Political discussions
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

John Lasseter is Next

Post by GannonFan »

Well, there's goes another one. John Lasseter, chief creative officer of the widely popular and successful Pixar studios, is taking a leave of absence after a "series of missteps" that including groping and kissing and comments about physical appearance.

The thing I want to know is, does this in any way imperil the release of "Incredibles 2"? Because if it does, I think these people should take a page out of the SNL women's page and just say that John, like Al Franken before him, is a well respected family man and there have to be some people he hasn't harassed or assaulted. :dunce:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rs-1059594
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: John Lasseter is Next

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote:Well, there's goes another one. John Lasseter, chief creative officer of the widely popular and successful Pixar studios, is taking a leave of absence after a "series of missteps" that including groping and kissing and comments about physical appearance.
I think when we get to the point of "comments about physical appearance" that's a bit much.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Again, can’t we just stipulate that all men are pigs and have done something inappropriate and just fucking move on?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

The endpoint of this is going to be the lawsuits over discrimination because your male manage won't be alone with you - when you want to have a meeting he'll insist that there be another person present.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

CID1990 wrote:The endpoint of this is going to be the lawsuits over discrimination because your male manage won't be alone with you - when you want to have a meeting he'll insist that there be another person present.
This is not far off from happening in higher Ed at institutions with draconian sexual harassment policies. It ain't pretty.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Pwns wrote:
CID1990 wrote:The endpoint of this is going to be the lawsuits over discrimination because your male manage won't be alone with you - when you want to have a meeting he'll insist that there be another person present.
This is not far off from happening in higher Ed at institutions with draconian sexual harassment policies. It ain't pretty.
I will NOT be in a room with a closed door and only one other person. Won’t do it.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I had an experience at a former post that I won't detail (I wasn't one of the accused), where a woman left a bunch of sexual assault and harassment allegations in her wake, which she eventually dropped - but not after one military person had been cashiered for adultery (she was married, he was not) and a couple others were raked over the coals

All because she wanted to muddy the water over her own alcohol abuse and fidelity issues -

The moral of the story is don't associate with women you don't know at work, don't socialize with them, ABSOLUTELY don't get into relationships with them (that's been a personal policy of mine since my earliest days), and don't put yourself in situations where they can get you into a he said-she said position.

One day this post will probably be used against me in an EEO complaint for refusing to be alone with a woman in the workplace, but it is the truth, and a sound personal (though unfortunate) policy
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

I was a supervisor in three different factories for about ten years and just about the first thing I did after hiring in was to take the door off of my office for just that reason. That's not what I told the curious but supervising 18 females is no picnic and the office politics of factory workers are not of the subtle variety. I have no problem having a female boss but anybody with that many female subordinates earns a lot more than they're paid.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

houndawg wrote:
I was a supervisor in three different factories for about ten years and just about the first thing I did after hiring in was to take the door off of my office for just that reason. That's not what I told the curious but supervising 18 females is no picnic and the office politics of factory workers are not of the subtle variety. I have no problem having a female boss but anybody with that many female subordinates earns a lot more than they're paid.
Yep. Passed on a CEO job once where I would have had about 90 employees of which 75-80 were female. No way in hell.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

HI54UNI wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Yep. Passed on a CEO job once where I would have had about 90 employees of which 75-80 were female. No way in hell.
I read this as bar manager of a strip joint. 8-)
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

AZGrizFan wrote:Again, can’t we just stipulate that all men are pigs and have done something inappropriate and just fucking move on?
Agreed, what about kids?
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Pwns wrote:
I will NOT be in a room with a closed door and only one other person. Won’t do it.
Afraid you'll get bent over by a man and actually enjoy it?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

CAA Flagship wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
I read this as bar manager of a strip joint. 8-)
:lol:

Close. A couple of hints what field it was in.

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote:
houndawg wrote:
They did always bake me cookies after a grievance meeting
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky