GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: President Trump's Cabinet

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:General Mattis is no General Jack D. Ripper (shameless callout to Dr. Strangelove fans). In addition to his impeccable creds as a career soldier, he has a deep understanding of military and political history that should help him as SecDef. One of the best appointments so far.
I never knew he served time in the Army.
I see what you did there. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote:Mad Dog For President! Mad Dog 2020!!
:notworthy:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
:notworthy:
I hope that isn't a meme yet.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

This is where he fails...as do most career soldiers/marines/whatever.

Whack jobs do not understand the idea of getting sick of the killing.

I like a lot of the sayings, true or not, attributed to this guy. But to put the above quote in the top 10 displays involes an ignorance than goes back before Vietnam...and many generations before that. :coffee:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:General Mattis is no General Jack D. Ripper (shameless callout to Dr. Strangelove fans). In addition to his impeccable creds as a career soldier, he has a deep understanding of military and political history that should help him as SecDef. One of the best appointments so far.
Ivysquawk. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Ivysquawk. :ohno:
Oh, it's you. Don't you have a disability check to pick up? :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Not after he left those Green Berets for dead, no way...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

News to warm the cockles of Klam's heart: Trump to get economic advice from some of our best CEOs! Dimon, Barra, Iger, McMillon...the beat goes on! All hail the Plutocracy! :mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:News to warm the cockles of Klam's heart: Trump to get economic advice from some of our best CEOs! Dimon, Barra, Iger, McMillon...the beat goes on! All hail the Plutocracy! :mrgreen:
:lol:

Meh...not surprising and it would have been something similar under Hilldog. :nod:

"Steve Mnuchin is the Forrest Gump of the financial crisis — he managed to participate in all the worst practices on Wall Street,"

"He spent two decades at Goldman Sachs helping the bank peddle the same kind of mortgage products that blew up the economy and sucked down billions in taxpayer bailout money before he moved on to run a bank that was infamous for aggressively foreclosing on families."

I don't think Warren is being fair to Forrest here.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Dr. Ben Carson will be nominated as the next secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Trump transition team announced Monday.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/politics/ ... index.html
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Cluck U wrote:4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

I like a lot of the sayings, true or not, attributed to this guy. But to put the above quote in the top 10 displays involes an ignorance than goes back before Vietnam...and many generations before that. :coffee:
The jihadis have had this mindset (exchange "American democracy" for "infidels" and "freedoms" for "religion") for centuries. Glad we have someone on our side to match their "kill everyone" approach. Good pick by Trump. :coffee:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Ibanez wrote:
Dr. Ben Carson will be nominated as the next secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Trump transition team announced Monday.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/politics/ ... index.html
But he doesn't have the experience to run a government agency!!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Vidav wrote:
Yeah, well the Dept of Housing and Urban Development is a worthless cabinet level agency. In terms of federal agencies that don't need to exist at the cabinet level, HUD ranks #1..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Yeah, well the Dept of Housing and Urban Development is a worthless cabinet level agency. In terms of federal agencies that don't need to exist at the cabinet level, HUD ranks #1..
Man, Rick Perry could have used you:

phpBB [video]
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

SDHornet wrote:
Cluck U wrote:4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

The jihadis have had this mindset (exchange "American democracy" for "infidels" and "freedoms" for "religion") for centuries. Glad we have someone on our side to match their "kill everyone" approach. Good pick by Trump. :coffee:
Oh, I agree that you need to kill every one of those fvckers. The problem with the quote is if he actually believes that they will get sick of the killing and stop. They won't ever get sick of the killing, so that is a dumb quote.

What you have to do is not only bomb the heII out of any jihadist, but you also have to have the balls and political will to cut off the head by going after the mosques and the countries that support those mosques.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Ret. Gen. John Kelly to head the Department of Homeland Security, a senior transition official tells CNN.

The former head of US Southern Command, Kelly was previously responsible for managing security threats posed by criminal drug networks based in south and central America -- an issue that Trump highlighted in his campaign, and to which Kelly would bring unique
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/07/politics/ ... l?adkey=bn
Trump loves himself some Marines...
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

If Giuliani isn't DHS Sec, then he almost certainly will be Sec of State.

Romney got punked. I love it. :lol:

Actually, he could still be in for all I know, but I hope he gets punked.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:If Giuliani isn't DHS Sec, then he almost certainly will be Sec of State.

I'd still rather have Romney as SOS than Giuliani - Giuliani just seems like he's lost a couple of steps. He's not aging well.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:If Giuliani isn't DHS Sec, then he almost certainly will be Sec of State.

I'd still rather have Romney as SOS than Giuliani - Giuliani just seems like he's lost a couple of steps. He's not aging well.
Agree on Giuliani. If a comparable alternative to Romney exists though, I'd be glad to see Mitt snubbed. You just don't go full retard on somebody like he did to The Donald. Perhaps The Donald simply wanted to see him crawl around for a few weeks asking to slob knob as reparations and he'll let him take the job. We'll see.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Agree on Giuliani. If a comparable alternative to Romney exists though, I'd be glad to see Mitt snubbed. You just don't go full retard on somebody like he did to The Donald. Perhaps The Donald simply wanted to see him crawl around for a few weeks asking to slob knob as reparations and he'll let him take the job. We'll see.
I'm actually in favor of Romney because it would really go a long way to show that Trump is moving forward and really trying to mend fences (or walls if you will). Being magnanimous is a pretty cool attribute.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I'm actually in favor of Romney because it would really go a long way to show that Trump is moving forward and really trying to mend fences (or walls if you will). Being magnanimous is a pretty cool attribute.
Don't get your hopes up. The Donald actually called in to The Today Show this morning to complain about Alec Baldwin being mean-spirited in his impersonation on Saturday Night Live. Those are the flashes of stupidity that need to go away with the quickness. Pence needs to pre-approve everything The Donald does. It should be mandatory. Twitter access needs to be completely removed.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Cluck U wrote:
SDHornet wrote: The jihadis have had this mindset (exchange "American democracy" for "infidels" and "freedoms" for "religion") for centuries. Glad we have someone on our side to match their "kill everyone" approach. Good pick by Trump. :coffee:
Oh, I agree that you need to kill every one of those fvckers. The problem with the quote is if he actually believes that they will get sick of the killing and stop. They won't ever get sick of the killing, so that is a dumb quote.

What you have to do is not only bomb the heII out of any jihadist, but you also have to have the balls and political will to cut off the head by going after the mosques and the countries that support those mosques.
Yeah, gotta show them Saudis who is boss..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote:
President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Ret. Gen. John Kelly to head the Department of Homeland Security, a senior transition official tells CNN.

The former head of US Southern Command, Kelly was previously responsible for managing security threats posed by criminal drug networks based in south and central America -- an issue that Trump highlighted in his campaign, and to which Kelly would bring unique
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/07/politics/ ... l?adkey=bn
Trump loves himself some Marines...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

translation: "got his ass kicked in the War on Drugs..."
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

The way he keeps bringing him back to Trumpville to twist in the wind some more... :lol: