∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: You mean this gem making the social media rounds:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTx0IrdC4R4[/youtube]

Or how Obama's meeting with Raul Castro was criticized to holy hell by conservative circles?
I was fully supportive of Obama meeting with Castro. Our embargo with Cuba was stupid and served no purpose. You should know by now that i'm more centrist than R or L.
I was agreeing with you...sorry it come off wrong.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Trump officially nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by two Norwegian law makers...
A pair of Norwegian lawmakers has nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after he signed an agreement with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday to work toward the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

The nomination, reported by Norway's state broadcaster, NRK, comes a little more than a month after a group of House Republicans sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee formally requesting that the president be nominated for the coveted prize.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ssion=true
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

#MAGA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

If Trip saw Trump stopping a gang rape he would be pissed that a man didn't let a woman do what she wants with her body.

The left is that fucked up

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I was fully supportive of Obama meeting with Castro. Our embargo with Cuba was stupid and served no purpose. You should know by now that i'm more centrist than R or L.
I was agreeing with you...sorry it come off wrong.
Oh. I can't view videos but I took it the other way. My bad, Tripp. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:Trump officially nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by two Norwegian law makers...
A pair of Norwegian lawmakers has nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after he signed an agreement with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday to work toward the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

The nomination, reported by Norway's state broadcaster, NRK, comes a little more than a month after a group of House Republicans sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee formally requesting that the president be nominated for the coveted prize.
Why not? He's done more for it than Obama did for his. They should have Obama hand his over.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:Trump officially nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by two Norwegian law makers...

Why not? He's done more for it than Obama did for his. They should have Obama hand his over.
Obama getting the Peace Prize was ridiculous and I think even Obama thinks so. But the Trump thing is very uncertain. My understanding is that what he got the other day is less than what others have gotten in terms of signed agreements with North Korea in the past. The problem is that the North Koreans have agreed to things then it didn't work out (https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron).

All that's really definitely happened at this point is that Trump gave the North Koreans something they've wanted for decades and couldn't get.

Also, I think that the Nobel committee is going to have heartburn over Trump blowing up the Iran nuclear deal. That kind of depends on whether or not the other parties to the agreement can make it work. But that's not going to be seen as a positive.

I've noted that some argue that the Iran nuclear deal was superior to what Trump just got with North Korea. So there's that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
css75
Level3
Level3

Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
How am I supposed to log-in to the live stream without a cable subscription?

Pluto has all the obscure news networks on it. All for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by css75 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

Liberals are dreading this whole thing. I’d love to have video of JSO last night.

Hey, why shouldn’t Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize? Obama got it nine months into his presidency for... well, nobody really knows. For being black I guess. Oh, and for sewing the seeds to destabilize numerous countries in the Middle East as well.

At least Trump is actually accomplishing things and putting America first.
FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.
Seems like a major case of Trump derangement Syndrome. Better get a therapy dog.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, remember this?

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... eace-prize

Maybe Kim Jong-un will win the Nobel Peace Prize.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:#MAGA

See, that kind of stuff is really stupid. ANY US President could've done that. That kind of photo is what North Korea wanted and what past US Presidents didn't want to give them. This thing where people think that Trump accomplished something by meeting with a North Korean leader is just ridiculous. North Korean leaders had been trying to find a US President who would do that for decades.
Could I ever be a star?

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:#MAGA

See, that kind of stuff is really stupid. ANY US President could've done that. That kind of photo is what North Korea wanted and what past US Presidents didn't want to give them. This thing where people think that Trump accomplished something by meeting with a North Korean leader is just ridiculous. North Korean leaders had been trying to find a US President who would do that for decades.

Just can’t let the hate go can you JSO? The Donald must occupy a very large space in your cranium.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Just can’t let the hate go can you JSO? The Donald must occupy a very large space in your cranium.

It's just the truth c. It's a well established matter of record. For decades North Korean dictators have wanted to deal one on one with US leaders. The US policy over many years was not to do it. Meeting with a North Korean dictator is NOT something that has ever been hard to do. It's giving something the North Koreans have wanted that the US has denied them in the past.

Do you disagree with that? Do you disagree with the assertion that North Korean dictators have wanted this and past US Presidents have not been willing to give it to them?

Now, you can argue that maybe past US Presidents should have gone ahead and given it to them. But Obama or any US President could've met with a North Korean dictator any time they wanted to. Trump meeting with and shaking hands with the North Korean dictator is not something Obama or Bush II, or Clinton, or Bush I or so on couldn't have done if they'd wanted to do that.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

It's just the truth c. It's a well established matter of record. For decades North Korean dictators have wanted to deal one on one with US leaders. The US policy over many years was not to do it. Meeting with a North Korean dictator is NOT something that has ever been hard to do. It's giving something the North Koreans have wanted that the US has denied them in the past.

Do you disagree with that? Do you disagree with the assertion that North Korean dictators have wanted this and past US Presidents have not been willing to give it to them?

Now, you can argue that maybe past US Presidents should have gone ahead and given it to them. But Obama or any US President could've met with a North Korean dictator any time they wanted to. Trump meeting with and shaking hands with the North Korean dictator is not something Obama or Bush II, or Clinton, or Bush I or so on couldn't have done if they'd wanted to do that.
Politically they could not do it, JSO. Just like Truman couldn't make nice with Ho Chi Minh. Your obsession with Trump is blinding you to certain facts and realities - foremost here is that none of the last few Presidents could meet the Kims and not suffer political fallout... for what would likely have been too little return on the risk

The real issue you and everybody else are missing is that Trump won't take any "deal" to Congress to put into treaty form- and in that respect it will be no different than the dumb Iran deal

Congress - both houses and both sides of the aisle - long ago abrogated their responsibilities in this area.... people were up in arms about the Iraq War but nobody blamed Congress. Up in arms about the Iran deal but nobody blamed Congress. Now up in arms about Kim - and nobody is blaming Congress. They have enabled every power grab by the executive and now we have Trump - who shouldnt be "an atrocity" if Congress ever asserted its authority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote:I'm not getting all the hate from the leftists (actually it's just TDS , so I get that) or the right wingers on this meeting. Trump gave up nothing (war games with SK are not a big deal, they are just our human shields if an actual war with NK ever broke out) and already got some minor concessions (American prisoners, renewal of bucks for bones program, and another denuke pledge from NK :roll: ). Worst case is this whole thing just goes back to the status quo of the last 15+ years of a nuclear NK.

I guess I just kind of view this whole meeting/negotiation as having a shit ton more upside than downside. I am having a hard time deciding whether to :lol: or :cry: at pundits deriding the thought of a unified/peaceful Korea. That fucking place has literally been at war for almost 68 years, not sure why talking a way into peace is a bad thing. :dunce:
I thought this meeting was a good idea when the black guy said he'd consider it... :|

I think this is a good thing - as long as he doesn't fuck it up (i'm not holding my breath).
I'm not too worried about the latter because of how he dealt with the shitty Iran deal. The Norks know he'll walk from a shitty deal so if the Norks are serious about denuking, there will be little, if any, limitations on inspections which would be a complete opposite of the laughable inspection protocols and limits of the Iran deal. But of course we'll have to wait and see. IMO how far this goes is all on KJU.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: You mean this gem making the social media rounds:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTx0IrdC4R4[/youtube]

Or how Obama's meeting with Raul Castro was criticized to holy hell by conservative circles?
I was fully supportive of Obama meeting with Castro. Our embargo with Cuba was stupid and served no purpose. You should know by now that i'm more centrist than R or L.
Same here. No reason to not open up diplomatic road with Cuba, or anyone for that matter.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

Don’t disagree, but Trump was the only one who did it. It may or may not yield huge results, but you have to give him props for doing what all the other ones did not do

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Propaganda goldmine.

And, all they had to do was pinky promise on denuclearization - as they've done before.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/asia/nor ... index.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

It's funny to see the so=called patriotic Americans fellating Trump over this resounding defeat.

He fucked over our allies, gave up leverage, and got nothing for the US in return.

He praises brutal dictators, and makes fun of allies.

Trump is acting against American interests. The Cult45 morons are just too fucking stupid to understand.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

It is also so pathetic seeing the rank hypocrisy from the anti-American rightwing - praising Trump for doing things they would have impeached Obama for.

Trump saluting North Korean generals? Hey, that's great.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

css75 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.
Seems like a major case of Trump derangement Syndrome. Better get a therapy dog.

Trip is a far better American Patriot than any of the Trumplickers. It is the duty of All TRUE And PAtriotic Americans to oppose the Cult of Trump.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

css75 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

Trip is a far better American Patriot than any of the Trumplickers. It is the duty of All TRUE And PAtriotic Americans to oppose the Cult of Trump.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:If Trip saw Trump stopping a gang rape he would be pissed that a man didn't let a woman do what she wants with her body.

The left is that fucked up

Trump would join in. The right would say what an honor it is for the woman to be raped by Trump.

The Cult45'ers are that fucked up.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:The Cult45'ers are that fucked up.
:rofl: That's rich, you calling anyone a political cultist.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote:
dbackjon wrote:The Cult45'ers are that fucked up.
:rofl: That's rich, you calling anyone a political cultist.

I am far less of a Cultist than the anti-constitutional Cult45ers