Vikings vs. Eagles / NFC Championship Game

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Vikings vs. Eagles / NFC Championship Game

Post by Chizzang »

and so it begins...

Jeezus Vikings favored..?
How could that be possible
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Vikings vs. Eagles / NFC Championship Game

Post by clenz »

Vikings have the best defense in the league.
Foles isn’t Drew Brees
Foles isn’t even Keenum as strange of a comp as that would’ve been 4 months ago.

No idea who wins. After yesterday us Vikings fans are due for 70 more years of utter heartbreak. Things like that don’t happen to us without major consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

I think most Eagles fans didn't want to see Drew Brees come to town. Lots of things pointed in Philly's direction. The whole team & the town have embraced the Rocky/underdog mantra. The Linc is a tough, tough place to play. The defense averages letting up 13 points a game at home. Take away the punt "muff" and the defense allowed the Falcons 3 points on Saturday night - think about that - "Matty Ice", Julio Jones & crew - 3 points.

Eagles have never lost a home playoff game as an underdog & are 3-0 lifetime in the playoffs vs the Vikes. The last time the Eagles made the Super Bowl in '05, the teams they beat to get there - Minnesota & Atlanta.

Welcome Vikings to the pit of misery - Philly Dilly....
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

clenz wrote:Vikings have the best defense in the league.
Foles isn’t Drew Brees
Foles isn’t even Keenum as strange of a comp as that would’ve been 4 months ago.

No idea who wins. After yesterday us Vikings fans are due for 70 more years of utter heartbreak. Things like that don’t happen to us without major consequences.
Watched the game last night with some diehard Vikings fans and the expressions on their faces as the 4th quarter progressed went from resignation of another heartbreak loss to WTF. I have never seen a group of people more speechless in just what happened. Pretty sure one of them still doesn't believe it happened and it is all a cruel trick by the football gods.

That said, I agree with you on it is anybody's game. Vikings on cloud 9 vs. the Eagles. As long as the Patriots don't win I am good.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Winterborn wrote:
clenz wrote:Vikings have the best defense in the league.
Foles isn’t Drew Brees

Watched the game last night with some diehard Vikings fans and the expressions on their faces as the 4th quarter progressed went from resignation of another heartbreak loss to WTF. I have never seen a group of people more speechless in just what happened. Pretty sure one of them still doesn't believe it happened and it is all a cruel trick by the football gods.

That said, I agree with you on it is anybody's game. Vikings on cloud 9 vs. the Eagles. As long as the Patriots don't win I am good.
The first thing I did this am was literally check twitter to make sure it actually happened and wasn’t just some sort of actual wet dream.

I was so in shock I wouldn’t have even had a cool reaction video taken. I was literally speechless for over an hour after the game. Didn’t have any words of any kind

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

clenz wrote:
Winterborn wrote:

The first thing I did this am was literally check twitter to make sure it actually happened and wasn’t just some sort of actual wet dream.

I was so in shock I wouldn’t have even had a cool reaction video taken. I was literally speechless for over an hour after the game. Didn’t have any words of any kind.
Somebody in the group (non-Vikings fan) did try to take a reaction video, just didn't turn out the way they hoped. Everybody was speechless and just standing there. Would of made a great still shot though. titled "Reactions of Viking fans to a Playoff Win".
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I was Case Keenum celebrating the second TD

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Eagles the home dog again. I can live with that. Vikes don't have the offense to blow this thing open so this game will be close throughout. Homefield advantage is real, with the crowd noise, with the grass field, and with the weather (won't be frigid by Saturday, gametime temp will probably be in the 40's with the late start). Both teams with very good defenses and suspect offenses. Maybe the first team to 10 points wins.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Good Vikings win, usually they get heart broken in the NFC Championship game or super bowl, but it's been 40 years since the last Super Bowl for them.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vikings 20
Eagles 19

I won't even watch. Vikings are headed back to be the first team to ever host a Super Bowl. Eagles don't have a prayer.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Perhaps it's just me... But
If Foles doesn't throw any interceptions the Eagles win this game
The Vikings are the PERFECT match for the Eagles
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:Perhaps it's just me... But
If Foles doesn't throw any interceptions the Eagles win this game
The Vikings are the PERFECT match for the Eagles
You lie.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

It really sucks for any true football fans that the weather in both CCGs is going to be balmy by late January on the NE I-95 corridor standards. Both games look to be played in upper 40s temps.

Would have been cool to put soft Florida and dome teams out in some weather.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:It really sucks for any true football fans that the weather in both CCGs is going to be balmy by late January on the NE I-95 corridor standards. Both games look to be played in upper 40s temps.

Jags didn't look soft, though, playing in the cold that was Pittsburgh yesterday. They have the type of game (strong defense, run the ball, pass only when you have to) that does well in the cold.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:It really sucks for any true football fans that the weather in both CCGs is going to be balmy by late January on the NE I-95 corridor standards. Both games look to be played in upper 40s temps.

Jags didn't look soft, though, playing in the cold that was Pittsburgh yesterday. They have the type of game (strong defense, run the ball, pass only when you have to) that does well in the cold.
You lie.

Florida. Dome. Soft.

Oh shit, wait. I thought you were Chizzang.

Yeah, you're right.

Hey, serious question. Are the Steelers afraid to fire Tomlin because he's black?
Last edited by 93henfan on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
You lie.

Florida. Dome. Soft.
Well, they were playing the Steelers, who are soft themselves (despite no dome or Florida) so maybe they just looked tougher relatively speaking?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
You lie.

Florida. Dome. Soft.
Well, they were playing the Steelers, who are soft themselves (despite no dome or Florida) so maybe they just looked tougher relatively speaking?
Go back and see my edit.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

Yo how lit is Lincoln Financial Field going to be on Sunday when they flash the score of the Jaguars beating the Patriots right before kickoff?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bluehenbillk wrote:Yo how lit is Lincoln Financial Field going to be on Sunday when they flash the score of the Jaguars beating the Patriots right before kickoff?
Should the Eagles happen to upset the Vikings, I'd much rather have a chance to avenge the 2004 season Super Bowl loss to the admitted cheating Patriots of that season.

I mean, a championship's a championship, but think back to the Phillies in 2008. It would have been even sweeter to beat the Yankees or BoSox instead of the Rays.

Florida sports teams (other than the Dolphins) just feel cheap to me. It's an expansion state. And their fans all suck. They're second only to California in the crappy fans department.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

93henfan wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:Yo how lit is Lincoln Financial Field going to be on Sunday when they flash the score of the Jaguars beating the Patriots right before kickoff?
Should the Eagles happen to upset the Vikings, I'd much rather have a chance to avenge the 2004 season Super Bowl loss to the admitted cheating Patriots of that season.

I mean, a championship's a championship, but think back to the Phillies in 2008. It would have been even sweeter to beat the Yankees or BoSox instead of the Rays.

Florida sports teams (other than the Dolphins) just feel cheap to me. It's an expansion state.
Yea if the Eagles win the Super Bowl nobody is going to care who it was against. If we'd had won multiple Super Bowls before I'm with your point - but come 2018 just win.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bluehenbillk wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Florida sports teams (other than the Dolphins) just feel cheap to me. It's an expansion state.
Yea if the Eagles win the Super Bowl nobody is going to care who it was against. If we'd had won multiple Super Bowls before I'm with your point - but come 2018 just win.
Conversely, when they lose the Super Bowl (and they will if they get there - you know it and so do I), it will hurt less to lose to the Patriots as well.

Losing to Jacksonville in the Super Bowl would be at least ten suicides in Philly in the next 24 hours. Losing to Brady again would just be a couple.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:
Conversely, when they lose the Super Bowl (and they will if they get there - you know it and so do I), it will hurt less to lose to the Patriots as well.

Losing to Jacksonville in the Super Bowl would be at least ten suicides in Philly in the next 24 hours. Losing to Brady again would just be a couple.

:rofl: ^ that is funny...

And BTW: I don't see the Eagles winning as an "upset"
They look like a better team than Minnesota
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
You lie.

Florida. Dome. Soft.

Yeah, you're right.

Hey, serious question. Are the Steelers afraid to fire Tomlin because he's black?
Yes

They are wanting to fire Haley since they put up 545 yards and 2 points on the best defense in the NFL.......makes sense because hes the whitegoat.....................

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
You lie.

Florida. Dome. Soft.

Yeah, you're right.

Yes

They are wanting to fire Haley since they put up 545 yards and 2 points on the best defense in the NFL.......makes sense because hes the whitegoat.....................
I already knew the answer, but was just checking if anyone beside you had the courage to answer.

Black coaches are kept waaaaaay too long in the NFL when they underachieve: Art Shell, Denny Green, Herm Edwards, Romeo Crennel and the poster child: Marvin Lewis

There's obviously a reason for that.

Also, is Andy Reid part black?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I dont think Tomlin should be fired nor Haley but they might want to look at the DC position. They just lost to a MUCH better team and that game wasnt as close as the score indicated.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe