Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
It takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate to remove a President following an impeachment. Not just a Senate rule, a Constitutional detail. Democrats could win the Senate but gaining a 2/3 majority is impossible right now. Only way Trump is removed from office is if Republicans think setting Pence up as a sure thing in 2020 would be the outcome.
if they lose the Senate there will be Republican Senators that won't be interested in holding out until the bitter end. :coffee:
You’re funny...you think the junior senator from Texas is in trouble...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
if they lose the Senate there will be Republican Senators that won't be interested in holding out until the bitter end. :coffee:
You’re funny...you think the junior senator from Texas is in trouble...

:coffee:
He leads by only 4 points and has been a Trump suck up even though Trump went after his wife. Perceived weakness can’t be a good thing, even in Texas....
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

He also just said that he can’t think of anything more “American” than protesting during the national anthem.

He may be back by just 4 points as of the last poll, but he’s going to lose by much more than that.

It’s still Texas
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
houndawg wrote:
First, get the traitor. Business before pleasure. :coffee:
Traitor? :lol: :dunce:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/25/us-sanc ... onday.html

I am all for justice. If someone did something wrong, an appropriate price needs to be paid. Nobody should be above the law, including Trump.

But how about we do a real investigation into these as well?

Who is "we"? Last I checked the Republicans controll our government top to bottom. :coffee:

Maybe they're tired of getting punked every time they investigate. For thirty years.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:He also just said that he can’t think of anything more “American” than protesting during the national anthem.

He may be back by just 4 points as of the last poll, but he’s going to lose by much more than that.

It’s still Texas

Jade Helm country.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:He also just said that he can’t think of anything more “American” than protesting during the national anthem.

It’s still Texas
Perhaps.

But it's a damn good point. Dumb Texans notwithstanding.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: This investigation isn't just about Russia.

Section B.2:

Section C:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-relea ... 1/download

But I know that you, someone who pretends to like law and order, doesn't actually give a damn about law and order. Because you're a hypocrite - always - and likely forever. I can see it now:

NPR: "Breaking News - Trump ordered murder to cover-up illegal campaign payments."
BDK: "It has nothing to do with Russia. #witchhunt #MAGA #librultears #winning."
Look at the thread title. Its the "Trump - Russia megathread" Its not Trump did this, or Trump is accused of that, or a Trump associate did that thread, or about Mueller's giant fishing expedition that has nothing to do with Trump/Russia.
Call the game warden, he's catching way too many fish... :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:

It’s still Texas
Perhaps.

But it's a damn good point. Dumb Texans notwithstanding.
Its a good point when the President isn't black, anyway. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

“Attorney Lanny Davis says he was an anonymous source in a July CNN story that reported his client, Michael Cohen, had privately claimed that President Trump had advance knowledge of the infamous Trump Tower meeting between his son and Russians — contradicting Davis's own words on CNN's air last week.

In the story, Cohen was reported to claim he had personally witnessed Donald Trump Jr. informing then-candidate Trump about the June 2016 meeting. Such a claim from Cohen would directly contradict Trump’s statements about his knowledge of the meeting, where Russians were set to offer dirt on Hillary Clinton.

CNN’s July 26 story has come under fresh scrutiny in recent days after Davis acknowledged he had served as an anonymous source for multiple news outlets who were seeking to confirm the CNN article in the hours after it published. Davis has backed away from the story in recent days, telling the Washington Post that he is not certain if the claim is accurate, and that he could not independently corroborate it.

Last week, Davis told Anderson Cooper, “I think the reporting of the story got mixed up in the course of a criminal investigation. We were not the source of the story.”

On Monday evening, Davis told BuzzFeed News that he regrets both his role as an anonymous source and his subsequent denial of his own involvement.

Davis told BuzzFeed News that he did, in fact, speak anonymously to CNN for its story, which cited “sources with knowledge” — meaning more than one person.

“I made a mistake,” Davis said. Regarding his comments about a month later to Cooper, he added, “I did not mean to be cute.”

After Davis publicly backtracked from the claims, the New York Post and the Washington Post outed him as their confirming source...

....After publication of this story, Davis added to BuzzFeed News that he did not lie to Cooper, but that he "unintentionally misspoke."....”
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/st ... ower-story

Davis: In other words I lied. And CNN, WaPo, etc..more Fake News..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

There went any ounce of credibility from Cohen, as if he had any anyway.

Just making up stories he thinks Mueller would want to hear. Wow.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So the Cohen thing fell apart? Go figure.

:rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Sounds like the Ohr hearings are generating more info, shockingly nothing from jellybean on this new plot twist.
Gaetz, emerging from the interview after nearly two hours, said Ohr appeared to be answering questions forthrightly but that his testimony about the timing of his contacts with Fusion appeared to conflict with answers given to lawmakers by Fusion GPS cofounder Glenn Simpson and former FBI attorney Lisa Page.
Meadows and Gaetz also re-emerged to suggest that Ohr’s testimony supports their belief that the FBI “withheld material facts” from the court when it applied for the surveillance warrant on Page.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/ ... iew-799031

Once it's all pieced together, it will be interesting to know who knew what and when and how that all aligns with the FISA warrant. Don't worry though, I'm sure everything the FBI and DOJ did was legit.

:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

93henfan wrote:There went any ounce of credibility from Cohen, as if he had any anyway.

Just making up stories he thinks Mueller would want to hear. Wow.
I read where some were thinking Davis told the lie as a ploy to try and get Donald to offer a pardon to Cohen. Wasn't a serious article, just was the only way the guy could make sense of what happened.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote:Sounds like the Ohr hearings are generating more info, shockingly nothing from jellybean on this new plot twist.
Gaetz, emerging from the interview after nearly two hours, said Ohr appeared to be answering questions forthrightly but that his testimony about the timing of his contacts with Fusion appeared to conflict with answers given to lawmakers by Fusion GPS cofounder Glenn Simpson and former FBI attorney Lisa Page.
Meadows and Gaetz also re-emerged to suggest that Ohr’s testimony supports their belief that the FBI “withheld material facts” from the court when it applied for the surveillance warrant on Page.

More info? :suspicious:

Some vague statements from Gaetz and Meadows?

Would be nice if they had an open hearing instead.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Sounds like the Ohr hearings are generating more info, shockingly nothing from jellybean on this new plot twist.

Article has more quotes, and agree about the open hearing but they are probably trying to keep the guy alive...you know with the Deep State and all...
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Don’t worry Jelly

If anything that bolsters the left’s case comes out they’ll be sure to leak it to you
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Sam Patten flips.

Manafort and Kilimnik associate. Worked in the US on microtargeting for Cambridge Analytica.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Sam Patten flips.

Manafort and Kilimnik associate. Worked in the US on microtargeting for Cambridge Analytica.

Everyone's flipping; it's awesome.

At the rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller catches BDK.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

And, he's been cooperating since May. :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Trump’s inauguration was attended by an unusually large number of prominent foreign business leaders, particularly Russian moguls whose attendance drew the attention of the FBI at the time.
Nothing burger! Giuliani equates it to Russian parking tickets.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

So now dems care about money flowing into a committee or foundation that is associated to a high ranking polititian? :lol:

And dems caring about social media analytics too? Didn't Obomba get major kudos for using data to pinpoint election needs/strategies in 2012? :rofl:

So...much...entertainment...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
houndawg wrote:
First, get the traitor. Business before pleasure. :coffee:
Traitor? :lol: :dunce:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/25/us-sanc ... onday.html

I am all for justice. If someone did something wrong, an appropriate price needs to be paid. Nobody should be above the law, including Trump.

But how about we do a real investigation into these as well?

:rofl:

Any time he doesn't like what Gollum is doing all he has to do is accept his (Gollum's) resignation. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
assuming you don't lose the Senate too... Turd Boobs is **** without some deus ex voting machina
It takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate to remove a President following an impeachment. Not just a Senate rule, a Constitutional detail. Democrats could win the Senate but gaining a 2/3 majority is impossible right now. Only way Trump is removed from office is if Republicans think setting Pence up as a sure thing in 2020 would be the outcome.
According to the Everett's interpretation of quantum mechanics there are universes where this has already happened.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
This is the best article I’ve seen to date on this particular topic, as well as Mueller’s sham investigation as a whole. Written by Democrat Mark Penn, adviser to Bill Clinton during his impeachment:

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... t-up-trump

Sounds like Trump has no real worries once all the dust and MSM theatrics settle.
That's the issue here - so far, they haven't shown that Trump did anything illegal. Immoral? Sure, but who thought Trump was a paragon of morality prior to this? Surrounded by some folks who are breaking the laws, especially tax laws? Sure, but Trump has been operating in the gray areas of the law for years, and famously didn't release his own tax returns, so who didn't already know this?

Heck, at this point, if he wanted to, Trump could just refer to anything related to Stormy Daniels or the National Enquirer story as "just about sex" and resurrect Clinton's successful defense in the '90's.

They have to get him on something related to Russia and Russia interfering illegally in the election at Trump's knowledge or green-lighting of it. If they don't get that, then he just comes out of this stronger and we look at another four years. If Democrats reel in the House in November, the pressure to impeach will be almost impossible to resist, and since the Senate's not removing him on the evidence we have today then he gets to run with that feather in his cap in 2020. It's Russian-conspiracy or bust here - still a ways to go for that.
I think thats where the Russian's tossing some young pussy at the NRA gerontocracy comes into the picture.. :lol: