2018 Major League Baseball Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: 2018 Major League Baseball Season

Post by CAA Flagship »

Stats of the day:
Yankees 11
Rays 4

Didi Gregorius 4-for-4, 3 runs scored, 8 RBI's, 2 HR's, 1 Double, 1 Single, 1 Walk
Giancarlo Stanton 0-for-5, 5 strikeouts

:shock: :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Indeed, Minnesota used to be a virtual paradise on Earth at the end of March/start of April before all this climate change happened. :rofl:
Last year we had 10 days of 60 degrees, from what I heard. Ice was already off the lake. This year it might be off by fishing opener, first weekend in May.
This is why I love winter in Charleston.

Most years it falls on a Wednesday
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote:
89Hen wrote: Nats might.
4-0

Nats four starters go: 25.1 innings, 4 ER, 30 K, 4 BB :notworthy:

No pressure on AJ Happ to keep it going. :shock:
So yeah. AJ COLE (not sure why I said Happ :dunce: ) didn't quite have the same results.

3.2 IP, 10 ER, 4 K, 3 BB

Guess the Nats will try somebody else in the 5 spot.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

89Hen wrote:
89Hen wrote: 4-0

Nats four starters go: 25.1 innings, 4 ER, 30 K, 4 BB :notworthy:

No pressure on AJ Happ to keep it going. :shock:
So yeah. AJ COLE (not sure why I said Happ :dunce: ) didn't quite have the same results.

3.2 IP, 10 ER, 4 K, 3 BB

Guess the Nats will try somebody else in the 5 spot.
That was awful last night. :ohno: Not even the 3-run spot his team gave him before he even stepped on the mound helped.
I watched his last spring training game (or maybe his second to last) and he looked awful then too. I was hoping that he was just working some things out, maybe trying new locations/speeds or whatever. But nope.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

Fuck some of the unwritten rules in baseball.

No bunting in the ninth on a shift when you're down 7-0? Fuck off, that's exactly when I'm laying down a bunt because I'm still trying to win and apparently our team hasn't done so well up to that point swinging the bats.

No bunting when the opposite pitcher has a no-go going into the ninth? I don't care what the score is, if I have to bunt to get on base and ruin the no-no, hell yeah I'm doing that. I don't want my team to be on the wrong end of a no-hitter. And I'm also still trying to win, no matter how long the odds are.

These are professional athletes. They are paid to win games (or to entertain, depending on your viewpoint).
They should be trying to win down to the very last at-bat.
They are doing themselves and the fans a disservice by not trying to win until the absolute very end.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Nice work, MLB. Two of the four largest TV markets in the country, and you don't air the game on television in either market. Facebook only. WTF?

https://www.app.com/story/sports/2018/0 ... 487442002/
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

93henfan wrote:Nice work, MLB. Two of the four largest TV markets in the country, and you don't air the game on television in either market. Facebook only. WTF?

Wah, MLB is already becoming the Yankees TV network. There are teams in other areas of the country

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

css75 wrote:
93henfan wrote:Nice work, MLB. Two of the four largest TV markets in the country, and you don't air the game on television in either market. Facebook only. WTF?

Wah, MLB is already becoming the Yankees TV network. There are teams in other areas of the country

What? Your post makes no sense. This has nothing to do with the Yankees or “other areas of the country.”

This is a game that wasn’t shown on the Mets or the Phillies networks because of a stupid MLB agreement with FaceBook.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

93henfan wrote:
css75 wrote:

What? Your post makes no sense. This has nothing to do with the Yankees or “other areas of the country.”

This is a game that wasn’t shown on the Mets or the Phillies networks because of a stupid MLB agreement with FaceBook.

Was merely stating albeit not clearly, that the Yankees and other East Coast teams dominate National Tv coverage and Western teams are generally ignored except the Dodgers.

bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

93henfan wrote:
css75 wrote:

The NFL broadcast two games this year that outside of local markets were available only on Yahoo or Twitter and I didn't hear you complain....

The Facebook thing was a lot about nothing to be honest. The people that were complaining were people at work, and guess what, assuming they had Facebook, which most of them do, like myself, we were able to watch the game. If it was a regular broadcast they would have either A: had to follow the ESPN Game Cast or B: watch on the shitty NBC Sports app.

The only people with a legitimate gripe are retirees that don't use social media, but then again, unless you were listening to sports talk radio and these old-timers calling into complain you would've never heard them....
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Meet one of next years big buck free agents.

Minnesota Twins second baseman Brian Dozier, hit 145 Home Runs the last 5 years, that includes 34 last year and 42 the year before. Twins being the Twins, and didn't sign him before the season. Only has 4 home runs so far this year.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bluehenbillk wrote:
93henfan wrote:

The NFL broadcast two games this year that outside of local markets were available only on Yahoo or Twitter and I didn't hear you complain....

The Facebook thing was a lot about nothing to be honest. The people that were complaining were people at work, and guess what, assuming they had Facebook, which most of them do, like myself, we were able to watch the game. If it was a regular broadcast they would have either A: had to follow the ESPN Game Cast or B: watch on the shitty NBC Sports app.

The only people with a legitimate gripe are retirees that don't use social media, but then again, unless you were listening to sports talk radio and these old-timers calling into complain you would've never heard them....
You just said the NFL games were shown in the local TV markets. Huge difference.

By the way, I was off of work yesterday and I don’t have wired broadband to my house, so FB wasn’t an option. Again, your point is blown up.

The solace is that the Phillies suck balls anyway, and apparently have a new manager who can’t coach his way out of a wet cardboard box.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

93henfan wrote: By the way, I was off of work yesterday and I don’t have wired broadband to my house, so FB wasn’t an option. Again, your point is blown up.

The solace is that the Phillies suck balls anyway, and apparently have a new manager who can’t coach his way out of a wet cardboard box.

Agree 100% that Kapler seems like a bust they should just fire now. You mean to tell me in 2018 you can't access the internet from your house via a laptop or a phone?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bluehenbillk wrote:
93henfan wrote: By the way, I was off of work yesterday and I don’t have wired broadband to my house, so FB wasn’t an option. Again, your point is blown up.

Agree 100% that Kapler seems like a bust they should just fire now. You mean to tell me in 2018 you can't access the internet from your house via a laptop or a phone?
I have a 4G hotspot and data is too expensive for streaming. Remember, I don’t live in the liberal urban bubble.

I think you’re beginning to understand why the FB deal is stupid.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

Do you have running water?
Indoor plumbing?
Paved driveway?
Cable TV?
Single or double wide?

:)

You could always goto Sambo's, they have TV's & internet there.....
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bluehenbillk wrote:Do you have running water?
Indoor plumbing?
Paved driveway?
Cable TV?
Single or double wide?
Yes (well)
Yes (septic)
No, it’s a quarter mile long
Satellite (Dish Network)
Two homes (not trailers) on five acres
Too many guns to count (was that a question?)
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Gil Dobie wrote:Meet one of next years big buck free agents.

Minnesota Twins second baseman Brian Dozier, hit 145 Home Runs the last 5 years, that includes 34 last year and 42 the year before. Twins being the Twins, and didn't sign him before the season. Only has 4 home runs so far this year.

Dozier is one of the most under rated players in the game, hopefully they resign him.

Rockies signed Blackmon thru 2021 and two player options after that which could keep him there thru age 36. He is always well conditioned and he should be ok thru 36.

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Dbacks rally to tie the Doyers with two outs in the 9th, win in the 15th in the longest game, time-wise in Chase Field history.

I think Arizona could be a real sleeper this year, I know it's still ridiculously early but they are one of my "favorites" (I use that term lightly being a Rockies fan) to challenge the Dodgers for the West. Should be a fun race.

We are off to a good start - sweeping the Doyers helps. Beating Clayton Kershaw is great. Having Jansen blow a three-run lead and beating them is even better.
:thumb:
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Feeling better about Rockies starters after Gray 7 scoreless last night and 6 for Anderson today. It was against the Padres but still ........

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Twins win home opener. 40 degrees was the peak temp.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

I think Arizona could be a real sleeper this year, I know it's still ridiculously early but they are one of my "favorites" (I use that term lightly being a Rockies fan) to challenge the Dodgers for the West. Should be a fun race.

We are off to a good start - sweeping the Doyers helps. Beating Clayton Kershaw is great. Having Jansen blow a three-run lead and beating them is even better.
8-) 8-)
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Very cold in Denver today for their home opener.

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

css75 wrote:Very cold in Denver today for their home opener.

Looks like the delay is over. Go Rockies
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

The Tigers are 4-4 after today! Rebuild hell, this is just a reload! ;)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Nats might not win another game.