Abuse of the NIL system is already happening....

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Abuse of the NIL system is already happening....

Post by SuperHornet »

Former Sixth Man of the Year JR Smith is now on the golf team at NC A&T with a six-figure NIL deal with Excel Sports. He's 36, and freshly retired from the Lake Show (2020) after winning the NBA Championship. This is disgusting....

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-nba-six ... 18108.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Abuse of the NIL system is already happening....

Post by 89Hen »

Shocking. Who could have seen this coming??
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Why is that abuse of the system? Is there some age limit? What makes JR Smith different than Joe Blow coming out of high school?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I don’t see a problem here. In fact, I kind of like it. The guy never went to college so now that he’s retired he’s going back and checking some boxes. And he’s golfing his way through it. Why the hell not?

And let’s face it… this is a bit of an outlier. The only reason he’s getting the juice that he is is because he’s a former NBA star. I don’t see this being widespread but even if it is, who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:10 am Why is that abuse of the system? Is there some age limit? What makes JR Smith different than Joe Blow coming out of high school?
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:03 am I don’t see a problem here. In fact, I kind of like it. The guy never went to college so now that he’s retired he’s going back and checking some boxes. And he’s golfing his way through it. Why the hell not?

And let’s face it… this is a bit of an outlier. The only reason he’s getting the juice that he is is because he’s a former NBA star. I don’t see this being widespread but even if it is, who cares?
:nod:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm