The microsecond he shook hands

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I genuinely wish Trump the best during the summit and I really hope lasting peace can be found (although I'm skeptical), but I think President Moon Jae-in definitely deserves it if things go well.

While Trump was threatening NK with destruction, Jae-in continued respectful communications with Kim Jong-Un and pushed for non-aggression between all parties involved.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I don't think we are to Nobel territory yet.

And ironically enough, it isn't Trump's peaceful overtures that have led to this - it was his belligerence

But given where the Nobel committee has set the bar for the Peace prize, Trump is as deserving as anyone, I guess.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:I don't think we are to Nobel territory yet.

And ironically enough, it isn't Trump's peaceful overtures that have led to this - it was his belligerence

But given where the Nobel committee has set the bar for the Peace prize, Trump is as deserving as anyone, I guess.
Are you forgetting how low the bar has been set with Obama’s? :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

phpBB [video]

:suspicious:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Well that kinda was what I was referring to

But the Nobel academy has made numerous other great picks that also helped to lessen the award

Yasser Arafat comes to mind
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

∞∞∞ wrote:I genuinely wish Trump the best during the summit and I really hope lasting peace can be found (although I'm skeptical), but I think President Moon Jae-in definitely deserves it if things go well.

While Trump was threatening NK with destruction, Jae-in continued respectful communications with Kim Jong-Un and pushed for non-aggression between all parties involved.
That's kind of strange, considering the ROK president and foreign minister have both publicly credited Trump for bringing Rocket Man to the negotiating table.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CitadelGrad wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I genuinely wish Trump the best during the summit and I really hope lasting peace can be found (although I'm skeptical), but I think President Moon Jae-in definitely deserves it if things go well.

That's kind of strange, considering the ROK president and foreign minister have both publicly credited Trump for bringing Rocket Man to the negotiating table.
It's no secret that flattering Trump will get him to bend for you. That's why Trump is a dangerous President, both domestically and internationally. His policies often are based on how people treat him instead of actual historical, economic, social, or human right contexts...kinda like a dictator.

America is Trump's bitch. Trump is everyone else's.

So let's not pretend it was Trump who saw the advantage of bringing Kim-Jong Un to the table; it was South Korea's new leadership which saw the advantage of bringing Trump to the table. But credit where credit it due, at least Trump went along on the ride (although it doesn't seem like the summit brought about anything tangible, but you gotta start somewhere).
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

Liberals are dreading this whole thing. I’d love to have video of JSO last night.

Hey, why shouldn’t Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize? Obama got it nine months into his presidency for... well, nobody really knows. For being black I guess. Oh, and for sewing the seeds to destabilize numerous countries in the Middle East as well.

At least Trump is actually accomplishing things and putting America first.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

Liberals are dreading this whole thing. I’d love to have video of JSO last night.

Hey, why shouldn’t Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize? Obama got it nine months into his presidency for... well, nobody really knows. For being black I guess. Oh, and for sewing the seeds to destabilize numerous countries in the Middle East as well.

FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Salty! :lol:

The anguish of the left is delightful.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I think he deserves for his work in Syria. We haven't heard shit from the warzone in months!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.
You are literally a walking Salon talking points list
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pretty predictable. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I don't read Salon. My primary sources of information are C-SPAN and NPR. C-SPAN in particular is as balanced as it gets.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

No he isn't...he's noting the bar is set low.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Little if anything came out of this summit. We aren't going to hold "war games" with S. Korea b/c it upsets the NorKors but aside from that, we didn't get anything. There aren't any specifics. No cessation of their cyber attacks (which have been increasing the past few months). No release of political prisoners from their camps.

However - that doesn't mean much, I guess, because this was an opening salvo. Continued meetings, and then actual progress with determine if this summit was worthwhile. Reagan met with Gorbachev several times. The Middle East Peace Accords didn't happen over one, 5 hour meeting. We will see what happens. I'll say this - I think the world is a lot safer than it was a few months ago when Kim and Trump were lobbing insults and threats of destruction.

As for any agreement - Trump has shown he'll walk away from an agreement - even one that he's good with, if there's any attack on his delicate sensibilities (see G7).

Let's not also forget that this is hardly the first time the NorKors have agreed to something. Kim's father and grandfather weren't known for holding up their end of the bargain.

My hope is that it doesn't end up like this:

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

∞∞∞ wrote:

You forgot weakening America's word and threatening the whole planet by pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

:roll:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

You forgot ugly, lazy, and disrespectful.

:roll:
FIFY
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:I think he deserves for his work in Syria. We haven't heard shit from the warzone in months!
You are judging reality based on media coverage. Be careful.
I heard a report that after the first bombing of the base in Syria, there were several more chemical attacks. But the media barely covered it. Shit like Stormy Daniels was more important.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

In football terms, this is the first time the team of peaceful nations crossed the 50 yard line in peace talks with the NoKos. Still a ways to go before a TD is scored, but we finally have a QB that has the determination to do it. :thumb:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

It's amusing to watch people who gushed over the Iran deal now acting more like realists in diplomacy with rogue states.

I agree with Chizzy, though, that this is happening because of what happened to the missile test site. And while Trump had nothing to do with that, there's at least reason to hope that this iteration of talking to Norky will go differently.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Pwns wrote:
I agree with Chizzy, though, that this is happening because of what happened to the missile test site.
First of all, it wasn't a missile test site, it was a nuclear test site. Remember, it was underground. They weren't shooting missiles off underground. That would've needed to be one heck of an underground cavern to be able to stage missile launches in it, and the last time anyone dug that deeply they ran into that Balrog. Second, why would that matter? They clearly know how to detonate a nuclear weapon. How often do they really need to blow up something underground to prove that? They were only still doing it to remind the media that they could do it. Functionally, they can already put a nuclear weapon on a missile - again, no need for additional underground testing to do that. I'm sure the place caved in, but in real terms, it doesn't really matter.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Pwns wrote:
I agree with Chizzy, though, that this is happening because of what happened to the missile test site.
First of all, it wasn't a missile test site, it was a nuclear test site. Remember, it was underground. They weren't shooting missiles off underground. That would've needed to be one heck of an underground cavern to be able to stage missile launches in it, and the last time anyone dug that deeply they ran into that Balrog. Second, why would that matter? They clearly know how to detonate a nuclear weapon. How often do they really need to blow up something underground to prove that? Heck, They were only still doing it to remind the media that they could do it. Functionally, they can already put a nuclear weapon on a missile - again, no need for additional underground testing to do that. I'm sure the place caved in, but in real terms, it doesn't really matter.
FIFY
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:Salty! :lol:

The anguish of the left is delightful.
I agree!

Its funny to watch them twist reality so they can wrap their limited intellect around Trumps success.

They are more dangerous to America than ISIS

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe