Big Sky Predictions - Week 7

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 7

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

NoCo 28-31 Portland St.I would've definitely picked NoCo 2 weeks ago, but PSU suddenly has confidence

Idaho St. 35-41 DavisThe Aggies are at home, plus they need this game more because ISU doesn't play EWU

Sac 42-31 Suutah — I doubt SUU's defense could stop a team full of mobility-impaired octogenarians at this point

EWU 24-20 Weber — Gubrud is questionable, but I still don't think the Weebs have enough firepower

Idalol 17-34 Montana St.The Bobcats probably aren't good, but the Vandals are definitely bad

Montana 20-30 NoDakIt looks like the Griz will be entering playoff-survival mode in 4 days
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 7

Post by css75 »

I think the Bengals can beat UCD. North Dakota is a very strong team and ISU took them at home. Their is some serious mojo with the gang from Poky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

After last week's carnage around the conference, I sit at 40-12 for the year, still looking for perfection. This week, Cal Poly and Northern Arizona both are sitting this one out, but everyone else plays. Some great conference games involving the top teams so this could be a tough weekend to pick. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at WSU---Eagles are riding high and the prevailing thought is who is going to bring them down. The Wildcats take their turn, cleaning up their house and welcoming them. Will they be gracious hosts or are they up to add to the topsy-turvy feel from last week...EWU 35, WSU 21.

UI at MSU---Bobcats had last week off, giving them two weeks to prepare for the Vandals, who are finding the conference climb to be a bit tougher than what they encountered in the Sun Belt. Vandals would like a win to jumpstart their season but,...MSU 34, UI 21.

ISU at UCD---What I think is the conference game of the week, the Aggies welcome the Bengals to town. Who had this game pegged as a must watch at the beginning of the year. For the winner, the rest of the year will open up, the loser will have some work to do...UCD 38, ISU 35.

UM at North Dakota---Grizzlies are hoping for a great game to make up for whatever it was that happened last week. Still, the Hawks are relishing jumping on the wounded bear and bringing them down. They just might, but you don't want to mess with a wounded Grizzly...UM 28, North Dakota 27.

UNC at PSU---The Bears, looking for their first win can't seem to catch a break as the Vikings come in riding a euphoric high after dismissing the Grizzlies in their house last week. Its been awhile since the Vikings had to deal with the Grizzly hangover, can they overcome it here...PSU 28, UNC 26.

SAC at SUU---Whatever happened to the Hornets last week was not good as they are slowly watching their hopeful season go awry. The Thunderbirds are game, but still looking for their first win of the year. Can they get it this weekend. Yes, in an upset...SUU 24, SAC 21.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:NoCo 28-31 Portland St.I would've definitely picked NoCo 2 weeks ago, but PSU suddenly has confidence

Idaho St. 35-41 DavisThe Aggies are at home, plus they need this game more because ISU doesn't play EWU

Sac 42-31 Suutah — I doubt SUU's defense could stop a team full of mobility-impaired octogenarians at this point

EWU 24-20 Weber — Gubrud is questionable, but I still don't think the Weebs have enough firepower

Idalol 17-34 Montana St.The Bobcats probably aren't good, but the Vandals are definitely bad

Montana 20-30 NoDakIt looks like the Griz will be entering playoff-survival mode in 4 days
NoCo over PSU, Sac over SUU, MSU over Vandulls, EWU beats Mildcats, and No Dak dry humps Griz. In the big game ISU handles UCD, the Bengals beat a good UND team, On the road and can win on the road again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sapper
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Idaho State University

Post by Sapper »

PSU
ISU
SAC
WSU
MSU
UND
BEAT WEBER!!!

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

PSU
Manure Pile (I can't believe how often I'm picking them to win this year.)
Sac (But we have to actually FINISH this time. SMH....)
EWU
Kitties (Yet another game that deserves to be a 0-0 draw....)
Griz

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

In conference play, EWU D hasn't allowed more than 17 points. While Weber's defense is great, their offense is trash.

EWU 38-17 Weber.

UC-Davis 42-35 ISU
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:In conference play, EWU D hasn't allowed more than 17 points. While Weber's defense is great, their offense is trash.

EWU 38-17 Weber.

UC-Davis 42-35 ISU
Nice qualifier
:thumb:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

dbackjon wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:In conference play, EWU D hasn't allowed more than 17 points. While Weber's defense is great, their offense is trash.

EWU 38-17 Weber.

UC-Davis 42-35 ISU
Nice qualifier
Nice loss.

Don't be mad your season is Cookused.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:After last week's carnage around the conference, I sit at 40-12 for the year, still looking for perfection. This week, Cal Poly and Northern Arizona both are sitting this one out, but everyone else plays. Some great conference games involving the top teams so this could be a tough weekend to pick. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at WSU---Eagles are riding high and the prevailing thought is who is going to bring them down. The Wildcats take their turn, cleaning up their house and welcoming them. Will they be gracious hosts or are they up to add to the topsy-turvy feel from last week...EWU 35, WSU 21.

UI at MSU---Bobcats had last week off, giving them two weeks to prepare for the Vandals, who are finding the conference climb to be a bit tougher than what they encountered in the Sun Belt. Vandals would like a win to jumpstart their season but,...MSU 34, UI 21.

ISU at UCD---What I think is the conference game of the week, the Aggies welcome the Bengals to town. Who had this game pegged as a must watch at the beginning of the year. For the winner, the rest of the year will open up, the loser will have some work to do...UCD 38, ISU 35.

UM at North Dakota---Grizzlies are hoping for a great game to make up for whatever it was that happened last week. Still, the Hawks are relishing jumping on the wounded bear and bringing them down. They just might, but you don't want to mess with a wounded Grizzly...UM 28, North Dakota 27.

UNC at PSU---The Bears, looking for their first win can't seem to catch a break as the Vikings come in riding a euphoric high after dismissing the Grizzlies in their house last week. Its been awhile since the Vikings had to deal with the Grizzly hangover, can they overcome it here...PSU 28, UNC 26.

SAC at SUU---Whatever happened to the Hornets last week was not good as they are slowly watching their hopeful season go awry. The Thunderbirds are game, but still looking for their first win of the year. Can they get it this weekend. Yes, in an upset...SUU 24, SAC 21.
4-2 this week. Perfection would have meant going with all home teams, but Southern Utah came through for me. 44-14 so far this season.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post-Week-7 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. UC Davis _________________3-0_____5-1_____W3
    2. Eastern Washington_______3-1_____5-2_____L1
    3. Idaho State _______________3-1_____4-2_____L1
    4. Northern Arizona _________2-1_____3-3_____W1
    5. Montana State_____________2-1_____4-2_____W1
    6. Weber State_______________2-1_____4-2_____W1
    --North Dakota _____________2-1_____4-2_____W2
    7. Portland State_____________2-2_____3-4_____W2
    8. Montana __________________2-2_____4-3_____L2
    9. Southern Utah ____________1-2_____1-5_____W1
    10.Cal Poly___________________1-2_____2-4_____W1
    11.Idaho______________________1-3_____2-4_____L2
    12.Sacramento State _________0-3_____2-4_____L3
    13.Northern Colorado________0-4_____0-7_____L4/L7

EWU beats ISU on Sagarins.
The 2-1 tie is broken entirely by NAU's win over Weber.
PSU beat Montana H2H.
SUU beats Cal Poly on Sagarins.
Sac beat NoCo H2H (non-conference).