Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Feds won't evict Dakota Access Pipeline Protesters

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Williston, ND, didn't want it near them either. It isn't just Indians. :coffee:
Understand that. The pipeline crosses the Missouri River upstream from Williston already, 265 miles away. This route was already discussed with the tribes, prior to the protest, although some tribes decided not to attend these meetings. Now we have a chitshow.
I don't see why we need the thing at all. There is no shortage of oil available to refine and we really should be looking forward. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Understand that. The pipeline crosses the Missouri River upstream from Williston already, 265 miles away. This route was already discussed with the tribes, prior to the protest, although some tribes decided not to attend these meetings. Now we have a chitshow.
I don't see why we need the thing at all. There is no shortage of oil available to refine and we really should be looking forward. :coffee:
And that's where this argument really is - all the talk about water and tribal rights and so on are just disingenuous. The real protest is that the protestors just want to keep oil in the ground. But that's never really a winning argument, hence the Native American angle for this one.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
And that's where this argument really is - all the talk about water and tribal rights and so on are just disingenuous. The real protest is that the protestors just want to keep oil in the ground. But that's never really a winning argument, hence the Native American angle for this one.
It's been working with the Keystone XL...
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Or did. That's something Trump could revive.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
Let them commie Canadians pump their nasty tar sands across their own aquifers. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Bronco
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by Bronco »

-
If you would be interested in a different view than the one you've been given. Here's one

Before traveling, Sheriff Champagne admitted he had the wrong impression about the pipeline based on what he called sensational news reports that the pipeline was to run directly through the Standing Rock Reservation and disturb ancient burial grounds.

"I quickly learned and saw for myself that this was untrue."

http://www.thv11.com/news/local-sheriff ... /346183392
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Let them commie Canadians pump their nasty tar sands across their own aquifers. :coffee:
They already are pumping it to the USA, and the Koch brothers are getting rich off of it. They are also supplying jobs to several communities in the area, that are near the refinery.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Bronco wrote:-
If you would be interested in a different view than the one you've been given. Here's one

Before traveling, Sheriff Champagne admitted he had the wrong impression about the pipeline based on what he called sensational news reports that the pipeline was to run directly through the Standing Rock Reservation and disturb ancient burial grounds.

The Sheriff is spot on except one little thingy dingy...
He blames Obama for not dropping in Federal troops - which is a ridiculous request

"States Rights" have a problem bring your own troops for gods sake
Why would any president in a situation like this bring in Federal Troops..?

People have a right to protest - even when they're wrong - like they are here...
Imagine if this was a Tea Party thing and Federal Troops were dropped in..?

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
Bronco wrote:-

The Sheriff is spot on except one little thingy dingy...
He blames Obama for not dropping in Federal troops - which is a ridiculous request

"States Rights" have a problem bring your own troops for gods sake
Why would any president in a situation like this bring in Federal Troops..?

People have a right to protest - even when they're wrong - like they are here...
Imagine if this was a Tea Party thing and Federal Troops were dropped in..?

:rofl:

Some of those Tea Party wackjobs could be a serious threat. Between the wackjob and the motorized shopping cart you're looking at about an 850 lb. bowling ball with a low cg barreling into them..
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Well Obama refused the easement, the protesters can go home for the winter. The Trump train will approve it in the Spring.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Gil Dobie wrote:Well Obama refused the easement, the protesters can go home for the winter. The Trump train will approve it in the Spring.
Technically January 21 is still considered Winter...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Rob Iola wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Well Obama refused the easement, the protesters can go home for the winter. The Trump train will approve it in the Spring.
Technically January 21 is still considered Winter...
Technically you are not my wife. ;)
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

If the protesters were white, they would have been shot already.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:If the protesters were white, they would have been shot already.

Like all the white Tea Party protesters..?

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Rob Iola wrote: Technically January 21 is still considered Winter...
Technically you are not my wife. ;)
That's not what you told me last night :(
Proletarians of the world, unite!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:If the protesters were white, they would have been shot already.
Most of them are white.

Funny how the cops calmed down when the veterans showed up. :coffee:

Not to mention Sheriff Kerchmeier closing down the Sheriff's web page for sanitizing before the upcoming civil rights law suit. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Most of them are white.

Not to mention Sheriff Kerchmeier closing down the Sheriff's web page for sanitizing before the upcoming civil rights law suit. :lol:
The pipeline was built thru rural white America, but when it got close to a reservation, it became a civil rights thingy. And the liberals only showed up to stop the oil, now they can go home and leave the reservation in it's original despair.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Most of them are white.

The pipeline was built thru rural white America, but when it got close to a reservation, it became a civil rights thingy. And the liberals only showed up to stop the oil, now they can go home and leave the reservation in it's original despair.
The CoE wouldn't allow it to go through Bismarck. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
The pipeline crosses the river upstream from Bismarck and upstream of another reservation. It will be going near Sioux Falls and Des Moines and ends near your house in S Illinois.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:
The pipeline crosses the river upstream from Bismarck and upstream of another reservation. It will be going near Sioux Falls and Des Moines and ends near your house in S Illinois.
We'll see. Notice how the tough-talking sheriff is walking back his bellicosity now that the veterans are arriving en masse? Whole different ball game than shooting women and civilians now. Lots more to come once Trump jumps in to protect his investment. How many of those veterans do you suppose have an equalizer in their truck?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
We'll see. Notice how the tough-talking sheriff is walking back his bellicosity now that the veterans are arriving en masse? Whole different ball game than shooting women and civilians now. Lots more to come once Trump jumps in to protect his investment. How many of those veterans do you suppose have an equalizer in their truck?
Haven't seen any evidence of women and civilians being shot. All I've heard is that North Dakota wants to make sure the protesters are safe since the cold weather arrived.
Bronco
Level3
Level3

Post by Bronco »

As far as I can tell the tribes only became very interested once it became political
Van Jones on Pipeline Protest: 'This Feels Like Selma! It Feels Like Montgomery!'

cnsnews.com ^ | 12/5/2016 | Susan Jones

Van Jones, a CNN commentator and former adviser to President Obama, on Monday compared the pipeline protest in Cannon Ball, North Dakota to the civil rights movement of the 1960s: "This feels like Selma! It feels like Montgomery! It feels like a time when a group that nobody paid attention to, black folks in the South, stood up and the world stood with them, so it's a very powerful, emotional moment, I think, for the tribal communities," Jones told CNN's "New Day."
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bronco
Level3
Level3

Post by Bronco »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Bronco wrote:Image
Notice how if they ran east of Lake Sakakawaea they would save two crossings of the Missouri River? Why didn't they go that way?

Clean water and air trump everything, bro... this isn't some public works project :tothehand:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

houndawg wrote:
Bronco wrote:Image
Notice how if they ran east of Lake Sakakawaea they would save two crossings of the Missouri River? Why didn't they go that way?

Clean water and air trump everything, bro... this isn't some public works project :tothehand:
I'm guessing they chose that route because they want to be on the west side of the state - where the majority of the oil is located. :coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire