NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by SuperHornet »

The Jags just cut Tim Tebow. Watch out for a major outcry from fans who bought Tebow jerseys that are now out of date. The NFL Shop's "jersey assurance" program apparently applies only to trades involving a player, not releases or retirements.

Personally, I think the Jags made a big mistake here. There are plenty of non-blocking TEs out there, and many of them flex out quite a bit. I wonder if they even thought of this. And they're going to scramble to get Tebow back when Lawrence gets hurt or is slow in developing....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:45 am The Jags just cut Tim Tebow. Watch out for a major outcry from fans who bought Tebow jerseys that are now out of date. The NFL Shop's "jersey assurance" program apparently applies only to trades involving a player, not releases or retirements.

Personally, I think the Jags made a big mistake here. There are plenty of non-blocking TEs out there, and many of them flex out quite a bit. I wonder if they even thought of this. And they're going to scramble to get Tebow back when Lawrence gets hurt or is slow in developing....
Tebow clearly isn't an NFL caliber player.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:07 am
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:45 am The Jags just cut Tim Tebow. Watch out for a major outcry from fans who bought Tebow jerseys that are now out of date. The NFL Shop's "jersey assurance" program apparently applies only to trades involving a player, not releases or retirements.

Tell that to Rashard Mendenhall....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:19 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:07 am

Don't need to. Urban Meyer and the Jax offices have already told me so....
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:44 am
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:19 am

Don't need to. Urban Meyer and the Jax offices have already told me so....
If the Jags have a bad year, will their coach be known as Suburban Meyer?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Wow, you really typed this shit? :rofl:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Raiders require proof of vaccine. Negative test won‘t cut it.
https://sports.yahoo.com/las-vegas-raid ... 58658.html

Saints to require proof of vaccine OR negative test, AND masks. And said they won‘t give refunds to season ticket holders who don‘t comply. That ought to make lines at security go real quick.

Rams and Chargers to require masks for OUTDOOR stadiums :suspicious: except when actively eating or drinking (I‘d be actively eating and drinking the whole game).

Guess these teams are going to ask ushers/stadium securiy to be mask NAZIS. That ought to go well.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:57 am Raiders require proof of vaccine. Negative test won‘t cut it.

Saints to require proof of vaccine OR negative test, AND masks. And said they won‘t give refunds to season ticket holders who don‘t comply. That ought to make lines at security go real quick.

Rams and Chargers to require masks for OUTDOOR stadiums :suspicious: except when actively eating or drinking (I‘d be actively eating and drinking the whole game).

Guess these teams are going to ask ushers/stadium securiy to be mask NAZIS. That ought to go well.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:57 am Raiders require proof of vaccine. Negative test won‘t cut it.

Guess these teams are going to ask ushers/stadium security to be mask NAZIS. That ought to go well.
Maybe Biden can send DHS stormtroopers to NFL stadiums to help out.

And what do you have against private enterprises being able to decide what is in the best interest of their businesses?
Last edited by UNI88 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I'm a vaccine mandate guy. I'd be fine with the Eagles saying you need proof of vac before coming into the Linc. No need for masks after that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:51 am

Guess these teams are going to ask ushers/stadium security to be mask NAZIS. That ought to go well.

And what do you have against private enterprises being able to decide what is in the best interest of their businesses?
Private enterprises aren’t mandating this :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:09 pm

I'm a vaccine mandate guy. I'd be fine with the Eagles saying you need proof of vac before coming into the Linc. No need for masks after that.
And why should the Eagles be the only NFL team to mandate this? For those other NFL teams its the local governments mandating the NFL teams do it.

And proof of vaccine doesn’t necessarily mean no useless masks. For the Saints the city of New Orleans is mandating proof of vaccine (or neg test) AND masks.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:00 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:51 am

An NFL team is part of the government?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wanna bet about those masks?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:37 am

Oh, I'm sure there would be a lot of pressure to have masks as well, I'm just not sure I see the need once you know everyone is vaccinated. It's always going to be out there, eradication will never happen, so trust the vaccination will keep the vast majority from getting really sick or dying and move on.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:24 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:00 pm
An NFL team is part of the government?
NFL teams aren’t mandating this. The city/county govts are.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:43 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:37 am

Oh, I'm sure there would be a lot of pressure to have masks as well, I'm just not sure I see the need once you know everyone is vaccinated. It's always going to be out there, eradication will never happen, so trust the vaccination will keep the vast majority from getting really sick or dying and move on.
Oh I couldn’t agree more, and have been saying that for weeks. But the idiots in power don’t see it that way at all.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:42 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:43 am

Oh I couldn’t agree more, and have been saying that for weeks. But the idiots in power don’t see it that way at all.
You should write a strongly worded letter. :kisswink: :kisswink:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Eagles' QB Woes:

Jalen Hurts was carted off to the hospital with a non-COVID illness just after kickoff last night. One analyst thinks the Eagles don't have an adequate backup option, and is floating the idea of a trade with Jacksonville for Gardner Minshew II. I'm not certain Jax is prepared to give him up at this point, as it might be too soon to set Trevor Lawrence out to the wolves. Other analysts think Philly should bring back Pastor Nick or trade for Deshaun Watson. Actually, I could see bringing back Pastor Nick as the starter. I don't think Hurts is NFL-caliber, at least at quarterback, and the Eagles probably don't want the PR nightmare that would come with bringing in Watson. As it stands, the current backups are Joe Flacco (mediocre at best) and Nick Mullens. Also available is Josh Rosen, just released by SF. Another possibility would be Kevin Thomson....

https://www.aol.com/espn-analyst-thinks ... 43226.html

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

The Eagles will suck again this year. The only question is how hard. Six straight preseason quarters without a point. :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:14 am The Eagles will suck again this year. The only question is how hard. Six straight preseason quarters without a point. :ohno:
Eh, 6 of those quarters were with very little to no starters in. I don't think they're winning the Super Bowl (or even making the playoffs) but they're better than what they've shown in some meaningless preseason games so far.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:24 am
Ivytalk wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:14 am The Eagles will suck again this year. The only question is how hard. Six straight preseason quarters without a point. :ohno:
Eh, 6 of those quarters were with very little to no starters in. I don't think they're winning the Super Bowl (or even making the playoffs) but they're better than what they've shown in some meaningless preseason games so far.
“Eh” is a dumb word that makes you sound Canadian. Go back to “heck.”

Five wins tops.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:05 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:24 am

Five wins tops.
Canadians use "Eh" at the end of a sentence not the beginning. :tothehand:

But agree on the "heck" part. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:09 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Five wins tops.

Point taken, WB. I’ll try to remember it next time I’m north of the border.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:11 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Point taken, WB. I’ll try to remember it next time I’m north of the border.
If there is one good thing about living this close to Canada is that I am familiar with Canadian slang. :ohno: :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein