SH Omnibus Sports Megathread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: SH Omnibus Sports Megathread

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:01 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:34 am

I will be tailgating but not going to the game (never got around to getting a ticket).

At $65 a pop, those glasses are a bit expensive, no matter how much I like them. :lol:
I just got an email, that tickets are available. Maybe I'll see you when I'm walking around.
I will be out wandering around and keep an eye out. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 52: THE Ohio State University/Baltimore Dolts QB Art Schlichter Released From Prison

In prison for many things, started on the downward path because of gambling. Former prosecutor tried to fight his release, and is advising people not to engage in any fiduciary transactions with him. A rare throwing QB under former OSU HC Woody Hayes.

Sad....

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-ohio-st ... p_catchall

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 53: It's Not Just Economics...It's Sports, Too

QBs are ditching Cali in droves. Blame it on Newsom or not, it's happening....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/can-anythi ... 45157.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 54: The W25

The WNBA just announced their W25, the 25 best players in the history of the league in celebration of their 25th anniversary this year. I'm rather pleasantly surprised that the one player I would insist be on this list actually IS on the list: Ticha Penicheiro, the best point guard who ever lived, either gender. I'm impressed that the league bothered to include multiple players from the only professional basketball team to ever bring a championship to Sacramento, a team which doesn't even exist anymore because of the short-sightedness of male owners. I'm also happy to see the best coach currently in the NBA on this list, too....

https://www.aol.com/w25-nneka-ogwumike- ... 00418.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 55: Return of Bo Levi Mitchell

The former Eastern Washington QB extraordinaire returns from a broken leg and is expected to lead the Calgary Stampeders to an uptick in offensive production.

https://www.tsn.ca/stampeders-qb-bo-lev ... -1.1691916

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:05 pm Topic 55: Return of Bo Levi Mitchell

The former Eastern Washington QB extraordinaire returns from a broken leg and is expected to lead the Calgary Stampeders to an uptick in offensive production.

So is Levi the first part of his last name or is it a second first name like Bob in Billy Bob or Wayne in Markwayne? :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:41 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:05 pm Topic 55: Return of Bo Levi Mitchell

So is Levi the first part of his last name or is it a second first name like Bob in Billy Bob or Wayne in Markwayne? :D
kalm?

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 56: Wilson's Bonehead Idea

So Russell Wilson came up with perhaps one of the worst ideas in football history last night...well, short of the abominations forced through by Roger Goodell, anyway. He wants to eliminate the possibility of ties during regular season games, so his idea is that when a game ends in a tie, there is one more coin toss, the winner of which has the option to either kick a long FG or have the opponent kick a long FG, with the game on the line. Make it and you win, miss it and you lose. Goodell has completely goofed up overtime, but this is decidedly NOT the solution. There's nothing wrong with a tie. I'd prefer to eliminate regular season overtime altogether and accept the tie. With the advent of the two-point conversion, there won't be all that many anyway, and they create interest later in the season when determining who makes the playoffs. I really like Russell Wilson, but this idea should NEVER see the light of day....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russell-wils ... 35960.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 57: Interesting Perspectives on Tom Brady

1. Per former Patriots OC Charlie Weiss, the Patriots are giving Mac Jones a LOT more responsibility during his first year than they did with Brady in his first year. A potential reason for this is that at the time, the Patriots had a much better defense relative to the rest of the League than they have now, so they could get away with leading Brady along slowly. Now, they think they HAVE to get Jones involved in everything sooner, because they don't have a defense to back them up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ar ... ar-AAOynxz

2. Brady isn't ruling out the possibility of playing until he's 50 years old.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/to ... ar-AAOwL4H

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 58: Hammon's Number Retired

The Las Vegas Aces, nee San Antonio Stars, retired the #25 of Becky Hammon this past week. Technically, they'd already retired it, but someone neglected to hoist it to the rafters in the new arena after the move to Lost Wages. The franchise is celebrating her amazing career all over again as they rectify that oversight.

https://pvtimes.com/sports/aces-to-hono ... le-104673/

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

STOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:14 pm STOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!
Nobody forced you to check into this thread, 89.

:kisswink:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Why don't you STOPPPPPPPPP reading the thread and let Super Horny have his Omnibus thread (instead of a bunch of threads with a small number of replies)!!!!! :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:23 pm
Why don't you STOPPPPPPPPP reading the thread and let Super Horny have his Omnibus thread (instead of a bunch of threads with a small number of replies)!!!!! :coffee:
He's on Topic 58 with 80 posts.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Yes but it's all in one thread instead of 58 threads with an average of 0.379 responses per thread. It doesn't clutter up the board with threads and it's easy to ignore if it bugs you.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Topic 59: Orioles Ground Crew ejected ...

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Yes but it's all in one thread instead of 58 threads with an average of 0.379 responses per thread. It doesn't clutter up the board with threads and it's easy to ignore if it bugs you.
Good point
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:23 pm Topic 59: Orioles Ground Crew ejected ...

I've never even HEARD of that, much less seen it.

:rofl:

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Not officially a "topic" today as I'm about to leave my coffee shop, but I just saw a line in a thread on the FB Rams Fans page that cracked me up. I edited it for typos.

"The best part of waking up is Cooper in your Kupp!"

:rofl:

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Just to mess with youse guys....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 60: Punter Fields and Advances His Own Punt for a Touchdown

I didn't even know this was possible. I saw another one I won't post where the punter caught it, but ran straight into the teeth of the defense....

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I'm hoping Topic 69 is sexy.

Better yet...I hope Topic 69 is in 3 parts. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm

A 3 part 69? Will need :pics:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:46 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm

A 3 part 69? Will need :pics:
Topic 69.1 can be classy. :king:
Topic 69.2 can be sassy :butt:
Topic 69.3 better be nasty :licker: :bj: :bj: :licker: :licker: :licker: :licker: :bananahump: :bananahump: :bananahump: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :shocker: :shocker: :shocker: :shocker: :jack: :jack: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 61: Chapel Hill (NC) HS Free Safety Kicking Shell

The Chapel Hill Tigers are 5-0, 1-0 4A East Conference 30 following a 49-0 whitewashing of East Chapel Hill. A big part of this season-opening run is free safety Brooklyn Harker. She's not riding the bench and getting spot time at the end of the game. No. She's not only starting, she's been a major force in their 5-0 record, and particularly in the last three games, where they've won some serious blowouts. This past week, Harker picked off a pass, broke up another one, and scored two PATs.

Now, THAT's how you play defensive football!