Post by Gil Dobie »

Best FCS prospect since Jerry Rice.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Feldman: Kupp on early Heisman List

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote:Best FCS prospect since Jerry Rice.
Nope.

Best FCS prospect since Charles Roberts....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

This is stupid because he is a white guy and they will NEVER win another Heisman, watch McCaffery get fucked again this year and if he stays, the following year.

Always gonna go to a big dumb RB from the SEC since the FBS is a rigged inferior product.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote:
Nope.

With my reference to Jerry Rice, I meant it as WR prospect. Sorry for the confusion.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote:
Nope.

I heard he is a possession WR at this stage hope he improves on his footspeed at least 4.4????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Nope.

With my reference to Jerry Rice, I meant it as WR prospect. Sorry for the confusion.
What about Terrell Hudgins from Elon College doesn't he have the current FCS career marks for receptions and td's???
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Kupp has 328 career grabs Hudgins mark for career grabs(395) is in danger of being taken down!!!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Over rated. I'll go ahead and stake it out. This stuff of comparing him to somebody like Jerry Rice is ridiculous. Let's come back in a few years and see where he is in his NFL career.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Over rated. I'll go ahead and stake it out. This stuff of comparing him to somebody like Jerry Rice is ridiculous. Let's come back in a few years and see where he is in his NFL career.
He must be drafted first of course lol.How about comparing him to Steve Largent another HOF guy!!!
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

JohnStOnge wrote:Over rated. I'll go ahead and stake it out. This stuff of comparing him to somebody like Jerry Rice is ridiculous. Let's come back in a few years and see where he is in his NFL career.
He plays in an offense that allows him to post ridiculous numbers, but over rated? There isn't a better pair of hands in college football, period.

As to the Rice comparisons...I think those are more with respect to what those players did in college, not the NFL.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

EWURanger wrote:
He plays in an offense that allows him to post ridiculous numbers, but over rated? There isn't a better pair of hands in college football, period.

As to the Rice comparisons...I think those are more with respect to what those players did in college, not the NFL.

Coherent. Bout time. :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Best prospect since Rice, does not compare him to Rice, it compares him to all that followed Rice. From watching him in person, he is not over-rated.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Who's over-rating him, troll?

He's already has the FCS touchdown record playing in only 39 games (less than Rice, Hudgeons, and Ball). If he gets healthy, he will easily own the yardage record (486 behind) and has a good shot at the receptions record (84 behind).

So yes...please go ahead and stake it out.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

EWURanger wrote:

Rice played in a pass happy offense while at Mississippi Valley St look what it did for him.He still has marks in the NCAA record book.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

dal4018 wrote:
EWURanger wrote:

Rice played in a pass happy offense while at Mississippi Valley St look what it did for him.He still has marks in the NCAA record book.
Another thing to consider is the level of competition. Kupp has done as well if not better against Pac-12 teams. Who was MVSU playing at the time?
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Rice played in a pass happy offense while at Mississippi Valley St look what it did for him.He still has marks in the NCAA record book.
Another thing to consider is the level of competition. Kupp has done as well if not better against Pac-12 teams. Who was MVSU playing at the time?
They played against FCS schools unfortunately they never met FBS type schools.The fact he played vs Pac-12 schools should help his case of course.I wish that Rice had played vs FBS schools.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote:
The people who, for instance, voted for him to win the Peyton award last year when Kade Harrington had a more impressive season.
He's already has the FCS touchdown record playing in only 39 games (less than Rice, Hudgeons, and Ball). If he gets healthy, he will easily own the yardage record (486 behind) and has a good shot at the receptions record (84 behind).
He does not have the FCS touchdown record. He has 61 touchdowns. Brian Westbrook holds the record at 89.

But time will tell. Let me know when he has a NFL career like Jerry Rice had. It's possible that will happen. But it's very unlikely.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Rice played in a pass happy offense while at Mississippi Valley St look what it did for him.He still has marks in the NCAA record book.
The "level of competition" question will be answered by how Kupp does in the NFL. Good luck to him in his effort to do as well as Rice did.
Could I ever be a star?

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Gil said he was the best FCS (wide receiver) prospect SINCE Rice, not that he's as good or better than Rice. And he is absolutely correct in saying that if you don't include Moss.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:
The people who, for instance, voted for him to win the Peyton award last year when Kade Harrington had a more impressive season.
He does not have the FCS touchdown record. He has 61 touchdowns. Brian Westbrook holds the record at 89.

But time will tell. Let me know when he has a NFL career like Jerry Rice had. It's possible that will happen. But it's very unlikely.
Does he have the WR record for career TDs??? I think Kupp could be this generations STEVE LARGENT with more size 6-2 215 and ability.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

JohnStOnge wrote:He does not have the FCS touchdown record. He has 61 touchdowns. Brian Westbrook holds the record at 89.
Receiving record. But I'm pretty sure you knew that.

Calling him over-rated is a joke. If anything, he is UNDER-RATED, playing in the FCS. You obviously haven't watched him play that much.

Kade Harrington did not have a more impressive season last year, or remotely as impressive overall resume. Try again.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

This guy looks like he is in the 4.4 neighborhood something that was said by NFL Draft Scout.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Gil said he was the best FCS (wide receiver) prospect SINCE Rice, not that he's as good or better than Rice. And he is absolutely correct in saying that if you don't include Moss.
I forgot about Oh Randy! Can't let his name pass by without his memorial video

He would have even been better had Denny Green not been his coach..............queuing Cluck

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUz93KhXZkk[/youtube]
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

The reason he does so well against FCS competition is because they mostly single cover him
In FBS nobody singles up with him - typically they do an over under zone against him
Regardless of what else the defense is running he's always doubled
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus