NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by 89Hen »

Washington Football Team may be starting Garrett Gilbert at QB tonight against the Eagles. WHO?
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Cooper Kupp has set a new RAMS RECORD for receptions 122 the old mark was held by Issac Bruce,Kupp has 1,625 yds he is on pace to break the current mark of 1,964 with a new mark 1,973.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:45 pm Cooper Kupp has set a new RAMS RECORD for receptions 122 the old mark was held by Issac Bruce,Kupp has 1,625 yds he is on pace to break the current mark of 1,964 with a new mark 1,973.
Great player, knew he was special watching him play that 1 game in the Fargodome.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Funny stat last night - the Eagles rushed for 175+ yards now in 7 consecutive games, the first time that's been done in the NFL since 1985. Last ones to do it, the Bears that year. So that's right, the Eagles are basically the reincarnation of the 1985 Bears. Minus a few wins of course.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:32 pm Funny stat last night - the Eagles rushed for 175+ yards now in 7 consecutive games, the first time that's been done in the NFL since 1985. Last ones to do it, the Bears that year. So that's right, the Eagles are basically the reincarnation of the 1985 Bears. Minus a few wins of course.
:shock:

That game had me grimacing first half. Eagles should have blown them out. My golf buddies are all Skins fans of course, and I took a wager on the money line Eagles -9.5 so I was pretty pissed until late in the game.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Eagles have it pretty good with Gints and Skins again, but holy cow does New Orleans have it easy... Fins, Falcons and Panthers. They have a great chance to leapfrog the Eagles and Vikings for the last spot.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:Eagles have it pretty good with Gints and Skins again, but holy cow does New Orleans have it easy... Fins, Falcons and Panthers. They have a great chance to leapfrog the Eagles and Vikings for the last spot.
Give the Aints a little credit for shutting out Brady and Tampon Bay.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:11 am
dal4018 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:45 pm Cooper Kupp has set a new RAMS RECORD for receptions 122 the old mark was held by Issac Bruce,Kupp has 1,625 yds he is on pace to break the current mark of 1,964 with a new mark 1,973.
Great player, knew he was special watching him play that 1 game in the Fargodome.
He could be the FIRST WR IN NFL HISTORY to cross the 2K BARRIER!!!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:20 pm
89Hen wrote:Eagles have it pretty good with Gints and Skins again, but holy cow does New Orleans have it easy... Fins, Falcons and Panthers. They have a great chance to leapfrog the Eagles and Vikings for the last spot.
Give the Aints a little credit for shutting out Brady and Tampon Bay.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Loved it the seeing the Saints shut them down.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:50 pm Eagles have it pretty good with Gints and Skins again, but holy cow does New Orleans have it easy... Fins, Falcons and Panthers. They have a great chance to leapfrog the Eagles and Vikings for the last spot.
Dolphins are playing well as of late, and are in the playoff hunt in the AFC, that's not an easy game at all. Other games are easy, the NFC South is terrible this year.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:31 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:50 pm Eagles have it pretty good with Gints and Skins again, but holy cow does New Orleans have it easy... Fins, Falcons and Panthers. They have a great chance to leapfrog the Eagles and Vikings for the last spot.
Dolphins are playing well as of late, and are in the playoff hunt in the AFC, that's not an easy game at all. Other games are easy, the NFC South is terrible this year.
I hope you're right but I wouldn't wager on the Fins to win that one.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:47 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:31 am

I hope you're right but I wouldn't wager on the Fins to win that one.
Eh, Saints, because of COVID, are starting their 4th string rookie, Ian Book, in this game. Certainly gives a little advantage to the Dolphins, no? And the Dolphins are riding a 6 game winning streak coming into this game, they've clearly turned it around from 1-7 start.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:04 pm Dolphins are riding a 6 game winning streak coming into this game.
:shock: I didn't notice it was that good. Yikes.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Joe Burrow is in trouble with Cincinnati fans after his comments on why CIN is doing so well with their low COVID numbers (ONE player on the reserve/COVID list as of WED) as other teams are struggling:

"Fortunately, there's not a ton to do in Cincinnati. Nobody is going out to clubs and bars and getting COVID every weekend."

:rofl:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-burrow ... 17382.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

NO will start Notre Dame QB Ian Book this Sunday vs. MIA, their fourth starting QB this year after having only FIVE starting QBs other than Drew Brees during his stay in NO, because Taysom Hill is expected to move to the COVID list today. Former DEN QB Trevor Simien is ALSO in the COVID protocol, and former TB QB Jameis Winston is on IR, thereby making Book the only active QB on the roster for NO, despite the fact that he hasn't played a regular season NFL down.

Cr@p! I'll take Hill over Book any day of the week....

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-reporte ... 26612.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Before signing Blake Bortles to back up last string QB Ian Book this week with Jameis Winston on IR and Taysom Hill and Trevor Simien on the reserve/COVID list, Sean Payton was apparently desperate enough to call the Hawai'i-vacationing Drew Brees to ask him for a one-night-only return gig. Brees is said to have at least considered it, but ultimately turned Payton down. Others seriously considered were Phillip Rivers (who replaced Brees in San Diego) and Josh McCown.

Apparently, there was an offer on the table from former Saints starting QB Archie Manning, who ALSO offered the services of sons Peyton and Eli and grandsons Arch and Marshall (who aren't even eligible for the NFL Draft yet). I wouldn't mind seeing Archie Manning at the helm of the Saints again....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/saints-dre ... 04565.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Is Aaron Rodgers the best QB in Packers' history? Yahoo is already saying so after Rodgers passed Brett Favre in career Packers TD passes today. And they're even saying that the great Bart Starr need not apply. I think we should think about that a bit. Admittedly, Rodgers plays a bit more reliably than Favre, who would often throw untimely picks. Both were 1-0 in the Super Bowl, and both were all-Decade. Rodgers is a 10x Pro Bowler; Favre went to the Pro Bowl 11 times. The fact that Favre is in the Hall is probably a push given that Rodgers will likely also go. But that's just between those two. Consideration should also be made for Bart Starr. Star's stats are lower because the game was highly run-centric back then, and (this is key) he was responsible for the ENTIRE offense as he called the plays. You know Rodgers and Favre have been tied by the OC. Starr is also 2-0 in the Super Bowl and won FIVE NFL Championships. He is also in the HOF, and is also on an all-Decade team. By stretching a point, I'd also like to consider Packer single wing tailback Arnie Herber. During the single wing era, the tailback ran the show in the same fashion the quarterback has since the shift to the T Formation and beyond. Sure, Herber only went to the Pro Bowl once, but that was because it was so new. The key thing for Herber is that he led the Packers to 3 NFL Championships in 4 years and also won one later with the Giants. Herber is also in the HOF. His Packers were pretty pass-heavy for the time, also. Herber also did some average punting late in his career, something you'd never even THINK of from either Favre or Rodgers.

Overall, though, my vote goes to Starr for best QB in Packers' history. Those NFL Championships and the higher level of responsibility he had outweigh the pass-heavy stats of Favre and Rodgers for me....

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers- ... 53462.html

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:53 pm Is Aaron Rodgers the best QB in Packers' history? Yahoo is already saying so after Rodgers passed Brett Favre in career Packers TD passes today. And they're even saying that the great Bart Starr need not apply. I think we should think about that a bit. Admittedly, Rodgers plays a bit more reliably than Favre, who would often throw untimely picks. Both were 1-0 in the Super Bowl, and both were all-Decade. Rodgers is a 10x Pro Bowler; Favre went to the Pro Bowl 11 times. The fact that Favre is in the Hall is probably a push given that Rodgers will likely also go. But that's just between those two. Consideration should also be made for Bart Starr. Star's stats are lower because the game was highly run-centric back then, and (this is key) he was responsible for the ENTIRE offense as he called the plays. You know Rodgers and Favre have been tied by the OC. Starr is also 2-0 in the Super Bowl and won FIVE NFL Championships. He is also in the HOF, and is also on an all-Decade team. By stretching a point, I'd also like to consider Packer single wing tailback Arnie Herber. During the single wing era, the tailback ran the show in the same fashion the quarterback has since the shift to the T Formation and beyond. Sure, Herber only went to the Pro Bowl once, but that was because it was so new. The key thing for Herber is that he led the Packers to 3 NFL Championships in 4 years and also won one later with the Giants. Herber is also in the HOF. His Packers were pretty pass-heavy for the time, also. Herber also did some average punting late in his career, something you'd never even THINK of from either Favre or Rodgers.

Overall, though, my vote goes to Starr for best QB in Packers' history. Those NFL Championships and the higher level of responsibility he had outweigh the pass-heavy stats of Favre and Rodgers for me....

Farve is 1-1 in Super Bowls. Threw a pick on the Packers drive, ending with John Elway finally winning one.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:03 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:53 pm Is Aaron Rodgers the best QB in Packers' history? Yahoo is already saying so after Rodgers passed Brett Favre in career Packers TD passes today. And they're even saying that the great Bart Starr need not apply. I think we should think about that a bit. Admittedly, Rodgers plays a bit more reliably than Favre, who would often throw untimely picks. Both were 1-0 in the Super Bowl, and both were all-Decade. Rodgers is a 10x Pro Bowler; Favre went to the Pro Bowl 11 times. The fact that Favre is in the Hall is probably a push given that Rodgers will likely also go. But that's just between those two. Consideration should also be made for Bart Starr. Star's stats are lower because the game was highly run-centric back then, and (this is key) he was responsible for the ENTIRE offense as he called the plays. You know Rodgers and Favre have been tied by the OC. Starr is also 2-0 in the Super Bowl and won FIVE NFL Championships. He is also in the HOF, and is also on an all-Decade team. By stretching a point, I'd also like to consider Packer single wing tailback Arnie Herber. During the single wing era, the tailback ran the show in the same fashion the quarterback has since the shift to the T Formation and beyond. Sure, Herber only went to the Pro Bowl once, but that was because it was so new. The key thing for Herber is that he led the Packers to 3 NFL Championships in 4 years and also won one later with the Giants. Herber is also in the HOF. His Packers were pretty pass-heavy for the time, also. Herber also did some average punting late in his career, something you'd never even THINK of from either Favre or Rodgers.

Farve is 1-1 in Super Bowls. Threw a pick on the Packers drive, ending with John Elway finally winning one.
Rodgers passed Farve for career TD passes.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:06 pm
This guy could make history by becoming the FIRST WR to break the 2K BARRIER!!!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:06 pm NO will start Notre Dame QB Ian Book this Sunday vs. MIA, their fourth starting QB this year after having only FIVE starting QBs other than Drew Brees during his stay in NO, because Taysom Hill is expected to move to the COVID list today. Former DEN QB Trevor Simien is ALSO in the COVID protocol, and former TB QB Jameis Winston is on IR, thereby making Book the only active QB on the roster for NO, despite the fact that he hasn't played a regular season NFL down.

Cr@p! I'll take Hill over Book any day of the week....

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-reporte ... 26612.html
Hill is the modern day Fran TARKENTON 6'2 220 4.40!!!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wentz has a nice throw to help defeat the Cardinals. Looks like Philly gets another mid first round pick.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:Wentz has a nice throw to help defeat the Cardinals. Looks like Philly gets another mid first round pick.
LAWL

Troll level 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The games are starting to matter now. Just about time for Wentz to catch a grain of sand in his vagina. Keep the medic ready.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-