Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
It's a good thing that voters are more concerned with the economy than anything else.
Yes you can troll me on that and I will respond. In the 2016 election it wasn't that a lot of people didn't care about the economy. They did.

In exit polling, when people were asked which was most important between foreign policy, immigration, the economy, and terrorism the economy was by far the one most people chose. 52% said the economy was most important. Terrorism was a distant second at 18%.

The problem is with saying that Trump won because of the economy. That's because, among that 52% who said the economy was most important, Clinton won by 52% to 41%.

Meanwhile, among the 18% who said terrorism was most important, Trump won by 57% to 40%. And among the 13% who said immigration was most important, Trump won by 64% to 33%.

It's not that the economy wasn't an important issue. It's that it's NOT the reason Trump got enough votes to get an electoral college win. What the left calls "Xenophobia" is what got Trump over the top.
Too long

Didn't read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I was listening to Trumps news conference this afternoon. We all know he only speaks in hyperbolic phrases - but honestly his conferences are useless. THey provide no information. It's just ramblings.
And this is different than other Presidents?
Oh yes. Bush and Obama actually said things.

When asked about denuclearzation
I do. I have a very strong idea how it takes place, and it must take place. That's what we're talking about, it must take place. So -- but I have a very strong idea and I have very strong opinions on the subject.

I also have very strong opinions that North Korea has a chance to be a great country. And it can't be a great country under the circumstances that they're living right now. But North Korea has a chance really to be a great country.
Trump doesn't speak to deliver information.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote: And this is different than other Presidents?
Oh yes. Bush and Obama actually said things.

I do. I have a very strong idea how it takes place, and it must take place. That's what we're talking about, it must take place. So -- but I have a very strong idea and I have very strong opinions on the subject.

I also have very strong opinions that North Korea has a chance to be a great country. And it can't be a great country under the circumstances that they're living right now. But North Korea has a chance really to be a great country.
He's simply not smart enough to. :nod:

I wouldn't have said that during the presidential primary but it's become evident at this point.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Oh yes. Bush and Obama actually said things.

I wouldn't have said that during the presidential primary but it's become evident at this point.
No wonder Penn won’t have anything to do with him! :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Yes you can troll me on that and I will respond. In the 2016 election it wasn't that a lot of people didn't care about the economy. They did.

In exit polling, when people were asked which was most important between foreign policy, immigration, the economy, and terrorism the economy was by far the one most people chose. 52% said the economy was most important. Terrorism was a distant second at 18%.

The problem is with saying that Trump won because of the economy. That's because, among that 52% who said the economy was most important, Clinton won by 52% to 41%.

Meanwhile, among the 18% who said terrorism was most important, Trump won by 57% to 40%. And among the 13% who said immigration was most important, Trump won by 64% to 33%.

It's not that the economy wasn't an important issue. It's that it's NOT the reason Trump got enough votes to get an electoral college win. What the left calls "Xenophobia" is what got Trump over the top.
Too long

Didn't read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter with respect to what the truth is. The truth is the truth whether you are aware of it or not. It's as noted in that thread in the Locker room about that philosopher guy.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

We have a really, really corrupt person as President right now. And we have a big problem in that there are people who are supporting him. It's really bad and indefensible at this point.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Bad News For Dems: Household Income Hits All-Time High Under Trump … And He's Getting Credit For It

A new report shows that the median household income has climbed 3% since President Trump took office. It's another sign of a strong economy, and at least one poll shows the public credits Trump for the good news. Should Democrats wave bye to the Blue Wave?

Median household income has been steadily increasing under Trump, rising from $59,471 in January 2017 to $61,483 last month, according to Sentier Research, which tracks income on a monthly basis using census data.

This also means that household income is now higher than it's been in at least 50 years — after adjusting for inflation.

This is a sharp turnaround from the Obama years. Sentier data show that median household income was the same when President Obama left office as when he arrived. Under Obama, household incomes continued to fall steeply for two full years after the recession officially ended, and then took four years to make up that lost ground. Incomes then flatlined again, posting no overall gain between August 2015 and December 2016.....”
https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... -optimism/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote: Under Obama, household incomes continued to fall steeply for two full years after the recession officially ended, and then took four years to make up that lost ground. Incomes then flatlined again, posting no overall gain between August 2015 and December 2016.....”
Fake news. JSO said that Trump's election win was not because of the economy. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

So...we won't be making North Korea great again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/trump-s ... lled-.html
President Donald Trump has canceled his historic summit in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un next month.

The meeting, which would have marked the first face-to-face encounter between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader, was set for June 12.

"Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting," Trump wrote in a letter to Kim, which was released Thursday morning.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:So...we won't be making North Korea great again.

President Donald Trump has canceled his historic summit in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un next month.

The meeting, which would have marked the first face-to-face encounter between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader, was set for June 12.

"Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting," Trump wrote in a letter to Kim, which was released Thursday morning.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

So if anybody wants to get in on the official WH medallion, now's the time:

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/prod ... DoQAvD_BwE

8-)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Ibanez wrote:So...we won't be making North Korea great again.

The first thing I thought of was, well - we’ll be hearing about Kim in Beijing again in a couple weeks
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Image
The first thing I thought of was, well - we’ll be hearing about Kim in Beijing again in a couple weeks
How many people really expected this love fest to happen on June 12, with no false starts and no saber-rattling bluster? :roll:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
How many people really expected this love fest to happen on June 12, with no false starts and no saber-rattling bluster? :roll:
TBH- I think the approach we are on is the right one, but it might not yield much more than the old make nice for food aid angle did

The whole Kim model is built on this national Confucian filial piety run amok model - and if getting Kim to the table for real results is even possible, it is going to require ignoring bluster from the Norks that may be impossible to ignore.

Kim staying in power is predicated him taking a no compromise approach with their mortal enemy - and that means for real progress, it might mean making it look like Kim won.... that’s a non starter for this President
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: How many people really expected this love fest to happen on June 12, with no false starts and no saber-rattling bluster? :roll:
TBH- I think the approach we are on is the right one, but it might not yield much more than the old make nice for food aid angle did

The whole Kim model is built on this national Confucian filial piety run amok model - and if getting Kim to the table for real results is even possible, it is going to require ignoring bluster from the Norks that may be impossible to ignore.

Kim staying in power is predicated him taking a no compromise approach with their mortal enemy - and that means for real progress, it might mean making it look like Kim won.... that’s a non starter for this President
The psychological profile on Trump and Kim jong is identical

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Oh yes. Bush and Obama actually said things.

But he's smart enough to outwit the FBI, DOJ, and CIA on Russian collusion? Hmmm, something doesn't fit.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Under Obama, household incomes continued to fall steeply for two full years after the recession officially ended, and then took four years to make up that lost ground. Incomes then flatlined again, posting no overall gain between August 2015 and December 2016.....”
Fake news. JSO said that Trump's election win was not because of the economy. :coffee:
This. :coffee:

:lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:

But he's smart enough to outwit the FBI, DOJ, and CIA on Russian collusion? Hmmm, something doesn't fit.
:lol: :lol:

Ah, the leftist conundrum rears its ugly head again... :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: How many people really expected this love fest to happen on June 12, with no false starts and no saber-rattling bluster? :roll:

To Ivy: Not sure why it was crazy to think that the meeting would happen. But thinking anything would come of it would be crazy.

Trump is actually playing this great.
By saying that NoKo would benefit economically puts Kim in a bind. Not that the NoKos can do anything about it, but it will show other countries with better access to world news that there are economic options on the table for their regimes. And that they are getting screwed if they don't take it.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:Bad News For Dems: Household Income Hits All-Time High Under Trump … And He's Getting Credit For It

A new report shows that the median household income has climbed 3% since President Trump took office. It's another sign of a strong economy, and at least one poll shows the public credits Trump for the good news. Should Democrats wave bye to the Blue Wave?

Median household income has been steadily increasing under Trump, rising from $59,471 in January 2017 to $61,483 last month, according to Sentier Research, which tracks income on a monthly basis using census data.

This also means that household income is now higher than it's been in at least 50 years — after adjusting for inflation.

This is a sharp turnaround from the Obama years. Sentier data show that median household income was the same when President Obama left office as when he arrived. Under Obama, household incomes continued to fall steeply for two full years after the recession officially ended, and then took four years to make up that lost ground. Incomes then flatlined again, posting no overall gain between August 2015 and December 2016.....”
The economy thing and Trump getting credit for it is a problem for Democrats and that's why they need to counter it. And they can at least try because they've got the data to do it. This, for example:

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/dsh ... erspective
Last week the Census Bureau released its annual report on household income data for 2016. Last year the median (middle) average household income rose to $59,149, a 4.1% increase over 2015 and a record high. The median average income adjusted for inflation is also at a record high, above the peak of $58,882 set in 2000.
So the article you linked says median household income grew by 3% since Trump took office 1 year and 4+ months ago while the article I linked says that it grew by 4.1% over the shorter time period defined by the last full year during which Obama was in office.

Once again, we have the continuation of an upward trend that was previously in place. Here is a graphic of inflation adjusted median household income over time from https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEHOINUSA672N:

As you can see it was at an historical high at the end of 2016. You can see that there was a steep downturn around 2007 and things bottomed out around 2012. Then things started upward again; though with a hiccup around 2014. But since then the trend has been up.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Thu May 24, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW I understand that getting people to realize that the household income thing is another case in which all we've seen during the Trump administration is the continuation of an upward trend is difficult. But I think the Democrats still need to at least try.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Bad News For Dems: Household Income Hits All-Time High Under Trump … And He's Getting Credit For It

The economy thing and Trump getting credit for it is a problem for Democrats and that's why they need to counter it. And they can at least try because they've got the data to do it.
So JSO wants America to fail, just so his beloved Donks can take over the House. :ohno:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

And also BTW you should be ashamed of yourself if you are still a Trump supporter with what's going on right now going on.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:And also BTW you should be ashamed of yourself if you are still a Trump supporter with what's going on right now going on.
I love your “PS, by the way...” posts. They add depth to your body of work on here. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
The economy thing and Trump getting credit for it is a problem for Democrats and that's why they need to counter it. And they can at least try because they've got the data to do it.
So JSO wants America to fail, just so his beloved Donks can take over the House. :ohno:
Look at the entire post. The point is that the data do not support the idea that there was a change in economic trends due to Trump taking office. Positive trends were already in place. In this case a positive trend in median household income was already in place. Median household income was higher in both absolute and inflation adjusted terms than it had ever been at the end of Obama's last full year in office.

All I'm saying is that the Democrats need to do what they can to get people to understand that there's no basis for saying that Trump is responsible for the positive economic trends since they were all in place before he took office.
Could I ever be a star?