I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

2017 Trump Inauguration Thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

Hoping to see some good brawls with protestors. :nod:

Starting tomorrow afternoon, the following terms will change:

Good Morning >>> Great Morning
Good Afternoon >>> Great Afternoon
Good Evening (Night) >>> Great Evening (Night)
Good Humor >>> Great Humor
The Greater Good >>> The Greater Great
Good Vibrations >>> Great Vibrations.......
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Re: 2017 Trump Inauguration Thread

Post by mrklean »

FVCK EM!
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Events begin today at 3:30 EC(b).

https://www.58pic2017.org/events

If you watch the parade, be sure to watch the The Citadel Regimental Band & Pipes and Summerall Guards.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mrklean wrote:FVCK EM!
:ohno: What do you gain from wanting your government harm? Failure? It's time to be mature about it.

I didn't vote for Trump but I wish him luck. It's a difficult job and anything he can do to improve the country should be welcomed.
mrklean
Level3
Level3

Post by mrklean »

Ibanez wrote:
mrklean wrote:FVCK EM!
:ohno: What do you gain from wanting your government harm? Failure? It's time to be mature about it.

I didn't vote for Trump but I wish him luck. It's a difficult job and anything he can do to improve the country should be welcomed.
This guy is an AZZ HAT and an EGO. Watch what happens. The next 4 years is going to be a circus show. :coffee:
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mrklean wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :ohno: What do you gain from wanting your government harm? Failure? It's time to be mature about it.

This guy is an AZZ HAT and an EGO. Watch what happens. The next 4 years is going to be a circus show. :coffee:
He can't be an "EGO."

But you didn't answer my question. Why do you want our government to fail?
mrklean
Level3
Level3

Post by mrklean »

Ibanez wrote:
mrklean wrote:
He can't be an "EGO."

Where was this the past 8 years? :coffee:
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

My wife teaches elementary school at a suburban school outside of Philadelphia. Here's excerpts from the "Inauguration Information Points" e-mail that was sent out to the professional staff in advance of showing the inauguration during school on Friday. They haven't come out with the e-mail yet describing the comfort rooms with the video of puppies playing on a continual loop yet but I'll let you know if there is one.
• As educators, continue to be mindful about keeping your own opinions and biases out of the classroom. When necessary, correct the record to clarify misconceptions, share differing perspectives and help build tolerance for diverse ideas and people. Our students will be experiencing a wide range of emotions and your ability to remain neutral and steady during the proceedings can be a source of calm for all students.

• Should classroom disruptions occur, either for or against the president-elect, treat them like any other classroom disruption and address them appropriately. If there is a student who is creating a substantial disruption to the students’ ability to watch the ceremony, please have them report to the office. Emphasize to students that we understand all students have their own political beliefs and to be respectful of the beliefs of others.

• If a student is visibly upset and you feel there is an immediate concern, please send the student to see their counselor. Please email a guidance counselor if you have a concern that is not urgent but believe should be followed up on.

• If a student approaches you and asks a question such as “Are my friends going to be deported?” “I don’t know if I can feel safe in my country.” “How could this happen?” Here are some ideas of how you could respond depending on the situation:

· A new president has been elected in a democratic republic. We have a system of checks and balances and there are people at all levels of government who work for us and our best interests. In order to make anything happen, the president has to work with other people. One person cannot change everything overnight.

· Think about how you can make a positive impact on people and groups you feel may be affected by the change in leadership. We have groups right here at ***** like the ADL that you can join and take action.

· As a high school student and voter in the next election you have a voice. Write to your representative and make your voice heard. Be engaged in the process.

· Challenge yourself to hear all sides, understand differing points of view and find common ground with those who you may disagree with. You have to be able to understand all perspectives to be able to effectively communicate about issues.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

My last day in DC this week was Tuesday. Buses into the city were not allowed after noon on Wednesday, so they had us all clear town.

The security apparatus being put in place even on Tuesday was incredible. The place is locked down like a catholic school girl. Drones were buzzing over the mall. All federal buildings within a couple of blocks of the mall had steel cage walls erected where the street meets the curb. Then in the middle of the sidewalk, they placed movable waist-high steel barriers. Our block, including impeded Starbucks access, which is some BULLSHIT:

National Mall is being covered with matting to protect the complete sodding/grading they did last summer:

If you needed to take a piss, Tuesday was a great day:

Where America will officially start becoming great again:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mrklean wrote:
Ibanez wrote: He can't be an "EGO."

From me? I voted for Obama the first time. I am of the mind that regardless of who is in office, they are but 1 person and deserve the best of luck. It's a difficult job.

You didn't answer my question. Why do you want our government to fail? Stop obfuscating.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

mrklean wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :ohno: What do you gain from wanting your government harm? Failure? It's time to be mature about it.

47% of us said that 8 years ago. :coffee:
mrklean
Level3
Level3

Post by mrklean »

Ibanez wrote:
mrklean wrote: Where was this the past 8 years? :coffee:
From me? I voted for Obama the first time. I am of the mind that regardless of who is in office, they are but 1 person and deserve the best of luck. It's a difficult job.

You didn't answer my question. Why do you want our government to fail? Stop obfuscating.
Why would I want my government to fail. The Only thing I want is a level playing field. Some people i this country believe that they are more American that others who were born in this country. BTW, Ask the TEA Party about that for the past 8 years.
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mrklean wrote:
Ibanez wrote: From me? I voted for Obama the first time. I am of the mind that regardless of who is in office, they are but 1 person and deserve the best of luck. It's a difficult job.

Why would I want my government to fail. The Only thing I want is a level playing field. Some people i this country believe that they are more American that others who were born in this country. BTW, Ask the TEA Party about that for the past 8 years.
I don't care about the Tea Party from 8 years ago. You should be hoping that Trump does what's best for the country. He's a douche but he's our douche.

Kind of like BDK.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

mrklean wrote:
Ibanez wrote: From me? I voted for Obama the first time. I am of the mind that regardless of who is in office, they are but 1 person and deserve the best of luck. It's a difficult job.

If we ask the tea party do we get to ask the Dems who spent 8 years saying that W wasn't a legitimate President because of his narrow win(Supreme Court granted) against Gore and the associated "Bush is Hitler" signs? And then do we get to ask the GOP'ers who were convinced Clinton was the devil for 8 years? And then do we ask the Dems who swore Reagan only read scripts that were given to him for 8 years? Both sides have very, very poor records in terms of dealing with changes in the White House.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:My wife teaches elementary school at a suburban school outside of Philadelphia. Here's excerpts from the "Inauguration Information Points" e-mail that was sent out to the professional staff in advance of showing the inauguration during school on Friday. They haven't come out with the e-mail yet describing the comfort rooms with the video of puppies playing on a continual loop yet but I'll let you know if there is one.
• As educators, continue to be mindful about keeping your own opinions and biases out of the classroom. When necessary, correct the record to clarify misconceptions, share differing perspectives and help build tolerance for diverse ideas and people. Our students will be experiencing a wide range of emotions and your ability to remain neutral and steady during the proceedings can be a source of calm for all students.

• Should classroom disruptions occur, either for or against the president-elect, treat them like any other classroom disruption and address them appropriately. If there is a student who is creating a substantial disruption to the students’ ability to watch the ceremony, please have them report to the office. Emphasize to students that we understand all students have their own political beliefs and to be respectful of the beliefs of others.

• If a student is visibly upset and you feel there is an immediate concern, please send the student to see their counselor. Please email a guidance counselor if you have a concern that is not urgent but believe should be followed up on.

• If a student approaches you and asks a question such as “Are my friends going to be deported?” “I don’t know if I can feel safe in my country.” “How could this happen?” Here are some ideas of how you could respond depending on the situation:

· A new president has been elected in a democratic republic. We have a system of checks and balances and there are people at all levels of government who work for us and our best interests. In order to make anything happen, the president has to work with other people. One person cannot change everything overnight.

· Think about how you can make a positive impact on people and groups you feel may be affected by the change in leadership. We have groups right here at ***** like the ADL that you can join and take action.

· As a high school student and voter in the next election you have a voice. Write to your representative and make your voice heard. Be engaged in the process.

· Challenge yourself to hear all sides, understand differing points of view and find common ground with those who you may disagree with. You have to be able to understand all perspectives to be able to effectively communicate about issues.
We need to quit encouraging the victim complex. From FB feed...An EWU prof cancelled class Friday. Good on this kid...

Sent a letter to the President here at EWU. Kinda fed-up with the political hostilities here on campus. Hopefully they will consider doing SOMETHING...

"My English teacher,(name deleted), just informed me this morning that we will not have class on Friday. This is because she's staging what she calls a "walkout protest" against President-Elect Donald Trump. I hold all faculty to the highest standard at EWU and this type of behavior is not only childish, but extremely embarrassing as well. I thought here at Eastern I'd know my education would be secure round-the-clock regardless of political climate. This is disheartening and disappointing knowing that I cannot expect my education to come first, knowing that EWU faculty would rather let their political agendas and biases get in the way of an education that I, and many others, struggle to pay for. Regardless of what she thinks she'll accomplish by throwing this glorified temper tantrum, the outcome of the election will not change, and all that will have happened is a nice day-off for her while the students suffer academically for it. I sincerely hope that this sort of behavior does not become standard for teachers and professors here at EWU, because paying students deserve to have a sense of not only security, but priority as well when it comes to their education.

I hope you take the time to consider what I've said here and I implore you to ask your teachers and professors to schedule their political protests in a manner that does not disturb the learning environment here at Eastern.
Thank you."
mrklean
Level3
Level3

Post by mrklean »

Ibanez wrote:
mrklean wrote:
I don't care about the Tea Party from 8 years ago. You should be hoping that Trump does what's best for the country. He's a douche but he's our douche.

Kind of like BDK.
He's a HUGE DOUCHE BAG and I don't trust him one bit :thumbdown:
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Hope they are booked!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2oAYGkB3c[/youtube]
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

93henfan wrote:My last day in DC this week was Tuesday. Buses into the city were not allowed after noon on Wednesday, so they had us all clear town.

The security apparatus being put in place even on Tuesday was incredible. The place is locked down like a catholic school girl. Drones were buzzing over the mall. All federal buildings within a couple of blocks of the mall had steel cage walls erected where the street meets the curb. Then in the middle of the sidewalk, they placed movable waist-high steel barriers. Our block, including impeded Starbucks access, which is some BULLSHIT:

National Mall is being covered with matting to protect the complete sodding/grading they did last summer:

If you needed to take a piss, Tuesday was a great day:

Where America will officially start becoming great again:
“Death, a necessary end, will come when it will come”
And when it comes, it will come from within.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Hope they are booked!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2oAYGkB3c[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElqRhtSEa4g[/youtube]
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

mrklean wrote:

Sounds familiar.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

mrklean wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I don't care about the Tea Party from 8 years ago. You should be hoping that Trump does what's best for the country. He's a douche but he's our douche.

Kind of like BDK.
That's because he's white and you're a racist.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

mrklean wrote:
Ibanez wrote: He can't be an "EGO."

Good question. I assume that after an eight-year moratorium criticizing the President is treason again? :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
mrklean
Level3
Level3

Post by mrklean »

89Hen wrote:
mrklean wrote:
That's because he's white and you're a racist.
NO he's a DOUCHE Bag and if you can't see this your are the typical loser who voted for this azz hat.
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

houndawg wrote:
mrklean wrote: Where was this the past 8 years? :coffee:
Good question. I assume that after an eight-year moratorium criticizing the President is treason again? :coffee:
During those 8 years, criticizing the President was racist.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mrklean wrote:
89Hen wrote: That's because he's white and you're a racist.
NO he's a DOUCHE Bag and if you can't see this your are the typical loser who voted for this azz hat.
:lol: What's with the 'z' in place of the 's'?