Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Post by CitadelGrad »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
That's kind of strange, considering the ROK president and foreign minister have both publicly credited Trump for bringing Rocket Man to the negotiating table.
It's no secret that flattering Trump will get him to bend for you. That's why Trump is a dangerous President, both domestically and internationally. His policies often are based on how people treat him instead of actual historical, economic, social, or human right contexts...kinda like a dictator.

America is Trump's bitch. Trump is everyone else's.

So let's not pretend it was Trump who saw the advantage of bringing Kim-Jong Un to the table; it was South Korea's new leadership which saw the advantage of bringing Trump to the table. But credit where credit it due, at least Trump went along on the ride (although it doesn't seem like the summit brought about anything tangible, but you gotta start somewhere).
This sounds exactly like something you just repeated after you heard it on MSNBC.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CitadelGrad wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: It's no secret that flattering Trump will get him to bend for you. That's why Trump is a dangerous President, both domestically and internationally. His policies often are based on how people treat him instead of actual historical, economic, social, or human right contexts...kinda like a dictator.

America is Trump's bitch. Trump is everyone else's.

So let's not pretend it was Trump who saw the advantage of bringing Kim-Jong Un to the table; it was South Korea's new leadership which saw the advantage of bringing Trump to the table. But credit where credit it due, at least Trump went along on the ride (although it doesn't seem like the summit brought about anything tangible, but you gotta start somewhere).
This sounds exactly like something you just repeated after you heard it on MSNBC.
I don't have cable or even an antenna, but try again.

It's not some mind-boggling idea that people can form opinions outside of the media outlets.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:I don't have cable or even an antenna, but try again.
∞∞∞ wrote:My primary sources of information are C-SPAN and NPR.
So C-SPAN is just beamed into your head? :lol:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Early stages of Trump making China his bitch
Yeah, I'm sure China will be very sad that we'll be ceasing joint military exercises in their backyard with South Korea.

Maybe we should really stick it to Russia next by ceasing joint military exercises with NATO. :suspicious:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I don't have cable or even an antenna, but try again.
∞∞∞ wrote:My primary sources of information are C-SPAN and NPR.
:lol:

TV Antenna. You know what I meant.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
89Hen wrote:
:lol:

TV Antenna. You know what I meant.
Actually, I don't. If you can get C-SPAN, why can't you get MSNBC? :suspicious:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

C-SPAN streams for free on a fancy contraption called "The Internet"
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote:C-SPAN streams for free on a fancy contraption called "The Internet"
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote:C-SPAN streams for free on a fancy contraption called "The Internet"
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote:
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live
How am I supposed to log-in to the live stream without a cable subscription?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

To be fair, I was referring to radio in my earlier comment (which does require a radio antenna).

I listen to NPR and C-SPAN. I'm lucky to get in 30 minutes of "television" a day (Hulu/Netflix).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Are you forgetting how low the bar has been set with Obama’s? :lol:
Well that kinda was what I was referring to

But the Nobel academy has made numerous other great picks that also helped to lessen the award

Yasser Arafat comes to mind
Sorry. didn't read your third sentence. :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.
You are literally a walking Salon talking points list
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

HI54UNI wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.
You forgot weakening America's word and threatening the whole planet by pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

:roll:
Yeah how could he have missed those? They're mentioned every twenty minutes on CSPAN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Now THAT is a troll. But I'll bite.

Obviously, ANY President of the past 40 years could've done that. All Trump did was give a North Korean dictator what North Korean dictators have been trying to get for decades. Previous Presidents could've met with and shaken hands with North Korean dictators at any time because the North Korean dictators were desperately seeking that. All Trump has done at this point is give a North Korean dictator what the North Korean dictator wanted.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

At the risk of everyone knowing this, you do know Nobel wasn't liked when he was alive? His bro dies, but the obituary said it was him and he got to hear how people thought he was a turd.

Came up with the Nobel to hopefully turn his legacy around.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Now THAT is a troll. But I'll bite.

Obviously, ANY President of the past 40 years could've done that. All Trump did was give a North Korean dictator what North Korean dictators have been trying to get for decades. Previous Presidents could've met with and shaken hands with North Korean dictators at any time because the North Korean dictators were desperately seeking that. All Trump has done at this point is give a North Korean dictator what the North Korean dictator wanted.
But they didn't......... I stopped reading after your first sentence.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

phpBB [video]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:To be fair, I was referring to radio in my earlier comment (which does require a radio antenna).

I listen to NPR and C-SPAN. I'm lucky to get in 30 minutes of "television" a day (Hulu/Netflix).
Yep. The reception in Yemen flat-out sucks.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I'm not getting all the hate from the leftists (actually it's just TDS , so I get that) or the right wingers on this meeting. Trump gave up nothing (war games with SK are not a big deal, they are just our human shields if an actual war with NK ever broke out) and already got some minor concessions (American prisoners, renewal of bucks for bones program, and another denuke pledge from NK :roll: ). Worst case is this whole thing just goes back to the status quo of the last 15+ years of a nuclear NK.

I guess I just kind of view this whole meeting/negotiation as having a shit ton more upside than downside. I am having a hard time deciding whether to :lol: or :cry: at pundits deriding the thought of a unified/peaceful Korea. That fucking place has literally been at war for almost 68 years, not sure why talking a way into peace is a bad thing. :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:I'm not getting all the hate from the leftists (actually it's just TDS , so I get that) or the right wingers on this meeting. Trump gave up nothing (war games with SK are not a big deal, they are just our human shields if an actual war with NK ever broke out) and already got some minor concessions (American prisoners, renewal of bucks for bones program, and another denuke pledge from NK :roll: ). Worst case is this whole thing just goes back to the status quo of the last 15+ years of a nuclear NK.

I guess I just kind of view this whole meeting/negotiation as having a shit ton more upside than downside. I am having a hard time deciding whether to :lol: or :cry: at pundits deriding the thought of a unified/peaceful Korea. That fucking place has literally been at war for almost 68 years, not sure why talking a way into peace is a bad thing. :dunce:
I thought this meeting was a good idea when the black guy said he'd consider it... :|

I think this is a good thing - as long as he doesn't fuck it up (i'm not holding my breath).
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:I thought this meeting was a good idea when the black guy said he'd consider it... :|

I think this is a good thing - as long as he doesn't **** it up (i'm not holding my breath).
You mean this gem making the social media rounds:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTx0IrdC4R4[/youtube]

Or how Obama's meeting with Raul Castro was criticized to holy hell by conservative circles?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I thought this meeting was a good idea when the black guy said he'd consider it... :|

I think this is a good thing - as long as he doesn't **** it up (i'm not holding my breath).
You mean this gem making the social media rounds:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTx0IrdC4R4[/youtube]

Or how Obama's meeting with Raul Castro was criticized to holy hell by conservative circles?
I was fully supportive of Obama meeting with Castro. Our embargo with Cuba was stupid and served no purpose. You should know by now that i'm more centrist than R or L.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17