2021 USA Olympic Trials

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: 2021 USA Olympic Trials

Post by Ivytalk »

So Sha’Carri Richardson smokes a little pot and gets suspended for 30 days? What a joke.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:46 am So Sha’Carri Richardson smokes a little pot and gets suspended for 30 days? What a joke.
Yup
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:57 am
Ivytalk wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:46 am So Sha’Carri Richardson smokes a little pot and gets suspended for 30 days? What a joke.
Yup
The hypocrisy of allowing testosterone-laden males to compete in female events, but to kick out someone who smokes a non-performance enhancing drug for stress is comical in its stupidity.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:11 am
dbackjon wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:57 am

Yup
The hypocrisy of allowing testosterone-laden males to compete in female events, but to kick out someone who smokes a non-performance enhancing drug for stress is comical in its stupidity.
If it was taken for stress, wouldn't that be "performance enhancing"?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:11 am The hypocrisy of allowing testosterone-laden males to compete in female events, but to kick out someone who smokes a non-performance enhancing drug for stress is comical in its stupidity.
If it was taken for stress, wouldn't that be "performance enhancing"?
I believe she was stressed because she just heard that her birthing person had died.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

The rules are the rules. Just because one thinks they are dumb (no argument from me there), doesn't mean you don't have to follow them or face the consequences.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:58 pm
The rules are the rules. Just because one thinks they are dumb (no argument from me there), doesn't mean you don't have to follow them or face the consequences.
That was Dominique Dawes' take on it. But as much as I don't like weed, the confusion caused by having its legality determined by where you are (you can get busted for it in a National Park even if you're in Colorado, where I think legalization started) AND the hypocrisy cited by AZ begs the question of fairness. Particularly when one adds in the ban on swim caps that is directly aimed at athletes coming from Africa. The IOC has been engaging in Euro-centric bias for years....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:40 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:58 pm

That was Dominique Dawes' take on it. But as much as I don't like weed, the confusion caused by having its legality determined by where you are (you can get busted for it in a National Park even if you're in Colorado, where I think legalization started) AND the hypocrisy cited by AZ begs the question of fairness. Particularly when one adds in the ban on swim caps that is directly aimed at athletes coming from Africa. The IOC has been engaging in Euro-centric bias for years....
There can be a bit of a claim that being more relaxed/deadened nerves allows one to perform at a higher level but I do not know if that has ever been looked into.

In the meanwhile petition the IOC to have things changed. My suggestion is to donate a few 100's of millions to them and they will start to consider whatever one is petitioning about. IOC is all about the money anyway.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein