NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:59 am Even as a lifelong Cowboys fan, Mark, I hope you got a decent backup QB. There are tons of questions surrounding Prescott's availability this year. When he's in, he'll likely do very well for you, but his durability is a HUGE issue....
I'm not excited about my back up. I got outbid on my other choices...I have J. Burrow.

Tom Brady will be available tomorrow but he's ranked #4 behind Fitzpartick, Winston and Wentz. I'd pick up Tomb/c he has a stronger Roster and start %...PLUS it'll take him away from the other who may want him.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Cam Newton released by the Pats!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:10 am Cam Newton released by the Pats!
On the one hand, I never thought Newton was an NFL-caliber QB. (I'd rather have Tebow.) But on the other hand, I'm old school, so this idea of throwing Jones to the wolves this early in his career is a HUGE risk. I'd rather have him learn in the #2 spot for three years or so behind an experienced guy. It's quite common for things like a bad OL and a bad defense (not to mention backs who fumble and receivers who have a bad case of the dropsies) to cause a young QB to lose confidence. In such situations, idiot fans who don't know any better will blame the QB for things that are clearly not his fault because "we're paying him bank to win." A combination of those things at the start of one's career can lead one to run and hide. Is it a guarantee that that will happen to Jones? Of course not. But there IS a big risk of it. The Pats should get an NFL-caliber QB (maybe even Grogan) to run the show for a couple of years, and THEN give the reigns to Jones....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:39 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:10 am Cam Newton released by the Pats!
On the one hand, I never thought Newton was an NFL-caliber QB. (I'd rather have Tebow.) But on the other hand, I'm old school, so this idea of throwing Jones to the wolves this early in his career is a HUGE risk. I'd rather have him learn in the #2 spot for three years or so behind an experienced guy. It's quite common for things like a bad OL and a bad defense (not to mention backs who fumble and receivers who have a bad case of the dropsies) to cause a young QB to lose confidence. In such situations, idiot fans who don't know any better will blame the QB for things that are clearly not his fault because "we're paying him bank to win." A combination of those things at the start of one's career can lead one to run and hide. Is it a guarantee that that will happen to Jones? Of course not. But there IS a big risk of it. The Pats should get an NFL-caliber QB (maybe even Grogan) to run the show for a couple of years, and THEN give the reigns to Jones....
:lol: :lol: That's what people seem to not realize...you can be a star in college and a flop in the NFL. Tebow could've had a career if he had some hubris early on and taken to a different position. Cam was always the better QB - go look at the stats.

Edit: The Cowboys are looking at Cam... :coffee:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I just saw that, Mark. As a lifelong Cowboys' fan, I'm NOT happy with that decision. I'd rather sign Warren Moon than take Cam Newton....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Cowboys cut Gilbert and DiNucci. Moving forward (for now, anyway) with Prescott and Rush.

I don't like this at all. Given a starter with the durability (or lack thereof) of Prescott, having only one backup is dubious at best. They'll have to designate an "emergency quarterback," who will probably be a punter (the Raiders famously named HOF punter Ray Guy as their emergency QB, but never actually had to use him in that role.) or a back/receiver who played QB in HS or college. Rumors are also swirling about making a play for Cam Newton, who's just too big and immobile for my taste, and also has a history of badly timed interceptions.

They won't do this, but the best move they can make would be to sign Kevin Thomson....

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 am Cowboys cut Gilbert and DiNucci. Moving forward (for now, anyway) with Prescott and Rush.

I don't like this at all. Given a starter with the durability (or lack thereof) of Prescott, having only one backup is dubious at best. They'll have to designate an "emergency quarterback," who will probably be a punter (the Raiders famously named HOF punter Ray Guy as their emergency QB, but never actually had to use him in that role.) or a back/receiver who played QB in HS or college. Rumors are also swirling about making a play for Cam Newton, who's just too big and immobile for my taste, and also has a history of badly timed interceptions.

They won't do this, but the best move they can make would be to sign Kevin Thomson....
Or bring back Danny White.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Yes, Ivy. I'd love to see that, too. Or even former Chicago Force QB Sami Grisafe....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Panthers cut Will Grier; not interested in Cam Newton, to the ire of Panthers fans. Seem to be "all in" with Sam Darnold....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Apparently, the Bears are shopping Pastor Nick, but only to places that HE would consider acceptable. Bears fans are upset about that for some reason....

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 am Cowboys cut Gilbert and DiNucci. Moving forward (for now, anyway) with Prescott and Rush.

I’m no Dak fan, but to call him soft or not “durable” is a joke. He’s started and played EVERY game for the Cowboys since 2016, until his gruesome leg injury last year. 69 consecutive starts.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

AZ: I hope you didn't mean that to impugn what Dak actually does when he's on the field. It'll be interesting to see what he does (and if the OL will protect him). While there ARE some people I'd like to see replace Dak, I'm actually much more worried about the defense. We had literally NOTHING going into the draft, and spent nearly the entire draft on defense, so it will be interesting to see how well we chose. I was NOT impressed during the pre-season....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Cowboys snag Grier off waivers from CAR. That likely puts an end to the Newton-to-DAL vibes....

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowb ... HRThpQjQ7A

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Rams trade P Bojorquez to Packers. No real word on remuneration, but it's likely a draft pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-trade-pun ... p_catchall

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:20 am Panthers cut Will Grier; not interested in Cam Newton, to the ire of Panthers fans. Seem to be "all in" with Sam Darnold....
Are you suggesting that Panthers fans aren't happy that Cam isn't coming back? Because that is NOT what i'm seeing or hearing. :coffee:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I saw an article indicating that the Panthers fans seen by the author wanted Newton back.

Personally, I'm not sold on Darnold, either, but he COULD turn out to be the next Jim Plunkett: things didn't work out with his first team, but he turned into a superstar with the next. I'm just not sure the Panthers are the organization for something like that to happen, though....

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:04 am I saw an article indicating that the Panthers fans seen by the author wanted Newton back.

Personally, I'm not sold on Darnold, either, but he COULD turn out to be the next Jim Plunkett: things didn't work out with his first team, but he turned into a superstar with the next. I'm just not sure the Panthers are the organization for something like that to happen, though....
There are people for and against. When there was talk about Cam leaving Carolina, a lot of people were upset but they were met with a lot of people that were ready for something new. He had 1 great, season...in 2015 when he was MVP and went to the Super Bowl (only to then play like garbage).
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:36 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:04 am I saw an article indicating that the Panthers fans seen by the author wanted Newton back.

There are people for and against. When there was talk about Cam leaving Carolina, a lot of people were upset but they were met with a lot of people that were ready for something new. He had 1 great, season...in 2015 when he was MVP and went to the Super Bowl (only to then play like garbage).
Was that about the time he started to dress like a colorblind, thrift store junky?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:36 pm

Was that about the time he started to dress like a colorblind, thrift store junky?
Yeah...you got it. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm colorblind, thrift store junky
Come at me, bro.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:38 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm colorblind, thrift store junky
Come at me, bro.
Hey, 93, I never knew you were colorblind! 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:32 am
93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:38 pm

Come at me, bro.
Hey, 93, I never knew you were colorblind! 8-)
Me either! A good friend of mine is color blind. He tends to wear brightly colored hats as well. Just not to Cam's level.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'm red/green colorblind. I see red and green just fine until they approach black or white in shade, and then I lose them within a few degrees of black or white. I aced the military's written flight test; perfect score in all three sections. Aced the manual dexterity test. Passed the flight physical.... except the color bubble charts. Then they sent me for FALANT and I failed that too. Bye, bye flying career
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Dinucci is now on the Cowboys practice squad.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Apparently, Houston is still ticked off with Deshaun Watson. They just named journeyman Tyrod Taylor (lost his previous job to Josh Allen) despite the fact that Watson is still on the roster because nobody will trade for him.

Twitter firestorm in 3...2...1....