Vikings vs. Eagles / NFC Championship Game

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Vikings vs. Eagles / NFC Championship Game

Post by Chizzang »

If you replaced Antonio Brown (and his 3 or 4 circus catches a game)
with a regular NFL caliber receiver...
The Steelers would be 8-8

The only reason the Steelers were even in that game was the TD catches by Brown
Catches that NOBODY in the NFL makes and he makes 3 or 4 a game

Without Brown that game is 45-21 Jags
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chizzang wrote:If you replaced Antonio Brown (and his 3 or 4 circus catches a game)

Their division is fairly weak this year. 2 games against Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Chizzang wrote:If you replaced Antonio Brown (and his 3 or 4 circus catches a game)

Their division is fairly weak this year. 2 games against Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore.
FWIW, they did beat the Titans, Vikings, Chiefs and Pats (yes, that was a TD).
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
The game against the Vikings was Keenums first start when it was decided 10 minutes before the game Case would start.

Vikings are 13-2 since then...FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Yes, "it should have been a TD" but according to NFL rules (which are retarded) it is not
A player going to the ground on a catch must survive the ground
Regardless of location on the field including endzone and out of bounds

:nod:

But yes, in my opinion that rules is a little silly
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Great stuff from @JClarkNBCS just now on @970WDAY. Advises, in all seriousness, Vikings fans heading to Philadelphia to not wear Vikings gear. Says Philly police are readying for possible celebration on Sunday night.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Great stuff from @JClarkNBCS just now on @970WDAY. Advises, in all seriousness, Vikings fans heading to Philadelphia to not wear Vikings gear. Says Philly police are readying for possible celebration on Sunday night.
John Clark is a typical airhead frat douche. He is also not on the pulse of the Philadelphia sports fan. Probably my least favorite Philly TV sports reporter. I'm not sure how he keeps his job, honestly.

#1. Opposing fans other than Dallas fans are perfectly safe at The Linc.
#2. Of course there'll be a celebration if the Eagles win the NFCCG, though nothing like if they won the Super Bowl. The city survived the Phillies in 2008 just fine. Mostly, people just gather at the major intersections of the various parts of the city and turn over a car or two and then it's over in an hour. Kind of like EVERY OTHER LARGE CITY after a sports achievement.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Gil Dobie wrote:Great stuff from @JClarkNBCS just now on @970WDAY. Advises, in all seriousness, Vikings fans heading to Philadelphia to not wear Vikings gear. Says Philly police are readying for possible celebration on Sunday night.
To be fair the possible celebration sites they talk about in that report are in Mayfair, which is a section in Northeast Philly, about a 20 minute drive from the Sports Complex in South Philly. Vikings fans can wear their gear, nothing physical will happen unless you get obnoxious, but be fully prepared to face a verbal barrage of all sorts from the time you emerge from your vehicle to the time you get back in it after the game. The anticipation level for Sunday is extremely high. Fans were generally nervous before the Atlanta game, they're euphoric right now. The weather will be seasonably warmer on Sunday & with a 6:40pm game the alcohol intake will be near record highs.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

bluehenbillk wrote:
To be fair the possible celebration sites they talk about in that report are in Mayfair, which is a section in Northeast Philly, about a 20 minute drive from the Sports Complex in South Philly. Vikings fans can wear their gear, nothing physical will happen unless you get obnoxious, but be fully prepared to face a verbal barrage of all sorts from the time you emerge from your vehicle to the time you get back in it after the game. The anticipation level for Sunday is extremely high. Fans were generally nervous before the Atlanta game, they're euphoric right now. The weather will be seasonably warmer on Sunday & with a 6:40pm game the alcohol intake will be near record highs.
Verbal abuse toward Vikings fans:

1. Sand Norskies
2. Lutefisk lickers
3. Thor thuckers
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:
Verbal abuse toward Vikings fans:

1. Sand Norskies
2. Lutefisk lickers
3. Thor thuckers
North Dakotan call them Rabbit Chokers.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Make Delaware Football Great Again
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Philly fans sound great. I can’t imagine why anyone would have a bad opinion of them

Basically the city and police said the purge will happen. They will let it happen. They warned you. Your fault if you have injuries or damage done.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

clenz wrote:Philly fans sound great. I can’t imagine why anyone would have a bad opinion of them

Basically the city and police said the purge will happen. They will let it happen. They warned you. Your fault if you have injuries or damage done.
:suspicious: :dunce: :tothehand: Where does it say they will let it happen? Matter of fact they specifically say they will be present and they will be enforcing open container laws. The rest sounds like good advice.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Yeah, big cities suck. It's really just a matter of degrees. :coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Grizalltheway wrote:Yeah, big cities suck. It's really just a matter of degrees. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Grizalltheway wrote:Yeah, big cities suck. It's really just a matter of degrees. :coffee:
What, Missoula doesn't do this when they win the Rocky Mountain Oyster eating national championship?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

89Hen wrote:
What, Missoula doesn't do this when they win the Rocky Mountain Oyster eating national championship?
No. They had a celebratory joint.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

clenz wrote:Philly fans sound great. I can’t imagine why anyone would have a bad opinion of them

Ah yes, the tired Philly-is-bad story. How original.

Hey, did you know they boo'ed a skinny, alcoholic stand-in Santa once... in the 60's? The horror!!

FYI, here is the intersection in question (Cottman and Frankford in the Northeast) in real-time when the Phils won the World Series, and the passion for the Phils, while great, pales in comparison to the Eagles love in Philly:

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think the fact that the Vikings are in the championship game is pretty obviously a fluke and the Eagles don't have their starting quarterback. The announcers made a big deal about the Eagles' backup quarterback but they only scored 15 points. Obviously they won that game with defense under circumstances where they were playing a dome team in cold, windy conditions.

One thing that was weird about the Saints/Vikings game is that the Saints' quarterback looked so bad early on that I thought he must've had a hand injury or something. The ball was coming out wobbling and such. I don't know what the deal was.

Then all of a sudden in the second half that wasn't happening and he pretty much sliced the Vikings up. If he's have played in the first half like he did in the second the Saints would've won in a blowout.

I think that, assuming the Patriots win, the Saints would've been the toughest matchup for them. The Super Bowl is going to be in a dome and I don't think either the Eagles without Wentz or the Vikings as they are will present the problems to the Patriots' defense that the Saints would have.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:I think the fact that the Vikings are in the championship game is pretty obviously a fluke and the Eagles don't have their starting quarterback. The announcers made a big deal about the Eagles' backup quarterback but they only scored 15 points. Obviously they won that game with defense under circumstances where they were playing a dome team in cold, windy conditions.

One thing that was weird about the Saints/Vikings game is that the Saints' quarterback looked so bad early on that I thought he must've had a hand injury or something. The ball was coming out wobbling and such. I don't know what the deal was.

Then all of a sudden in the second half that wasn't happening and he pretty much sliced the Vikings up. If he's have played in the first half like he did in the second the Saints would've won in a blowout.

I think that, assuming the Patriots win, the Saints would've been the toughest matchup for them. The Super Bowl is going to be in a dome and I don't think either the Eagles without Wentz or the Vikings as they are will present the problems to the Patriots' defense that the Saints would have.
This season:
With 5 minutes left in the game it was 36-13 Patriots over Saints in a cake walk...
The Saint scored a garbage time TD against the second string with a minute left

I assure you... The Patriots weren't worried about the Saints

Running quarterbacks that can drop back and pass
and monster defensive lines are what beat the patriots
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I think the fact that the Vikings are in the championship game is pretty obviously a fluke and the Eagles don't have their starting quarterback. The announcers made a big deal about the Eagles' backup quarterback but they only scored 15 points. Obviously they won that game with defense under circumstances where they were playing a dome team in cold, windy conditions.

This season:
With 5 minutes left in the game it was 36-13 Patriots over Saints in a cake walk...
The Saint scored a garbage time TD against the second string with a minute left

I assure you... The Patriots weren't worried about the Saints

Running quarterbacks that can drop back and pass
and monster defensive lines are what beat the patriots
The Saints obviously started the season poorly. But at the end of the season they had the offense among the final four in the NFC with the most potential to cause problems for the Patriots.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Heart says Minnesota since I have some family there. Head says Eagles defense carries the day. Should be a good game either way.