CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Maybe appoint more people who are actually deserving of a clearance. Should speed things up again for everybody.

Speaking of which, Kushner is still leaving out **** from his clearance form. He's had to update it to correct information at least 40 **** times over more than a year. :rofl: :suspicious:
https://www.propublica.org/article/whoo ... al-filings
Holding up appointees has little these days to do with if someone is deserving or not - both parties have been very good about continuing down the rabbit hole of sticking it to the other party when it comes to these things - GOP did it to the Dems, Dems did it to the GOP but better, GOP then went further again when it was their turn to do it to the Dems, and now the Dems have stepped it up even more. This is how we end up with nuclear options in the Senate and going with majority rule. I think we're going to keep going in that direction and the "advise and consent" will be just that.
This isn't about the confirmation process - it is about the security clearance process. The subject of the article was already a cleared DoD official who is going through a reclearance for a new position - and being held up for some fairly questionable reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Official

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Maybe appoint more people who are actually deserving of a clearance. Should speed things up again for everybody.

Speaking of which, Kushner is still leaving out **** from his clearance form. He's had to update it to correct information at least 40 **** times over more than a year. :rofl: :suspicious:
https://www.propublica.org/article/whoo ... al-filings
You obviously didn't read the article.
I'd rather not give ZeroHedge the click.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Why?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
The article is actually from the Wall Street Journal, I linked ZeroHedge so people wouldn't hit the paywall.

I was actually hoping youd disparage the "source"... thanks

:coffee:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Why?
Because it might challenge his snowflake, bubble-boy worldview.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Copy what you want and link to the WSJ. ZeroHedge is an alt-right cesspool along with Breitbart, InfoWars, etc.

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Copy what you want and link to the WSJ. ZeroHedge is an alt-right cesspool along with Breitbart, InfoWars, etc.

Since when? :suspicious:

Im pretty sure it was originally a bunch of anonymous Wall Street insiders all posting under the pseudonym Tyler Durden, reacting to the corruption of the 2008 crash.

Maybe it’s changed but initially it was a decent homage to the concept of Durden.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Copy what you want and link to the WSJ. ZeroHedge is an alt-right cesspool along with Breitbart, InfoWars, etc.

The article is a verbatim, credited repost of the WSJ article.

Nice diversion, but the way to avoid paywalls is to google the first few lines of a WSJ or NYT byline and then see who has reposted it.

If you didn’t read it (see, I was right... again and again) then why make an assumption and comment on it?

At least JSO reads first
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

This President does nothing but get things done. :clap:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:This President does nothing but get things done. :clap:
GREATEST

PRESIDENT

EVER

#TrumpTrain
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

WRONG! Trump is going to start WW3 with NK!
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:
WRONG! Trump is going to start WW3 with NK!
WW4. We're still engaged in WW3. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

It's a great accomplishment, but it's nothing new to any administration. :?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
It's a great accomplishment, but it's nothing new to any administration. :?
But this administration can't do anything right according to your comrades. So it actually is pretty special. :kisswink:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Somebody forgot to tell the Norks we aren't to be trusted because we reneged on the Iran deal.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Pwns wrote:Somebody forgot to tell the Norks we aren't to be trusted because we reneged on the Iran deal.
I think it's possible Trump is getting played right now. Having North Korea release hostages is not unprecedented. So far the only thing that is unprecedented is a US President agreeing to meet with the North Koreans. Any US President in the past could have done so. That's what the North Koreans have wanted and in the past US Presidents have refused. So it's not like Trump has accomplished something by getting a meeting with the North Korean leader.

We'll see what happens in the negotiations. But if Trump is the negotiator we do not have a highly competent person involved so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Pwns wrote:Somebody forgot to tell the Norks we aren't to be trusted because we reneged on the Iran deal.
I think it's possible Trump is getting played right now. Having North Korea release hostages is not unprecedented. So far the only thing that is unprecedented is a US President agreeing to meet with the North Koreans. Any US President in the past could have done so. That's what the North Koreans have wanted and in the past US Presidents have refused. So it's not like Trump has accomplished something by getting a meeting with the North Korean leader.

We'll see what happens in the negotiations. But if Trump is the negotiator we do not have a highly competent person involved so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.
North Korea has accidentally destroyed their own Nuclear Facility under "Mount-Nuke"
It's buried under a quarter mile of nuclear reactive highly irradiated rubble

Why would we bother talking to them now, They've neutered themselves

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

North Korea has accidentally destroyed their own Nuclear Facility under "Mount-Nuke"
It's buried under a quarter mile of nuclear reactive highly irradiated rubble

Why would we bother talking to them now, They've neutered themselves

We're talking to them so that a certain someone can take credit for neutering them. Just like any good opportunist (i.e. politician) would do.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pretty cool. His preaching style will be a shock for the royals. But, I guess he will tone it down some. :lol:

Shared a beer with him back when he was Bishop of NC.
Meet the American who will preach at the royal wedding

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's relationship is transatlantic, and now their wedding ceremony will be too. Kensington Palace announced Saturday that Bishop Michael Curry, the first African American to preside over the Episcopal Church, will deliver a sermon at the couple's wedding on May 19.

Curry does not know the couple personally, said Neva Rae Fox, a spokeswoman for the Episcopal Church, but he will meet them before the ceremony.

“It was my understanding that given the fact that he was the first African American bishop and is a wonderful preacher and speaker, it would be appropriate for him to be invited to speak,” Fox told The Washington Post. “The bishop is honored and thrilled to be participating.”

Curry, installed as leader of the U.S.-based member of the Anglican Communion on Nov. 1, 2015, is socially progressive and his sermons often focus on social justice; they are also often funny and highly theatrical.

Curry is the son of the late Rev. Kenneth Curry, an outspoken civil rights activist who helped bring an end to segregated schools in Buffalo. Curry has followed in his father's activist footsteps. As bishop in North Carolina, he was one of the first to allow same-sex marriages to be performed in churches there. He has often drawn parallels between the black and LGBT civil rights movements.

The issue of same-sex marriage is one that has led to a conflict between Episcopalians and the greater Anglican Communion. In summer 2015, the Episcopal Church voted to allow gay couples to be married in religious ceremonies. The archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, said at the time that such a decision “will cause distress for some and have ramifications for the Anglican Communion as a whole, as well as for its ecumenical and interfaith resolutions.” And in January 2016, the Anglican Communion announced it would suspend the Episcopal Church from key voting positions for three years due to its upholding of the same-sex marriage decision.

Curry spoke in defense of same-sex marriage. “I stand before you as a descendant of African slaves, stolen from their native land, enslaved in a bitter bondage, and then even after emancipation, segregated and excluded in church and society,” Curry said after the 2016 decision. “And this conjures that up again, and brings pain.”

Despite their differences over the issue of gay rights, Welby, who as the symbolic head of the worldwide Anglican Communion will be officiating the wedding, tweeted that he is “thrilled” Curry will preach at the royal wedding. “He is a brilliant pastor, stunning preacher and someone with a great gift for sharing the good news of Jesus Christ,” he said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 46ed6d09b1
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Pretty cool. His preaching style will be a shock for the royals. But, I guess he will tone it down some. :lol:

Shared a beer with him back when he was Bishop of NC.
Meet the American who will preach at the royal wedding

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's relationship is transatlantic, and now their wedding ceremony will be too. Kensington Palace announced Saturday that Bishop Michael Curry, the first African American to preside over the Episcopal Church, will deliver a sermon at the couple's wedding on May 19.

Curry does not know the couple personally, said Neva Rae Fox, a spokeswoman for the Episcopal Church, but he will meet them before the ceremony.

“It was my understanding that given the fact that he was the first African American bishop and is a wonderful preacher and speaker, it would be appropriate for him to be invited to speak,” Fox told The Washington Post. “The bishop is honored and thrilled to be participating.”

Curry, installed as leader of the U.S.-based member of the Anglican Communion on Nov. 1, 2015, is socially progressive and his sermons often focus on social justice; they are also often funny and highly theatrical.

Curry is the son of the late Rev. Kenneth Curry, an outspoken civil rights activist who helped bring an end to segregated schools in Buffalo. Curry has followed in his father's activist footsteps. As bishop in North Carolina, he was one of the first to allow same-sex marriages to be performed in churches there. He has often drawn parallels between the black and LGBT civil rights movements.

The issue of same-sex marriage is one that has led to a conflict between Episcopalians and the greater Anglican Communion. In summer 2015, the Episcopal Church voted to allow gay couples to be married in religious ceremonies. The archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, said at the time that such a decision “will cause distress for some and have ramifications for the Anglican Communion as a whole, as well as for its ecumenical and interfaith resolutions.” And in January 2016, the Anglican Communion announced it would suspend the Episcopal Church from key voting positions for three years due to its upholding of the same-sex marriage decision.

Curry spoke in defense of same-sex marriage. “I stand before you as a descendant of African slaves, stolen from their native land, enslaved in a bitter bondage, and then even after emancipation, segregated and excluded in church and society,” Curry said after the 2016 decision. “And this conjures that up again, and brings pain.”

Despite their differences over the issue of gay rights, Welby, who as the symbolic head of the worldwide Anglican Communion will be officiating the wedding, tweeted that he is “thrilled” Curry will preach at the royal wedding. “He is a brilliant pastor, stunning preacher and someone with a great gift for sharing the good news of Jesus Christ,” he said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 46ed6d09b1
Yes, but is he MAGA-ing?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

They can't really trust us less than they already do...which is exactly 0%.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
They can't really trust us less than they already do...which is exactly 0%.
Do we want to be trusted by a country like North Korea?

What would that look like, I wonder?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: They can't really trust us less than they already do...which is exactly 0%.
Do we want to be trusted by a country like North Korea?

What would that look like, I wonder?

What’s wrong with being trustworthy? Asking for a friend...