European Team Track Championships

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

European Team Track Championships

Post by SuperHornet »

Dal will love THIS one.

Interesting development at the European Team Track Championships. Belgium was about to be DQ'd after their two women's hurdlers were injured, leaving them with a potential scratch in the 100 hurdles. Apparently, scratching is a no-no at this meet. Enter their shot putter. With a smile on her face and taking care not to take deductions for knocking over hurdles, she finished dead last, about 19 seconds behind the next-to-last athlete, but she saved her team from a DQ and potential relegation to D-II by earning two points. That's amazing!

https://sports.yahoo.com/belgium-shot-p ... p_catchall

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: European Team Track Championships

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:55 pm Dal will love THIS one.

Interesting development at the European Team Track Championships. Belgium was about to be DQ'd after their two women's hurdlers were injured, leaving them with a potential scratch in the 100 hurdles. Apparently, scratching is a no-no at this meet. Enter their shot putter. With a smile on her face and taking care not to take deductions for knocking over hurdles, she finished dead last, about 19 seconds behind the next-to-last athlete, but she saved her team from a DQ and potential relegation to D-II by earning two points. That's amazing!

https://sports.yahoo.com/belgium-shot-p ... p_catchall
Thanks lol