NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

NFL 2021 Season

Post by SuperHornet »

Well, not exactly, but the news is coming during preps for the 2021 Season.

The NFL is reversing an old rule banning alternate helmets starting in 2022. Because of this, we could see Tom Brady in the Doug Williams creamsicle Buccaneers helmet, Russell Wilson in the Jim Zorn Seahawks helmet, and Mac Jones in the Steve Grogan Patriots helmet.

No official word on what took the NFL so long. The original rationale was "player safety," but if the alternate helmet were made to the same standards as the primary helmet, then a safety issue doesn't really make sense. No word on why they're making us wait until next year, either. Perhaps just more Roger Goodell stupidity....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady- ... 57958.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by SuperHornet »

Steelers NFI G David DeCastro. A lot of controversy over this. He passed a physical after the playoff game, and apparently hurt an ankle working out prepping for THIS season on his own. An argument COULD be made that the team SHOULD be liable, a la Ja'Wuan James....

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-relea ... 51512.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Aaron Rodgers is back, and Packers are looking to bring back Randall Cobb as part of Rodgers request.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:31 pm Aaron Rodgers is back, and Packers are looking to bring back Randall Cobb as part of Rodgers request.
Per AOL, that's a done deal....

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:31 pm Aaron Rodgers is back, and Packers are looking to bring back Randall Cobb as part of Rodgers request.
https://www.google.com/search?q=picture ... zkjUaZIywM

Cool!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Carson Wentz hasn't changed. Injures his foot in non-contact drills first week of Colts training camp, needs surgery, out 5-12 weeks (might not be back until November). And in further irony, there's discussions whether the Colts pull the trigger and trade for Nick Foles, who has little chance to play for the Bears this year. That would of course push back Wentz's recovery time as we'll need to factor in bruised feelings and all.

Eagles chances of getting the second round pick in the Wentz trade converted to a first round pick look dubious now considering Wentz will likely never hit the 70% of snaps taken that are needed to triggering the shift from second to first round, but I can live with that since at least now we don't need to suffer through another season of a Wentz injury and guessing when he might come back. That's almost priceless.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I'd love to see Pastor Nick go to my Cowboys....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

A great intro to the new season. I can't believe I missed this when it first aired. I might have been deployed at the time, though....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:24 am A great intro to the new season. I can't believe I missed this when it first aired. I might have been deployed at the time, though....

She's forever tainted for wearing a Vikings jersey.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:21 am Carson Wentz hasn't changed. Injures his foot in non-contact drills first week of Colts training camp, needs surgery, out 5-12 weeks (might not be back until November). And in further irony, there's discussions whether the Colts pull the trigger and trade for Nick Foles, who has little chance to play for the Bears this year. That would of course push back Wentz's recovery time as we'll need to factor in bruised feelings and all.

Eagles chances of getting the second round pick in the Wentz trade converted to a first round pick look dubious now considering Wentz will likely never hit the 70% of snaps taken that are needed to triggering the shift from second to first round, but I can live with that since at least now we don't need to suffer through another season of a Wentz injury and guessing when he might come back. That's almost priceless.
Bruised feelings? Wentz might curl up into the fetal position and go catatonic if they sign Big Dick Nick.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:21 am Carson Wentz hasn't changed. Injures his foot in non-contact drills first week of Colts training camp, needs surgery, out 5-12 weeks (might not be back until November). And in further irony, there's discussions whether the Colts pull the trigger and trade for Nick Foles, who has little chance to play for the Bears this year. That would of course push back Wentz's recovery time as we'll need to factor in bruised feelings and all.

Bruised feelings? Wentz might curl up into the fetal position and go catatonic if they sign Big Dick Nick.
That would be incredible to see. I don't wish any ill on Wentz, so I'm not rooting for it, but it would be utterly fascinating to watch unfold.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:07 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am
That would be incredible to see. I don't wish any ill on Wentz, so I'm not rooting for it, but it would be utterly fascinating to watch unfold.
I completely understand. I would like to see Wentz bounce back and have a great season and career but the part of me that is fascinated by car wrecks would love to see a Fole's signing followed by a complete meltdown.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

You're seriously going to talk about a youth pastor like that, 88?

:ohno:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:55 pm You're seriously going to talk about a youth pastor like that, 88?

I think 93 was the first to use that nickname on CS. Just pretend it says BDN Horney.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

That doesn't surprise me in the least, 88. Sometimes, 93 DOES come off as a little on the "young" side, doesn't he?

:rofl:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:36 pm That doesn't surprise me in the least, 88. Sometimes, 93 DOES come off as a little on the "young" side, doesn't he?

:rofl:

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:55 pm You're seriously going to talk about a youth pastor like that, 88?

There have been plenty of youth pastors later arrested for child molestation, rape, etc.

Just because someone claims to be a person of god doesn't make them a good person...
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Eagles need Wentz to play 75% of the snaps this year and their second rounder from the Colts becomes a first rounder. If he plays 75% of the snaps, that would be a really high pick because the Colts will lose a lot of games.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:17 pm Eagles need Wentz to play 75% of the snaps this year and their second rounder from the Colts becomes a first rounder. If he plays 75% of the snaps, that would be a really high pick because the Colts will lose a lot of games.
Looking at the schedule, I would guess 9-8 with Wentz.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Watching a recording of Trey Lance's first action this morning. Couple good plays, looked like a rookie overall.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

LA ready for some football. 1st game with fans in new stadium.

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Even funnier was the video of Tim Tebow’s attempted block.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:44 am Watching a recording of Trey Lance's first action this morning. Couple good plays, looked like a rookie overall.
You obviously didn't see his entire set. This is a view that one would get if they look too closely at the stat line. Some major TEAM issues I saw (and, yes, I realize that it was mostly 3s vs. 3s or 4s vs. 4s):

1. The receivers had a major group case of the dropsies. Many of those incompletions were actually very accurate passes that were dropped.

2. The OL didn't give Lance ANY tome to speak of save on that one bootleg that went for a touchdown. There were at least five sacks, and all of them seemed to be cases where the entire line was screaming, "Look out, Trey!"

3. This may just be a pre-season thing, but there seemed to be a continuation of the theme of the entire Alex Smith era in SF: very little play-calling designed to take advantage of a QB's talents. That bootleg certainly did, though. I'd like to have seen more rolls, boots, and zone reads with Lance, particularly given the OL woes. I don't think ANY QB will stand up very long if the OC insists on a predominantly dropback attack if they don't resolve this issue. If the first string starts looking like the 3s, the more dropback-oriented Garoppolo, as good as he is, may well be giving way to Lance quicker than the coaches intend due to injury, and Lance may well exit in the same fashion if the OC doesn't give him freedom of movement a la Mahomes, Jackson, etc.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:23 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:44 am Watching a recording of Trey Lance's first action this morning. Couple good plays, looked like a rookie overall.
You obviously didn't see his entire set. This is a view that one would get if they look too closely at the stat line. Some major TEAM issues I saw (and, yes, I realize that it was mostly 3s vs. 3s or 4s vs. 4s):

1. The receivers had a major group case of the dropsies. Many of those incompletions were actually very accurate passes that were dropped.

2. The OL didn't give Lance ANY tome to speak of save on that one bootleg that went for a touchdown. There were at least five sacks, and all of them seemed to be cases where the entire line was screaming, "Look out, Trey!"

3. This may just be a pre-season thing, but there seemed to be a continuation of the theme of the entire Alex Smith era in SF: very little play-calling designed to take advantage of a QB's talents. That bootleg certainly did, though. I'd like to have seen more rolls, boots, and zone reads with Lance, particularly given the OL woes. I don't think ANY QB will stand up very long if the OC insists on a predominantly dropback attack if they don't resolve this issue. If the first string starts looking like the 3s, the more dropback-oriented Garoppolo, as good as he is, may well be giving way to Lance quicker than the coaches intend due to injury, and Lance may well exit in the same fashion if the OC doesn't give him freedom of movement a la Mahomes, Jackson, etc.
He had some good plays for sure, and there were 3 obvious dropped passes. Trey did have some issues during the 2-minute drill, nothing that can't be changed. I saw a picture of Jimmy Garofalo cheering on Lance's 80 yard pass for a TD. Sounds like a good teammate. Sacks were a team issue.