Recruit Tre Jones, Apple Valley MN

College Hoops discussion
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Recruit Tre Jones, Apple Valley MN

Post by Gil Dobie »

Watched the Junior almost single handedly win the the Minnesota Big School title last night for Apple Valley. Jones score 24 points and grabbed 18 rebounds. Not bad for a 6'2" point guard, and he also had 5 assist, down from his triple double in the semi-final. The opponents had a 6'9" center headed for Marquette. Jones is the younger brother of Tyus Jones, formerly of Duke and the Minnesota Timberwolves. Hope he stays home in Minnesota, but with his talent, he should have a lot of options.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Recruit Tre Jones, Apple Valley MN

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:Watched the Junior almost single handedly win the the Minnesota Big School title last night for Apple Valley. Jones score 24 points and grabbed 18 rebounds. Not bad for a 6'2" point guard, and he also had 5 assist, down from his triple double in the semi-final. The opponents had a 6'9" center headed for Marquette. Jones is the younger brother of Tyus Jones, formerly of Duke and the Minnesota Timberwolves. Hope he stays home in Minnesota, but with his talent, he should have a lot of options.
Is he as good as big brother???
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Watched the Junior almost single handedly win the the Minnesota Big School title last night for Apple Valley. Jones score 24 points and grabbed 18 rebounds. Not bad for a 6'2" point guard, and he also had 5 assist, down from his triple double in the semi-final. The opponents had a 6'9" center headed for Marquette. Jones is the younger brother of Tyus Jones, formerly of Duke and the Minnesota Timberwolves. Hope he stays home in Minnesota, but with his talent, he should have a lot of options.
Is he as good as big brother???
He's only a Junior, but he can get there. He led Apple Valley to the tittle 2 years ago, with Duke bound Gary Trent Jr. Trent went to prep school this year and Tre did most of the work for Apple Valley. He looks like a better scorer and rebound, where Tyus was a better assist guy.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Is he as good as big brother???
He's only a Junior, but he can get there. He led Apple Valley to the tittle 2 years ago, with Duke bound Gary Trent Jr. Trent went to prep school this year and Tre did most of the work for Apple Valley. He looks like a better scorer and rebound, where Tyus was a better assist guy.
I guess that is something he should work on increasing assist totals.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I guess that is something he should work on increasing assist totals.
Jones is usually the best option on Offense, so he doesn't pass as much as his brother. He has had several triple doubles. He is great at knowing where the ball is going, once it hits the basket or backboard. He's in the top 2 of points scored, rebounds and assists in a season for Apple Valley. His coach says he is pretty close to Tyus.

He has offers from Duke, Arizona, UCLA, Baylor, Oregon, Memphis, Minnesota and Texas Tech
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dal4018 wrote: I guess that is something he should work on increasing assist totals.
Jones is usually the best option on Offense, so he doesn't pass as much as his brother. He has had several triple doubles. He is great at knowing where the ball is going, once it hits the basket or backboard. He's in the top 2 of points scored, rebounds and assists in a season for Apple Valley. His coach says he is pretty close to Tyus.

He has offers from Duke, Arizona, UCLA, Baylor, Oregon, Memphis, Minnesota and Texas Tech
I bet he ends up in Durham with Coach K.