Trump says his State of the Union viewership was 'the highest number in history.'

Political discussions
VictorG
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Trump says his State of the Union viewership was 'the highest number in history.'

Post by VictorG »

I knew this was going to happen. Must have been all those people at his inauguration!!

I just don't get what he thinks he is accomplishing by continually fabricating stuff and I'm sure he's aware of what he's saying. Maybe more believers in his "Fake News" crap?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/trump-s ... wrong.html
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Trump says his State of the Union viewership was 'the highest number in history.'

Post by GannonFan »

VictorG wrote:I knew this was going to happen. Must have been all those people at his inauguration!!

I just don't get what he thinks he is accomplishing by continually fabricating stuff and I'm sure he's aware of what he's saying. Maybe more believers in his "Fake News" crap?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/trump-s ... wrong.html
He's a master troller. SOTU was what, Tuesday night, and here we are with yet another thread talking about it. He may be a buffoon, but he knows how to suck up all the media attention. Like I said, a master troller.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: Trump says his State of the Union viewership was 'the highest number in history.'

Post by Grizalltheway »

Kim Jong Trump.
VictorG
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by VictorG »

GannonFan wrote: He's a master troller. SOTU was what, Tuesday night, and here we are with yet another thread talking about it. He may be a buffoon, but he knows how to suck up all the media attention. Like I said, a master troller.
That's my conclusion as well. Any pub is good pub in his mind I guess. Wants to stay in peoples mind and on their lips....
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Billions watched, get over it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

It's comical how everyone gets all out of sorts to these things. I thought that "words mean things" went out with Obama...

"Just words...just words..."
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

It was the highest number for a SOTU in the history of his presidency. 8-)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:It was the highest number for a SOTU in the history of his presidency. 8-)
Yes, indeed. Danger of peaking too early.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Billions watched, get over it.

I heard 7.6 billion. :nod:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote:It's comical how everyone gets all out of sorts to these things. I thought that "words mean things" went out with Obama...

His tweets read like Alphagriz posts.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote:
andy7171 wrote:It's comical how everyone gets all out of sorts to these things. I thought that "words mean things" went out with Obama...

Was that a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: He's a master troller. SOTU was what, Tuesday night, and here we are with yet another thread talking about it. He may be a buffoon, but he knows how to suck up all the media attention. Like I said, a master troller.
Nunes is his troll apprentice. This never-ending memo tease better be worth it. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

VictorG wrote:I just don't get what he thinks he is accomplishing
oh my god the irony

think about it

He accomplished publicity, lots o teeth gnashing coverage

You starting thread is the perfect metaphor

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Was that a shot?

No. I enjoy both of their work and the reactions to it.

What’s equally entertaining is watching people defend Trump.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

It's win-win-win.

He looks like a stupid fuck, which is hilarious.

He gets the left's panties in a twist because they're powerless to do anything about it, so they gradually escalate the outrage over whatever he's done lately

And then you get the mental gymnastics from his supporters who have explain, rationalize and "But Hilary"-deflect all of the stupid shit he does down the never-ending rabbit hole he takes them
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Trump says his State of the Union viewership was 'the highest number in history.'

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:

You guys wouldnt like my Twitter account..............most of you couldnt handle it

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Trump says his State of the Union viewership was 'the highest number in history.'

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
kalm wrote:
You guys wouldnt like my Twitter account..............most of you couldnt handle it

This guy gets it... :lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Trump lies a lot more than Obama does/did. A lot more than Hillary does/did too.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Silenoz wrote:
He gets the left's panties in a twist because they're powerless to do anything about it, so they gradually escalate the outrage over whatever he's done lately
We'll see if they are powerless to do anything about it when we have the 2018 elections. If the Democrats take control of the House of Representatives Trump's life will become absolutely miserable. Right now I see that as somewhere near a 50:50 proposition. I think that unless something changes most people are going to want to see the Democrats take over the House. But the Republicans have done a good job of gerrymandering at the State level.

It's clear that most people do not approve of Trump. Also clear that the Republican Party is more unpopular than the Democrat Party is. Right now anyway. We'll see if that changes as time goes on between now and next November.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

The Nielson chart says "TV audiences". Does this include streaming, including from mobile devices? If it does, NBC should state it. If it doesn't, their report would be fake news, because "viewership" would include streaming, and a large chunk of the population only watches streaming.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:NBC said "...sixth-most-watched address to a joint session of Congress..." Wrong. According to the Nielson chart they provided, it was the 7th most watched to a joint session of Congress.

Trump states in his tweet SOTU speeches. Not all speeches to joint sessions of Congress are SOTU speeches. The 1st one a POTUS gives shortly after he is inaugurated, typically the most watched one to a joint session of Congress, isn't a SOTU speech. Clinton in 93', Obama in 09' and Trump in 17' all had higher viewership #s according to Nieleson, but weren't SOTU speeches. So Trump's SOTU speech had the the 4th highest SOTU viewership on record according to Nielson. So fake news by NBC.

The Nielson chart says "TV audiences". Does this include streaming, including from mobile devices? If it does, NBC should state it. If it doesn't, their report is even more fake news, because "viewership" would include streaming, and a large chunk of the population only watches streaming.

So Trump was wrong here, and so was NBC..
I realize those on the right have been attacking Politifact because Politifact doesn't paint a picture they like. But here is the Politifact take on the matter:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... t-history/
That wasn’t a record, though. Trump came in sixth in total State of the Union viewers since Nielsen began collecting the data in 1993. George W. Bush garnered 62 million viewers in 2003; Bill Clinton 53 million in 1998; W. Bush 51.8 million in 2002; Obama 48 million in 2010; and Clinton 45.8 million in 1994.
Obviously, Bush wasn't giving his initial address to Congress in 2002 or 2003 since he took office in 2001. Obviously, Bill Clinton wasn't giving his initial address to Congress in 1994 or 1998. And, obviously, Obama wasn't giving his initial address to Congress in 2010.
Could I ever be a star?

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Silenoz wrote:It's win-win-win.

He looks like a stupid fuck, which is hilarious.

And then you get the mental gymnastics from his supporters who have explain, rationalize and "But Hilary"-deflect all of the stupid shit he does down the never-ending rabbit hole he takes them

^ Thread /

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Yep, and just think you get to rant about him for 7 more years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Silenoz wrote:It's win-win-win.

He looks like a stupid ****, which is hilarious.

And then you get the mental gymnastics from his supporters who have explain, rationalize and "But Hilary"-deflect all of the stupid **** he does down the never-ending rabbit hole he takes them
That's all good but you missed the cream of the jest - watching the party of law and order and the FBI taking each other down. How does it get any better than that? If only J. Edgar were around to see it...:thumb:

You know the conks have to be dirty as hell when they elect to hold to the last man backing Trump... :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Silenoz wrote:
We'll see if they are powerless to do anything about it when we have the 2018 elections. If the Democrats take control of the House of Representatives Trump's life will become absolutely miserable. Right now I see that as somewhere near a 50:50 proposition. I think that unless something changes most people are going to want to see the Democrats take over the House. But the Republicans have done a good job of gerrymandering at the State level.

It's clear that most people do not approve of Trump. Also clear that the Republican Party is more unpopular than the Democrat Party is. Right now anyway. We'll see if that changes as time goes on between now and next November.
Yeah. To think we all were fooled by you saying you were a Libertarian. :lol:

Republican Gerrymandering, :rofl: , take a look at Maryland. :rofl: :dunce: