CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Here we go again part ??

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: No. Hitler gave a voice to those that were disillusioned. He gave the people, angry with society, an escape goat. He gave them hope.

Remove your racial bias. Your prejudices do you a real disservice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Both sides are obviously culpable. Police training needs to be improved, black culture seems to breed violence and poverty.

CID's stats are interesting but if you look at the justice system as a whole, blacks tend to get the short end of the stick.

Has anybody read up on Michael A Wood's work? He's a retired Baltimore cop (white) who paints a less than glamorous picture of police abuse. There are assholes everywhere.

This was a realisation that I didn't even come to until very recently. So I ended up getting my bachelor's degree when I was in the police department. I started reading things like Freakonomics - things that teach you to think from a critical perspective.

I was a shift commander, and I told the shift that when you go out there doing car stops:
"I don't want to see you stopping an old lady - this is Baltimore! You stop 16-24 year old black males."

Why? Because 16-24 black males are the ones who commit all the crime. It's not until later that you complete the logic circle and realise that black and white [people] have drug possession at the same rate. You are only locking up black guys because they have drugs on them, and then they get in more trouble. We didn't know about the concept of institutional racism......

I was a rookie again. I got a call on the radio that there was a foot chase, "I got a black male running".
I corner him in an alley, he tried to get away, there is a little bit of a struggle but no big deal. I handcuff him and as he is laying on the ground, the officer that was chasing him comes round the corner.

And with a steel-toed boot, just boom right in the face. His eye instantly swells up and he is hurt pretty good.
This was cowardly but I just went, "What the hell dude?
"
I said: "He's your suspect and I'm out of here."

Did you think to report it?

No! That would have been unheard of. Anyone who runs gets beat up. That's common in America. I wasn't putting myself in the victim's shoes, I was thinking this isn't me. This guy is an asshole but this isn't me - I'm out of here.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33293421
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

mrklean wrote:
93henfan wrote:
There you go again. It's always somebody else's fault.
NO I want you to admit there is a double standard.
To be fair, there probably is. But I don't think "black/white" has as much to do with it as you think.

There is a "double standard" in sports. Certain hitters and pitchers get ball/strike calls in their favor. Certain basketball players get calls in their favor. Certain QB's get calls in their favor. And SEC football teams get favorable pre-season rankings that helps them in the final rankings. Why is that? I think it is safe to say that it is history. Their past performances tend to sway the judgements. Is it right? No. But it is human nature.

How do these get reversed? You have to prove that you are equal or better. People who comply and are communicative rarely get shot when confronted by police.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

mrklean wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
What have our leaders done to resolve the problem?
Leaders can't solve this problem. This has to start from the local level. I man is right about that. Parents have to take more responsibility for their kids education. Teachers can only do so much. But this does mean police can become firing squads and shoot people because they did not follow a command. This is not what Law Enforcement is about.
The athletes that are taking a knee are doing more than our leaders. Our leaders may not be able to solve the problem, but they can damn sure do something about. Talk about inner city education and take a look at too much money going to administration. The top people in a major city, like Minneapolis or St Paul where I am, are like corporate CEO's and paid like it. Our leaders can do something about education.

If you live in the inner city, there isn't much that parents can do for kids, except to get out. I was on a jury for an inner city shooting of a young black man, who was burned in his car to destroy evidence. Another young black man was on trial for the murder. Due to nobody from the community showing up for jury duty, we ended up with 1 African American on the jury. Witnesses revealed that nobody saw anything, nobody would identify anyone. The only two that testified were harassed by family and friends of the defendant, with guns. They went right into the one kids high school to remind him not to talk. They were the only ones that ended up in jail, as police busted them at a witness apartment with guns in their possession. We acquitted the defendant due to reasonable doubt, no weapon found, no motive, and no one saw him shoot the victim. It was an eye opener on how things work in the inner-city. Our leaders can do something about relations in the inner-city.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Both sides are obviously culpable. Police training needs to be improved, black culture seems to breed violence and poverty.

CID's stats are interesting but if you look at the justice system as a whole, blacks tend to get the short end of the stick.

Has anybody read up on Michael A Wood's work? He's a retired Baltimore cop (white) who paints a less than glamorous picture of police abuse. There are assholes everywhere.

This was a realisation that I didn't even come to until very recently. So I ended up getting my bachelor's degree when I was in the police department. I started reading things like Freakonomics - things that teach you to think from a critical perspective.

I was a shift commander, and I told the shift that when you go out there doing car stops:
"I don't want to see you stopping an old lady - this is Baltimore! You stop 16-24 year old black males."

Why? Because 16-24 black males are the ones who commit all the crime. It's not until later that you complete the logic circle and realise that black and white [people] have drug possession at the same rate. You are only locking up black guys because they have drugs on them, and then they get in more trouble. We didn't know about the concept of institutional racism......

I was a rookie again. I got a call on the radio that there was a foot chase, "I got a black male running".
I corner him in an alley, he tried to get away, there is a little bit of a struggle but no big deal. I handcuff him and as he is laying on the ground, the officer that was chasing him comes round the corner.

And with a steel-toed boot, just boom right in the face. His eye instantly swells up and he is hurt pretty good.
"

No! That would have been unheard of. Anyone who runs gets beat up. That's common in America. I wasn't putting myself in the victim's shoes, I was thinking this isn't me. This guy is an asshole but this isn't me - I'm out of here.
Police training doesn't need to be improved- there just needs to be enough of what already exists. Cities and counties with tight budgets tend to train to the bare minimum standards required by their respective states. I used to shoot 100 rounds a year in required firearms training, and according to the state of SC, I was a trained police officer. That's not enough. I did a lot of out of pocket training (lots of cops do this- Caliber Press offers excellent training in all facets of police tactics and survival skills). I paid for my own ammo, and the department only allowed me to use a certain kind (the expensive kind of course) and if I broke something like an extractor I was on the hook for it. Very few departments encourage outside training for various reasons, mostly related to the tacit admission that the minimum required training is not enough.

There's something else I want to say about Tulsa in particular. There are coward cops out there. Every cop has worked with a few. They are scared all the time. Always calling for backup when it isn't needed, and always seeing Hannibal Lecter every time they get out with somebody. Cops are good at identifying these officers and in the past, were good at getting rid of them. These days, coward cops have protections. Unions, threats of EEO complaints, the whole enchilada- all contributes to cops who 20 years ago would have been shoved in their lockers until they quit- now they stay on the job.

I guarantee you- guarantee it- that the cop in Tulsa was one of those. White male cops are hard to get rid of. Just imagine a female or minority cop and how they just about need to commit criminal acts for them to be fired. A lot of departments used to have "cowardice" as an offense that could be disciplined. That went away. Then they started shunting those cops off to desk duty or "community policing" in low crime areas. Now you can't even do that because a woman is going to claim discrimination and win.

There are a LOT of factors that go into the bad policing we sometimes see today, few of which have anything to do with racial biases. In fact, my days in LE reminded me a lot of the military- we had less racial BS in the ranks than you would see in your average office or mechanic shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

BLM activists calling for more extensive training? You mean like more racist police tests that kill diversity of the police force?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

mrklean wrote:Right or wrong a large % of the population feels that law enforcement has targeted the black community to collect fines and fees to fund public Safety. That is wrong.
You're right...it is wrong for a large % of the population to feel that way.

Fix it, you moran!!!

Your peeps are dumb as bricks, and easily manipulated, by ignorant, low information sales campaigns. Hillary jailed your people...and she hates Obama...yet you morans think she is the second coming of Jesus because she knows your dog whistle trigger points. :rofl:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
mrklean wrote:I just saw the video on CNN. I did not see a freaking gun. He was backing up when they shot him and the guy in the red shirt shot him not the black cop.
I just saw the video. The guy in the red shirt never fired a shot. What are you looking at?
Here is what I saw:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us/ch ... .html?_r=0
Don't worry, kkklean has his mommy tell him the guy in the red shirt shot someone. :rofl:

YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:Both sides are obviously culpable. Police training needs to be improved, black culture seems to breed violence and poverty.

"

:roll:

Lots of anecdotal stories out there. But, the facts tell a different story.

CID is correct...and kkklean is looking like a low information clown.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
mrklean wrote: NO I want you to admit there is a double standard.
To be fair, there probably is. But I don't think "black/white" has as much to do with it as you think.

There is a "double standard" in sports. Certain hitters and pitchers get ball/strike calls in their favor. Certain basketball players get calls in their favor. Certain QB's get calls in their favor. And SEC football teams get favorable pre-season rankings that helps them in the final rankings. Why is that? I think it is safe to say that it is history. Their past performances tend to sway the judgements. Is it right? No. But it is human nature.

How do these get reversed? You have to prove that you are equal or better. People who comply and are communicative rarely get shot when confronted by police.
Which isn't the same as never. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

No charges in Keith Lamont Scott police shooting , Charlotte DA says

The North Carolina cop whose shooting of a black man in September touched off riots and helped fan fanned racial flames around the nation will not face charges, a prosecutor said Wednesday as he painstakingly laid out evidence the dead man brandished an illegal gun at police and ignored repeated commands to drop it.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg District Attorney Andrew Murray determined that Officer Brentley Vinson's actions in killing Keith Lamont Scott were justified.

“We cannot know what Scott’s intention was that day,” Murray said.

Scott's family has said he was not armed.

Murray held an extensive news conference and displayed a nearby store's surveillance video showing the outline of what appeared to be a holstered gun on Scott's ankle, and he gave extensive details about other evidence that Scott was armed.

Prior to any confrontation, Vinson informed another officer that he saw Scott with a gun, Murray said. Officers at the scene said after Scott was shot, the gun fell to the floor.

"Mr. Scott's DNA was found on the slide of the gun and the grip of the gun," Murray said. The Charlotte police crime lab found Scott's fingerprints on the gun, but the state crime lab "did not find that print to be of value."

Murray said a Colt .380 semi-automatic was recovered at the scene with one live round in the chamber with the safety off. The gun was cocked.

"Mr. Scott illegally purchased the gun on Sept. 2," Murray said. The seller admitted to selling the gun to a third party on Facebook.

"Basically the seller saw, what we all saw, the video of the incident and said, 'I know that guy and I know that gun," Murray said.

Plainclothes officers had gone to the complex about 4 p.m. on Sept. 20 looking for a suspect with an outstanding warrant when they saw Scott -- not the suspect they were looking for -- inside a car with a gun and marijuana, department spokesman Keith Trietley has said in a statement.

Officers saw Scott get out of the car with a gun and then get back in, police said. When officers approached, they said, Scott exited the car with the gun again. At that point, officers deemed Scott a threat and Vinson fired his weapon.

Scott, 43, was pronounced dead at Carolinas Medical Center. An autopsy report from Mecklenburg County authorities says Scott died of gunshot wounds to the back and abdomen.

Vinson, who is also black, had been with the department for two years at the time of the shooting. He has been on administrative leave which is standard in police shootings.

At a Wednesday news conference, Murray said an expert determined that all four shell cases that were fired were from Vinson's gun.

Body camera and dashcam recordings released earlier by the police department did not conclusively show that and city officials were criticized for the length of time it took to release police video of the shooting.

Scott's final moments also were recorded by his wife, Rakeyia, in a video shared widely on social media. She can be heard shouting to police that her husband "doesn't have a gun." She pleads with the officers not to shoot before a burst of gunfire can be heard.

The shooting led to two nights of violent protests, including a fatal shooting in downtown Charlotte the next night. The unrest gave way to several more days of largely peaceful demonstrations, and the city instituted a curfew for multiple nights.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/30/no ... -says.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Black man with illegally purchased firearm. Refused officer's lawful requests to drop weapon. Black officer shot said armed black suspect. And yet blacks and stupid libtard whites are still protesting in Charlotte... :dunce: :ohno:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/s ... 14953.html
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:
Other than the looting thing (JFC... :ohno: ) there's some valid arguments here.

Listening to that one Gomer in Tulsa say 'he looks dangerous' doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in the intelligence of the cops. I thought Louis Gohmert might have been at the scene.
For sure. My thoughts on the above
1) True. However people like Michael Brown weren't innocent. Walter Scott, while not deserving death, shouldn't have run and made the situation worst.
2) For the small percentage of bad cops, yes.
3) That's just stupid
4) Agree 100%
5) Try being White in 2016.

I have only heard a little bit about the Tulsa incident. But it sounds like bad police work, no doubt about it.
I'm very thankful for being white in 2016. :shock:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
For sure. My thoughts on the above
1) True. However people like Michael Brown weren't innocent. Walter Scott, while not deserving death, shouldn't have run and made the situation worst.
2) For the small percentage of bad cops, yes.
3) That's just stupid
4) Agree 100%
5) Try being White in 2016.

I have only heard a little bit about the Tulsa incident. But it sounds like bad police work, no doubt about it.
Yeah...to steal from Louie's bit...it's pretty fucking fantastic! :lol:

I was thinking about it awhile ago after I'd heard that Philando Castillo fella was pulled over 52 times in recent years before being shot by the cops. :shock: I've been pulled over less than 10 times in 27 years.

Of course...I'm a good driver.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Yeah...to steal from Louie's bit...it's pretty **** fantastic! :lol:

I was thinking about it awhile ago after I'd heard that Philando Castillo fella was pulled over 52 times in recent years before being shot by the cops. :shock: I've been pulled over less than 10 times in 27 years.

I haven't been pulled over in 30 years but I did drive a VW bus (major poon wagon)and had very long hair (chicks loved it) for a couple of years between junior college and the Army and got pulled over on a fairly regular basis. Never left the driveway until I checked the brake lights, (common problem with old VW Busses) but always got pulled over because "your brake light is not working".
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Yeah...to steal from Louie's bit...it's pretty fucking fantastic! :lol:

:thumb: I've been driving since 1998. The last time I was pulled over was in 2009 and I was arrested. I think i've been pulled over a total 4 times in my life. I'm a good driver. I've only been in 2 accidents, neither were my fault.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yeah...to steal from Louie's bit...it's pretty **** fantastic! :lol:

:thumb: I've been driving since 1998. The last time I was pulled over was in 2009 and I was arrested. I think i've been pulled over a total 4 times in my life. I'm a good driver. I've only been in 2 accidents, neither were my fault.
Arrested??? Do tell. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Thug rams US Marshal’s vehicles, gets out of his own vehicle brandishing long gun, and is shot and killed by Marshals. Black people riot. :suspicious:
https://www.apnews.com/c290fd44dace4fe7b836110de77c1894
https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/memphis- ... video/amp/
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Brandishing a gun at police while black. :ohno:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.