The Best-Dressed Football Coaches of All Time

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

The Best-Dressed Football Coaches of All Time

Post by SuperHornet »

The NFL has ruined football coaching these days, and the worst offender is in New England; Bill Bellichik looks like such a slob, but he gets away with it simply because he wears licensed gear so the NFL can make more $$. To me, the best dressed got their first head coaching jobs in Dallas AT THE SAME TIME (amazing in and of itself), and they both won Super Bowls with those teams. In fact, I want to combine the best aspects of their attire if my situation ever changes such that I get back into coaching, both football and track.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Best-Dressed Football Coaches of All Time

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Madden was cas for sure, and better than Bellickik. But I'd still rather see a traditional coach in a suit....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

That's exactly my point, BDK. Bellickik is a disgrace to the profession.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:41 am That's exactly my point, BDK. Bellickik is a disgrace to the profession.
Who cares? As a fan, I'd rather have a successful coach that dresses like a bum (Belichek) over a well-dressed coach who doesn't win many games. Mike Nolan looked great but what was his record?

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

At no time do I need my football coach in a full on suit on the sideline. No reason to go all anachronistic. It's fine to dress like the times you live in, not the ones that people lived in 50 years ago. Football helmets look vastly different now than they did 50 years ago. We got away from wool uniforms and I'd say that's an improvement. No need to be stuck in the past just to say you're stuck in the past.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:02 pm At no time do I need my football coach in a full on suit on the sideline. No reason to go all anachronistic. It's fine to dress like the times you live in, not the ones that people lived in 50 years ago. Football helmets look vastly different now than they did 50 years ago. We got away from wool uniforms and I'd say that's an improvement. No need to be stuck in the past just to say you're stuck in the past.
Meh. These uniforms so tight you can't even move in them, next-to-nothing shoulder pads, tank tops on linemen so you can see their ugly armpits, and optional hip pads, thigh pads, and knee pads have got to go. Too many injuries. I'll take old-school football any day of the week....