NFL new helmet rule....

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

NFL new helmet rule....

Post by Chizzang »

There's a new RULE in play for the 2018 NFL season...
Probably because of guys like Ryan Shazier last year
leading with their head and becoming cripples right on the field

As one can imagine there are a group of coaches and players that are pissed about the rule
and a group of coaches and players that are not pissed

To the shock and surprise of nobody the Patriots coach is unbothered by the rule change
a rule change that has a significant portion of the league up in arms

:lol:

"It doesn't matter whether I like the rule or don't like the rule or what I think the rule should or should be or should or shouldn't be called," Belichick said. "That's not my job. My job is to understand the rule and to coach it."

"I think we understand it. I think I understand it," Belichick said. "Our team looked at probably 25 plays last night. And I think all of us could see those plays, why they were called, and the ones that weren't called, why they weren't called. The officials have a tough job to make that judgment, but I think the rule is fairly clear cut. If you lead with your head, and make contact with the opponent then that's a foul."
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: NFL new helmet rule....

Post by SuperHornet »

People are already up in arms because of how poorly worded this crap rule is. The vast majority of the calls have proven bogus, but there's nothing anyone can do about it. You just can't see it. It'll probably end up like the college targeting rule.

Just wait until an NAU situation pops up. There will be some REAL poop hitting the fan then....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote:People are already up in arms because of how poorly worded this crap rule is. The vast majority of the calls have proven bogus, but there's nothing anyone can do about it. You just can't see it. It'll probably end up like the college targeting rule.

Just wait until an NAU situation pops up. There will be some REAL poop hitting the fan then....
It's a poorly worded, ambiguous rule but it is not crap. They need to penalize players for initiating contact with the crown of the helmet.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

That was already illegal, 88. Just call the PF for unnecessary roughness and be done with it....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote:That was already illegal, 88. Just call the PF for unnecessary roughness and be done with it....
The announcers and talking heads said that this was a legal hit from last year's playoffs.

phpBB [video]

It might have been legal at the time but it was poor form and dangerous. His head was down. His arms were not in position to wrap and tackle. It was actually more dangerous to the tackler than the ball carrier, he could have compressed his neck and spine and suffered a severe injury.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Just a couple more rule changes and the NFL will be ready for women and pajama boys
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:Just a couple more rule changes and the NFL will be ready for women and pajama boys
players will adapt and learn
refs will adapt as well

by mid season nobody will have noticed the difference
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus