dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: March Madness 2018

Post by dal4018 »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:#16 Baltimore County absolutely DESTROYS #1 UVGay 74-54.

I don't watch college basketball much. How in the hell was UVA a #1 & Baltimore Co only a #16? I watched the 2nd half. and Baltimore Co was so much better than UVA. It wasn't even close.
I had UVA winning in one of my brackets. Wtf??!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not anymore!!!!
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

I don't watch college basketball much. How in the hell was UVA a #1 & Baltimore Co only a #16? I watched the 2nd half. and Baltimore Co was so much better than UVA. It wasn't even close.
Wow - and I didn't even think UMBC was the best team in Baltimore County, let alone Maryland...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

dal4018 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I had UVA winning in one of my brackets. Wtf??!!!

Not anymore!!!!
My other bracket, with Duke winning, is 93% correct so far

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

UVGay? You realize your school is known for making football games look like a pride parade, right?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Missed 9 on my best bracket, good year to watch games.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Rob Iola wrote:

Wow - and I didn't even think UMBC was the best team in Baltimore County, let alone Maryland...
UVA’s defense is terrible. Or at least it was the 2nd half last night. Baltimore County 53 points 2nd half. Went through the UVA defense like it wasn’t even there.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Grizalltheway wrote:

UVGay? You realize your school is known for making football games look like a pride parade, right?
It’s a Va thing. UVGay- a bunch of elitist snobs.

With their shirts like referring to them vs Va Tech as ‘culture vs agriculture’, ‘all dirt road lead to Va Tech’, referring to JMU as ‘Just Missed UVA’.

They don’t have a campus, they have ‘The Grounds’.
They don’t have freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors. They have 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year..
They wear ties to football games, link arms and sway to their faggoty school anthem.

If you hung out on their campus in the 90s you could cut the air of their sweater vest wearing, Zima drinking, elitist snobbery with a knife. Night and day from the friendly vibe you got from hanging out at VT.

UVA in football will play the other Virginia I-AAs W&M, UR, and VMI. But de spite JMU & UVA only being 50+ miles apart, ever since JMU beat them in 1982 (JMU’s 3rd year if I-AA football) it is a well known fact that they have refused to reschedule JMU (last time the 2 schools played was 1983) even though JMU has wanted to play them. No other public P5 within 3 hours (VT, UNC, NC St, UMD, JMU, WVU) has ducked JMU like they have. Bunch of pussies.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Rob Iola wrote:

We beat them by 25 or something. The American East is a joke of a conference. But god damn! I have to give the University of Catonsville credit. They routed them good. Still a sterile school with out a football team.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

UConn's women only beat SFPA by 88 points, so there are some clear signs of cracking in the Auriemma dynasty. :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

BDKJMU wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: UVGay? You realize your school is known for making football games look like a pride parade, right?

With their shirts like referring to them vs Va Tech as ‘culture vs agriculture’, ‘all dirt road lead to Va Tech’, referring to JMU as ‘Just Missed UVA’.

They don’t have freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors. They have 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year..
They wear ties to football games, link arms and sway to their faggoty school anthem.

If you hung out on their campus in the 90s you could cut the air of their sweater vest wearing, Zima drinking, elitist snobbery with a knife. Night and day from the friendly vibe you got from hanging out at VT.

UVA in football will play the other Virginia I-AAs W&M, UR, and VMI. But de spite JMU & UVA only being 50+ miles apart, ever since JMU beat them in 1982 (JMU’s 3rd year if I-AA football) it is a well known fact that they have refused to reschedule JMU (last time the 2 schools played was 1983) even though JMU has wanted to play them. No other public P5 within 3 hours (VT, UNC, NC St, UMD, JMU, WVU) has ducked JMU like they have. Bunch of pussies.
Fair enough. I have a coworker who went there and he's pretty down to earth. But he's from MT.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: UVGay? You realize your school is known for making football games look like a pride parade, right?

I guess you didn’t get in, then. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The probability is never zero.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: It’s a Va thing. UVGay- a bunch of elitist snobs.

I guess you didn’t get in, then. :coffee:
Never applied.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote:UVA’s defense is terrible. Or at least it was the 2nd half last night. Baltimore County 53 points 2nd half. Went through the UVA defense like it wasn’t even there.
UVA has one of the best defenses in college basketball.

Sometimes shit happens. First time this shit has happened. But, UVA does normally have a great defense.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I guess you didn’t get in, then. :coffee:
Never applied.
Pretty whiny rant for a guy with no skin in the game.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3

Post by Rob Iola »

BDKJMU wrote:

Hat tip to you guys beating us (VT, not UD - you guys could do that in your sleep) in Blacksburg a few years back.

One decent thing about UVA though is that they've got so much money that you can literally start any club and get insane amounts of money from the student activities fund by simply keeping a journal. I told my kids (now proud VCU and VT grads) that they should go there, start a new secret society called the "8"s, spraypaint 8s all over campus, apply for $888K in funding, and when asked what it's for respond with "it's a secret, but it promotes diversity." They'd probably get it...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:

I had a good friend who went to JMU first, transferred to W&M and then got his masters at UVA. He was not an elitist, he didn't wear sweater vests, and he didn't drink Zima.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: It’s a Va thing. UVGay- a bunch of elitist snobs.

I had a good friend who went to JMU first, transferred to W&M and then got his masters at UVA. He was not an elitist, he didn't wear sweater vests, and he didn't drink Zima.
UVgay fans made a road trip up to Towson for a lacrosse game. They got fucking abused in the stands with their knit ties and sweaters over the shoulders. I didn’t think students still dressed that way. I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

FYI: UMBC isn't the first. FCS Harvard pulled this back in '98....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3

Post by Rob Iola »

SuperHornet wrote:FYI: UMBC isn't the first. FCS Harvard pulled this back in '98....
...and then after the game they fixed up a mess of tasty sandwiches and pies for the press box buffet - the BEIN Sports stringer covering the game was very appreciative...
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SuperHornet wrote:FYI: UMBC isn't the first. FCS Harvard pulled this back in '98....
Elaborate. Everything I'd heard before this year was that a 16 seed had never beaten a 1 seed. And I Googled the 1998 NCAA basketball tournament to check. Looked at several links it it looks like Harvard was not in that tournament. Here's one example:

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasket ... yyear/1998

Did a "find" on "Harvard" and got "No matches."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Elaborate. Everything I'd heard before this year was that a 16 seed had never beaten a 1 seed. And I Googled the 1998 NCAA basketball tournament to check. Looked at several links it it looks like Harvard was not in that tournament. Here's one example:

Think gender.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

AshevilleApp wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Think gender.
Just "think" would be a good start.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

AshevilleApp wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Think gender.
Yes the women from Harvard in '98 led by WNBA first round choice Allison Feaster knocking off Stanford.