Vikings vs. Eagles / NFC Championship Game

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Vikings vs. Eagles / NFC Championship Game

Post by 93henfan »

The crowds look surprisingly well-behaved.

Saving it up for the mother upset in two weeks.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Total domination. Wasn't expecting that...but of course the vikes had no business even being in the NFC title game.

Should be an interesting SB.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Old Dominion gets it's first Super Bowl participant in Eagles LS Rick Lovato.
Oh, and to top that, he is a Jersey Shore native.
:thumb: :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Old Dominion gets it's first Super Bowl participant in Eagles LS Rick Lovato.
Oh, and to top that, he is a Jersey Shore native.
:thumb: :thumb:
You probably just whipped up a hex that will ruin a chip shot game-winner in SB LII. :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Complete aside...

Jr and I went to the Flyers/Caps game in DC before watching the Eagles. Wore Jr's Wentz jersey to the game and started talking to one of the regular beer vendors at the arena. He and his buddy selling next to him were headed to the Linc immediately after the second intermission of the hockey game to sell beer there for the NFCCG game. :suspicious: Are these union jobs and/or do you really make that much money to travel 2.5 hours up 95 to make it worth it? Maybe they just wanted to see the game live.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:Complete aside...

Jr and I went to the Flyers/Caps game in DC before watching the Eagles. Wore Jr's Wentz jersey to the game and started talking to one of the regular beer vendors at the arena. He and his buddy selling next to him were headed to the Linc immediately after the second intermission of the hockey game to sell beer there for the NFCCG game. :suspicious: Are these union jobs and/or do you really make that much money to travel 2.5 hours up 95 to make it worth it? Maybe they just wanted to see the game live.
It's a cult. :nod:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Vikings fans are pissed at Eagles fans. Expect to here some bad pub coming from Vikings fans treating Eags fans bad during Super Bowl visit.

They didn't like the F ck Millie sign at the Linc. Millie is thier 99 year old fan that was on the news.

I'm going to make there is lots of popcorn around to watch the fireworks.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Gil Dobie wrote:Vikings fans are pissed at Eagles fans. Expect to here some bad pub coming from Vikings fans treating Eags fans bad during Super Bowl visit.

They didn't like the F ck Millie sign at the Linc. Millie is thier 99 year old fan that was on the news.

Vikings fans weren't so innocent - there is video out today of a Vikings fan (a woman wearing those pigtail things) being thrown out of the game & spitting on Eagles fans as she goes....
https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia- ... -114056795
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

bluehenbillk wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Vikings fans are pissed at Eagles fans. Expect to here some bad pub coming from Vikings fans treating Eags fans bad during Super Bowl visit.

Vikings fans weren't so innocent - there is video out today of a Vikings fan (a woman wearing those pigtail things) being thrown out of the game & spitting on Eagles fans as she goes....
Being a Packers I know very well how they act.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

bluehenbillk wrote:

:lol: I love the asshat that says "usually it's 90% good people and 10% bad, but this was the exact opposite, 90% bad..." GMAFB. I have NEVER been to a Redskins home game where I haven't seen at least two fights, doesn't matter the opponent on the field.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:
:lol: I love the asshat that says "usually it's 90% good people and 10% bad, but this was the exact opposite, 90% bad..." GMAFB. I have NEVER been to a Redskins home game where I haven't seen at least two fights, doesn't matter the opponent on the field.
You'd want to fight too if your team sucked since the Clinton inauguration, played in a bland, inaccessible concrete shithole, and your owner was Dan Snyder. They are a perpetual dumpster fire. I feel sorry for Andy and Flaggy. Not bandle.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Fun fact:

Rookie pass-rusher Derek Barnett of the Eagles strip-sacked Vikings quarterback Case Keenum on Sunday, a huge play in the first half leading to a Philadelphia touchdown.

The Eagles traded quarterback Sam "Sleeves" Bradford to Minnesota on the weekend before the 2016 season began, and Philadelphia got a 2017 first-round pick in return. That pick, 14th overall, was the one used by Philly to take Barnett.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: :lol: I love the asshat that says "usually it's 90% good people and 10% bad, but this was the exact opposite, 90% bad..." GMAFB. I have NEVER been to a Redskins home game where I haven't seen at least two fights, doesn't matter the opponent on the field.
You'd want to fight too if your team sucked since the Clinton inauguration, played in a bland, inaccessible concrete shithole, and your owner was Dan Snyder. They are a perpetual dumpster fire. I feel sorry for Andy and Flaggy. Not bandle.
Some of Jr's Redskin fan friends were already posting Sunday night that they'd be rooting for the Pats because of their hate for the Iggles. I told him to tell them "I remember when the Skins were relevant in my lifetime (19+years)... oh wait, I don't."

Skins fans are absolutely terrified of the Eagles winning the SB. That's the only thing they try to hold over our heads down here. It actually used to work... 20 years ago.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

89Hen wrote:
Skins fans are absolutely terrified of the Eagles winning the SB. That's the only thing they try to hold over our heads down here. It actually used to work... 20 years ago.
Same with Cowboys & Giants fans...
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

You guys might be surprised how many folks are NOT rooting for the Eagles...
They aren't a particularly likable bunch as many have already noted

Damn near everybody wanted the Falcons to win last year
But somehow the Eagles have managed to NOT garner as much of a sympathetic response
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:You guys might be surprised how many folks are NOT rooting for the Eagles...

But somehow the Eagles have managed to NOT garner as much of a sympathetic response
You might be surprised that we're actually not surprised. Do you think any of us Eagles fans give a rats ass if a Packers fan doesn't like us?

This will go down as one of the two worst SB's for fans of other teams. The other was Seahawks/Pats, but that was the players that brought that on IMO.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:You guys might be surprised how many folks are NOT rooting for the Eagles...

You might be surprised that we're actually not surprised. Do you think any of us Eagles fans give a rats ass if a Packers fan doesn't like us?

This will go down as one of the two worst SB's for fans of other teams. The other was Seahawks/Pats, but that was the players that brought that on IMO.
True ^

:lol:

:nod:

It kind of surprised me how much active Eagles dislike there is...
I don't really look at NFL football like most people I think
Because I'm into coaches and schemes and systems I wasn't really aware of the Eagles distaste out there

When I think of the Eagles I think if Jim Schwartz and Frank Reich
and Ertz and Blount and that defensive line...

What's not to like..?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The sports media (based primarily in NYC, Connecticut, and Washington DC — hmmmm, who might they be fans of?) has been relentlessly anti-Philly since there’s been sports media.

We’re accustomed to it. We get to hear the same tired lines every year, and watch new fan bases each year (hi, Minnesota) pretend like they’re the first to be dissed.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Another really comical (and predictable) response to an Eagles big game loss are the memes that get retread each year. CID has a trove of them, just waiting for our viewing pleasure for the hundredth time.

I’ll pretend I haven’t seen them all already, so he’ll feel clever. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:It kind of surprised me how much active Eagles dislike there is...
Because I'm into coaches and schemes and systems I wasn't really aware of the Eagles distaste out there

What's not to like..?
Much of the hate is perceived and not first hand. People love to talk about the Santa incident, but few actually know what it really was or how long ago it was. Others love to talk about the "jail" in the old Veterans Stadium without acknowledging that half of NFL stadiums have a lock-up. Throw in the fact that Philly fans revel in the hate thrown their way and it all adds up to a fan base that is just like any other, except they love the attention.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:It kind of surprised me how much active Eagles dislike there is...

What's not to like..?
Much of the hate is perceived and not first hand. People love to talk about the Santa incident, but few actually know what it really was or how long ago it was. Others love to talk about the "jail" in the old Veterans Stadium without acknowledging that half of NFL stadiums have a lock-up. Throw in the fact that Philly fans revel in the hate thrown their way and it all adds up to a fan base that is just like any other, except they love the attention.
There is some truth to it. For one thing, every Philly team has played in the same South Philadelphia location for 46 years now. How many other towns can say they have four major sports teams in the city limits, and within walking distance of some of the most fervent Italian-American neighborhoods in the country?

Fuhgeddaboudit!
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

89Hen wrote: Throw in the fact that Philly fans revel in the hate thrown their way and it all adds up to a fan base that is just like any other, except they love the attention.
Change “Philly” to “New England/Boston”...

What’s the difference?
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Throw in the fact that Philly fans revel in the hate thrown their way and it all adds up to a fan base that is just like any other, except they love the attention.
Change “Philly” to “New England/Boston”...

What’s the difference?
:nod:
They’re pretty similar, with equal hatred for NY. Both very knowledgeable, probably moreso than anywhere outside the Northeast 95 corridor.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Another thing about the NE I-95 corridor is that pro football is king here, like college football is in the south.

That’s why these two Super Bowl teams are so much better than other matchups of recent years. These two teams are the big deal in town.

Eagles even more than the Pats. NE probably still places the Sox ahead of them. The Eagles are, no question, team numero uno in Philly. NFL draft gets five times the coverage of MLB opening day here in April. Eagles talk is year round on sports radio.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:Eagles even more than the Pats. NE probably still places the Sox ahead of them. The Eagles are, no question, team numero uno in Philly. NFL draft gets five times the coverage of MLB opening day here in April. Eagles talk is year round on sports radio.
Same in DC. There's not a month in a calendar year that doesn't have dominant Skins coverage.