YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Trump adds 235,000 jobs in February

Post by YoUDeeMan »

#TrumpTrain
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Trump adds 235,000 jobs in February

Post by SDHornet »

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/08/private- ... 7-adp.html
Employment in the private sector surged by 298,000 for the month, with goods producers adding 106,000, ADP and Moody's Analytics said. Construction jobs swelled by 66,000 and manufacturing added 32,000.
Article has a good graphic showing the jobs added over the last year. Beat the best month over that span by 40k. If this trend continues then the donks are in major trouble. :nod:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SDHornet wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/08/private- ... 7-adp.html
Employment in the private sector surged by 298,000 for the month, with goods producers adding 106,000, ADP and Moody's Analytics said. Construction jobs swelled by 66,000 and manufacturing added 32,000.
Article has a good graphic showing the jobs added over the last year. Beat the best month over that span by 40k. If this trend continues then the donks are in major trouble. :nod:
It doesn't really matter how silly he acts or who he offends. He's good for business and the vast majority of voters vote with their wallets. :nod:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Still a bit "meh", even though it was higher than the projection of 190k. Let's give things a year or so .... provided Trump isn't impeached, killed with a stiletto heel, or says fvck it and quits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

CID1990 wrote: Let's give things a year or so .... provided Trump isn't...killed with a stiletto heel...
:lol:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

:dunce:
How many were *Furriners* on visas, hired by The Trumptanic to work at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach (the 'Winter White House'); or the Trump Whinery at his Virginia vineyard ??

:rofl:
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Aho Old Guy wrote::dunce:
How many were *Furriners* on visas, hired by The Trumptanic to work at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach (the 'Winter White House'); or the Trump Whinery at his Virginia vineyard ??

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Just like Obama's BS about having "fixed" the economy with no evidence of that in San Joaquin County. There's STILL no evidence of a fixed economy under Trump, though he's only been in office about a month and a half. Both of these guys make me go back to that picture of Bush Jr. claiming "Mission Accomplished."

Yeah, right....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote:Just like Obama's BS about having "fixed" the economy with no evidence of that in San Joaquin County. There's STILL no evidence of a fixed economy under Trump, though he's only been in office about a month and a half. Both of these guys make me go back to that picture of Bush Jr. claiming "Mission Accomplished."

Yeah, right....
You do know the "Mission Accomplished" banner had nothing to do with Bush and everything to do with something that Carrier just completed? Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Can he really claim credit?

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

SuperHornet wrote:Just like Obama's BS about having "fixed" the economy with no evidence of that in San Joaquin County. There's STILL no evidence of a fixed economy under Trump, though he's only been in office about a month and a half. Both of these guys make me go back to that picture of Bush Jr. claiming "Mission Accomplished."

Yeah, right....
Unemployment went form 10% to under 5% during Obama's tenure, you ninny.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Grizalltheway wrote:

Yeah, right....
Don't tell him the past 2 February's posted similar job numbers.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

There is no evidence of any change in any trends in the raw estimates data. There is an article at https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/busi ... .html?_r=0 that provides two nice graphics with respect to that issue. Here they are:

There is no way any reasonable person would interpret those graphs to indicate that the World has suddenly gotten a lot better in association with Trump getting elected.

And right now we're in a time where there is no way to even attempt gauge the effect of actual Trump effects. He hasn't really done anything. Everything is expectation.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I said back when Obama got elected the first time that he was coming in at a good time for him because things were SO bad just before he got elected. It was pretty much a given that they had to get better.

At the same time, though, it's ridiculous to say that Trump came in at a time of economic crisis or that he came in under circumstances anywhere NEAR as bad as those Obama came in under. Trump came in under circumstances where the US economy was doing OK. You can try to spin it to the contrary. But if you do you're just not interested in the objective truth.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/08/private- ... 7-adp.html
Only problem is that's not the official data. The official data show a relatively good job growth month but certainly not one that remarkably stands out in recent history. Also you have to bear in mind that at this point nothing has really been done. To the extent that Trump has had an effect it has to do with expectations among the business community.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Grizalltheway wrote:

Yeah, right....
Wrong. When Obama entered office Jan 09' it was 7.8%. The only reason it dropped was because millions dropped out of the work force.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Jobs numbers are becoming like rounds played, number of days on vacation, travel expenses. Remember when Obama's trip to the orient cost three hundred bajillion dollars? It was a really big fuckimg deal I tells ya!!!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:I said back when Obama got elected the first time that he was coming in at a good time for him because things were SO bad just before he got elected. It was pretty much a given that they had to get better.

At the same time, though, it's ridiculous to say that Trump came in at a time of economic crisis or that he came in under circumstances anywhere NEAR as bad as those Obama came in under. Trump came in under circumstances where the US economy was doing OK. You can try to spin it to the contrary. But if you do you're just not interested in the objective truth.
Please stop talking about the economy. You have no idea what it is, how it works, and how it affects elections.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I said back when Obama got elected the first time that he was coming in at a good time for him because things were SO bad just before he got elected. It was pretty much a given that they had to get better.

Please stop talking about the economy. You have no idea what it is, how it works, and how it affects elections.
Glad we elected a an over-leveraged bankruptcy expert who was born sliding into home.

As CID said, he's a perfect match for us... :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

There ARE ways Trump could be uniquely positioned to make some very positive changes in DC, but they have more to do with his disconnectedness from the political establishment than his business acumen (but that would come into play at least in terms of his ability to recognize inefficiencies)

Trump is going to butt up against the Federal procurement process in just about every one of his signature promises: infrastructure, the wall, the Navy. Especially with the last two he is about to find out first hand why it costs the government so much, and takes so long to build anything.

If Trump leaves office having reformed the procurement system, he'll have done something no politician ever could.

Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2

Post by Aho Old Guy »

{Drops Microphone}
:thumb:
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Aho Old Guy wrote::rofl:
{Drops Microphone}
Before dropping the microphone you should probably add the projected numbers to those. The projected numbers for this year were 190,000.

Either way, the jobs report this time around is certainly more a function of confidence more than anything else. I'll be more interested to see what it looks like this time in 2019.

BTW- I saw somewhere recently that unemployment in the US is more difficult to remedy than it was in the 1930s. This is because today Americans are less inclined to pick up and move to where the jobs are. They want to stay in the places where they grew up (understandable) and the safety net (which didnt exist in the 1930s) makes it marginally possible to decide to stay in place, and unemployed. Those people make up a good portion of the people who drop out of the job market and dont show up in the unemployment numbers.

Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2

Post by Aho Old Guy »

CID1990 wrote:
{Drops Microphone}
Before dropping the microphone you should probably add the projected numbers to those. The projected numbers for this year were 190,000.

Either way, the jobs report this time around is certainly more a function of confidence more than anything else. I'll be more interested to see what it looks like this time in 2019.

BTW- I saw somewhere recently that unemployment in the US is more difficult to remedy than it was in the 1930s. This is because today Americans are less inclined to pick up and move to where the jobs are. They want to stay in the places where they grew up (understandable) and the safety net (which didnt exist in the 1930s) makes it marginally possible to decide to stay in place, and unemployed. Those people make up a good portion of the people who drop out of the job market and dont show up in the unemployment numbers.

I'm just fishin' Cid ;)
It's a simple snapshot in time - nothing more. Without context/examination or 'drilling down' into the #'s threads like this are a waste. Unemployed in the Rust Belt or West By-Gawd couldn't care less.

Locally, folks are sweatin' bullets on Lowes. They're laying off 2,500 'department heads' in stores and cutting 500 corporate jobs in Moorseville ... while hiring 'seasonal' workers paid an hourly wage.

Sometimes you win --- sometimes you lose ...
- John Galt
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

{Drops Microphone}
Wow, the difference is in the third significant digit! :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
{Drops Microphone}

Interesting. But if you have kids there's also a safety net involved with staying close to friends and family.

Of course you and I couldn't be further apart on staying home. I've lived within 8 miles of the house I grew up in for 43 of 46 years and the other three were only 20 miles away. C