Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who You Got?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Patriots
44%
Eagles
56%

Total votes: 25

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:Three arrests in that violent mob of hundreds of thousands.

Police Commissioner must have said, “let ‘em play!”
They expect more arrests later this week.
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/0 ... o-looting/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Minnesota if the Vikings do anything.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Yup, 100k to 200k people, mostly having consumed alcohol for at least 4 hours and mostly in their late teens and 20's, spontaneously party on Broad Street over something like 20-30 city blocks, and all that happens is an awning collapses, 2 or 3 traffic lights get damaged, a single car gets flipped over, and a store window gets broken. And most of the folks who did those things videoed themselves doing it and are being brought in. All in all, pretty tame. The parade should be a good time.
Its was more than 2-3 traffic lights..
"..And by the end of the night, nearly all of the light poles on the east side of City Hall had been toppled..."
http://www.philly.com/philly/super-bowl ... 80204.html
It wasn't just 'a store window'. Macy's alone had multiple windows broken.

I agree it wasn't that bad considering the circumstances, but it was enough to be all over the national media (& even some international). I was actually expecting it to be worse.
It's always overstated. Heck, how many light poles are on the east side of City Hall? City Hall sits on one square block, and the there are basically one or two traffic lights on any one side of City Hall. So yeah, saying 2-3 traffic lights could be the same as saying nearly all the lights on the east side of City Hall. I saw on the BBC a story and it basically read as if the whole city was burning, there was mass looting, and the city was demolished. Of course, none of that happened, but journalism, even at a respected institution like the BBC, is no longer concerned a great deal with accuracy.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I don't see the city burning.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Video evidence of Eagles fans putting Minnesota fan under burning car. ;)

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:Minnesota if the Vikings do anything.

We don't know, the Vikings haven't done anything before. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:Minnesota if the Vikings do anything.

Too soon.

As an Eagles fan, I will not pile on. We know such pain.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Too soon.

As an Eagles fan, I will not pile on. We know such pain.
How soon you forget, them bashing the Philly fans after the NFC Championship. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

This Eagles fan took his seat home on the plane.

Link

MARCUS CERTA, .
The man had his newfound souvenir strapped to his carry-on suitcase when he pulled up a seat next to Marcus Certa in the gate area.

A Philadelphia Eagles fan scored an ill-gotten souvenir Sunday when he ripped off a purple plastic seat from U.S. Bank Stadium following Super Bowl LII. His act soon went viral.

He slipped it out of the stadium, sneaked it past security on the busiest day ever at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on Monday and on to an American Airlines flight. While he got away, cameras caught him in the act and shared the evidence online.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:This Eagles fan took his seat home on the plane.

Link

MARCUS CERTA, .
The man had his newfound souvenir strapped to his carry-on suitcase when he pulled up a seat next to Marcus Certa in the gate area.

A Philadelphia Eagles fan scored an ill-gotten souvenir Sunday when he ripped off a purple plastic seat from U.S. Bank Stadium following Super Bowl LII. His act soon went viral.

He slipped it out of the stadium, sneaked it past security on the busiest day ever at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on Monday and on to an American Airlines flight. While he got away, cameras caught him in the act and shared the evidence online.
Marcus Certa = Tattle Tale.

Guy gets away with the souvenir of a lifetime and a whiny, Midwest-soft, Vikings fan decides to rat him out on social media. What happened to the hearty, salt of the Earth fans from Minnesota who, when Metropolitan Stadium saw its last Vikings game saw hordes of fans help speed up the demolition project by removing everything they could reasonably carry out of the stadium? Moving indoors has ruined the Minnesota fanbase. Bud Grant must be so disappointed. :ohno:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:This Eagles fan took his seat home on the plane.

Link

MARCUS CERTA, .

Guy gets away with the souvenir of a lifetime and a whiny, Midwest-soft, Vikings fan decides to rat him out on social media. What happened to the hearty, salt of the Earth fans from Minnesota who, when Metropolitan Stadium saw its last Vikings game saw hordes of fans help speed up the demolition project by removing everything they could reasonably carry out of the stadium? Moving indoors has ruined the Minnesota fanbase. Bud Grant must be so disappointed. :ohno:
You are too sensitive Ganny. No big deal about taking the seat, and it's great to see pictures of the deed. It will make the seat more valuable with this provenance. Sounds like Certa was from Vermont.

Met stadium was demolished shortly after the last Vikings game, US Bank stadium is 2 years old. Apples and oranges. I actually bought several thousand Met stadium seats from a park district about 15 years ago. Sold all of them for good money.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Snitches get stitches.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

You are too sensitive Ganny. No big deal about taking the seat, and it's great to see pictures of the deed. It will make the seat more valuable with this provenance. Sounds like Certa was from Vermont.

Met stadium was demolished shortly after the last Vikings game, US Bank stadium is 2 years old. Apples and oranges. I actually bought several thousand Met stadium seats from a park district about 15 years ago. Sold all of them for good money.
Eh, that's what insurance is for. I don't think the place will fall down for the absence of a seat or two.

And did I read that correctly, several thousand seats you bought? Where did you keep them all before reselling them?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Eh, that's what insurance is for. I don't think the place will fall down for the absence of a seat or two.

And did I read that correctly, several thousand seats you bought? Where did you keep them all before reselling them?

My partner had most of them stacked in his small town back yard, and I had a garage full.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

The dumbass should have put it in a plastic bag. :ohno: :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Merrill cam. Hahah, at 2:55 (the Brady fumble), Merrill turns from broadcaster to fan. He's just shaking. :lol: (I was jumping across my living room)

phpBB [video]
Last edited by 93henfan on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
I don't buy that - sure, Boston fans were saying he's just a fierce competitor. Everyone else were just coming to the realization that Brady's a bit of an arrogant jerk, you know, the Patriot Way. 8-)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I don't buy that - sure, Boston fans were saying he's just a fierce competitor. Everyone else were just coming to the realization that Brady's a bit of an arrogant jerk, you know, the Patriot Way. 8-)
Brady's a classless thug.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

93henfan wrote:Merrill cam. Hahah, at 2:55 (the Brady fumble), Merrill turns from broadcaster to fan. He's just shaking. :lol: (I was jumping across my living room)

phpBB [video]
Good for Merrill, after all those years of announcing awful Iggle teams (and some good but ultimately disappointing ones as well). Merrill Reese, Harry Kalas, Gene Hart - it was great growing up listening to some of the best in the business...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Merrill cam. Hahah, at 2:55 (the Brady fumble), Merrill turns from broadcaster to fan. He's just shaking. :lol: (I was jumping across my living room)

phpBB [video]
The best. Period.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:

phpBB [video]
The best. Period.
:tothehand: :tothehand:
I get that you have long ties to his voice and calls, but let's pump the brakes here. That video is proof of how poorly he paints the picture on the live calls for his radio audience.
Kickoff returner fields kick and begins running and gets pushed out of bounds. No mention if he went left or right.
Field goal attempt. No mention of where ball is spotted relative to the hash marks.
No mention of Burton receiving the pitch from Clement and throwing the TD pass from Foles....