happened before, right?
It's the way the Patriots terminated his contract that allows him to access that CBA benefit.