Is FCS (Beside NDSU) Really This Bad?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Is FCS (Beside NDSU) Really This Bad?

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:89 just ripping the tits off the western ladyboys.
There's nothing worse than titless, western, ladyboys. :lol:
I have tits.... :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: You mean back when I-AA wasn't as strong overall? Check.
FCS - NDSU in 6 of the last 9 championship games, 7 out of 10 including this year.
FBS - Alabama in 6 of the last 9 championship games, TBD

Is FBS down too?
Alabama just knows how to game the system. Big difference when only 2 or 4 teams are invited vs 16 or 24.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Take Nick Saban out of Alabama, Alabama becomes what LSU or Florida is now.

But NDSU had a 3-peat with a coach on a 43-2 run who is 28-35 at Wyoming, and then Chris Klieman takes over and is 68-6 and counting, which means he has the highest winning percentage of any current DI coach and any of the all-time great FCS coaches.

Alabama isn't on the cusp of 7 national championships in 8 years, either. Alabama has 5 of the last 9.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Pwns wrote:Take Nick Saban out of Alabama, Alabama becomes what LSU or Florida is now.

But NDSU had a 3-peat with a coach on a 43-2 run who is 28-35 at Wyoming, and then Chris Klieman takes over and is 68-6 and counting, which means he has the highest winning percentage of any current DI coach and any of the all-time great FCS coaches.

Alabama isn't on the cusp of 7 national championships in 8 years, either. Alabama has 5 of the last 9.
It's a UNI thing. Our S&C coach was at UNI until 2003, and Klieman was a DC at UNI until 2011, and current New HC was a DC at UNI, along with our OC who played at UNI. Now you know the rest of the story for UNI.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Pwns wrote:Take Nick Saban out of Alabama, Alabama becomes what LSU or Florida is now.

Well, Alabama has to contend with the fact that the best teams in FBS aren't moving up to the NFL. NDSU can stay where they are and watch teams leave. Just saying.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:

Well, Alabama has to contend with the fact that the best teams in FBS aren't moving up to the NFL. NDSU can stay where they are and watch teams leave. Just saying.
Grapeshot fired. :lol:

I heart this thread.

Keep fighting, Men of the East(cb).
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

The chart below shows the number of teams per FBS & FCS, with an average increase in the USA population of around 26,000,000 every 10 years. There were a lot of football schools that dropped the sport between 1978 and today, I counted 22. Plenty of kids to fill the shoes of FBS and FCS without the quality of football going down.

Year Teams USA Population
2018 130 FBS 326,766,748
125 FCS
2008 120 FBS 304,374,846
124 FCS
1998 112 FBS 270,298,524
123 FCS
1988 104 FBS 244,498,982
89 FCS
1978 138 FBS 222,584,545
41 FCS
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I heart this thread.

This isn’t an EC(b) / west coast thing. It’s just that other than JMU for a couple years, the CAA has been down and has struggled against the Patriot, Ivy, and NEC of late. I watched the CAA champ, Maine in person last week and while they’re a good team tgeyvwerent as tough as Nicholls State and Davis.

Power shifts and I’m sure it will shift back towards the CAA soon.

Keep your heads up, little campers!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I heart this thread.

This isn’t an EC(b) / west coast thing. It’s just that other than JMU for a couple years, the CAA has been down and has struggled against the Patriot, Ivy, and NEC of late. I watched the CAA champ, Maine in person last week and while they’re a good team tgeyvwerent as tough as Nicholls State and Davis.

Yet, oddly, they beat the tournament #2 seed and Big Sky co-champs like bitches on their home field.

Imagine that! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Yet, oddly, they beat the tournament #2 seed and Big Sky co-champs like bitches on their home field.

Imagine that! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That’s what happens sometimes when your young QB throws 4 picks in a half. Weber was no Duchesne, Colgate, or SEMO.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:

That’s what happens sometimes when your young QB throws 4 picks in a half. Weber was no Duchesne, Colgate, or SEMO.
Or Yale. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:
Montana State beat Colorado in 2006 and lost to DII Chadron State the next week.

Things go up, things go down. Tide goes in, tide goes out. Certain fans CAAn't explain that!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Montana State beat Colorado in 2006 and lost to DII Chadron State the next week.

Things go up, things go down. Tide goes in, tide goes out. Certain fans CAAn't explain that!
We did explain it, 800 times. The tide is way, way out right now, with the exception of NDSU.

So back to the thread title. Again. Yes, FCS beside NDSU really is this bad.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:

We did explain it, 800 times. The tide is way, way out right now, with the exception of NDSU.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Yeah...you're a real JSO when it comes to this.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Yeah...you're a real JSO when it comes to this.
I started the thread. I'm the emcee here, thank you very much!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Meh...
The CAA is down but the rest of the field seems about right

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Meh...
The CAA is down. The SoCon is WAY down. The MVFC not named NDSU is down. The Southland is down. The Patriot is down. The NEC is down. The Big South is down. The Big Sky seems to be about on par.
clenz wrote:I'm watching the MVFC and looking back to SIU WKU and UNI of the same timeframe of the Gateway and it's crazy

UNI the last few years has somehow maintained top 25 status and finished second in the MVFC. They are UNI teams that would get curbed by UNI SIU WKU etc in conference play in the Gateway
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Meh...
The CAA is down. The SoCon is WAY down. The MVFC not named NDSU is down. The Southland is down. The Patriot is down. The NEC is down. The Big South is down. The Big Sky seems to be about on par.
clenz wrote:I'm watching the MVFC and looking back to SIU WKU and UNI of the same timeframe of the Gateway and it's crazy

UNI the last few years has somehow maintained top 25 status and finished second in the MVFC. They are UNI teams that would get curbed by UNI SIU WKU etc in conference play in the Gateway
That's a broad brush stroke, being the NEC advanced in the playoffs, the Patroit Champ made the quarter finals, Big South continues to make the Quarterfinals, Southland team beats a Big 12 team and advance 3 teams to the playoffs. UNI sent all their good coaches to NDSU. Comparing UNI 3rd place team to the UNI conference champions of the past, is just what it is. In 2005 a 7-4 NDSU lost to a 9-4 SIU team 9-0, and in 2008 a 6-4 NDSU beat a 9-3 SIU team. The MVFC may look down because of NDSU, but it's the same tough conference.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Meh...

The MVFC has had 4 teams in the semi’s and one in the finals not named NDSU in the last 5 years....silly hen. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:That's a broad brush stroke, being the NEC advanced in the playoffs, the Patroit Champ made the quarter finals, Big South continues to make the Quarterfinals, Southland team beats a Big 12 team and advance 3 teams to the playoffs...
Don't forget USD winning some playoff games. It's almost as if the field is weaker. :rofl:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
FCS - NDSU in 6 of the last 9 championship games, 7 out of 10 including this year.
FBS - Alabama in 6 of the last 9 championship games, TBD

Is FBS down too?
Alabama just knows how to game the system. Big difference when only 2 or 4 teams are invited vs 16 or 24.
:lol: :lol:
I don't think that makes any difference with Alabama. Maybe all the OTHER schools, but they've been head and shoulders above every other FBS team for a decade now.
Alabama has 904 official victories[a] in NCAA Division I (an additional 21 victories were vacated and 8 victories and 1 tie were forfeited), has won 31 conference championships (4 Southern Conference and 27 SEC championships) and has made an NCAA-record 64 postseason bowl appearances. Other NCAA records include 23 winning streaks of 10 games or more and 19 seasons with a 10–0 start. The program has 34 seasons with 10 wins or more (plus one vacated),[10][11] and has 40 bowl victories, both NCAA records.[12] Alabama has completed 10 undefeated seasons, 9 of which were perfect seasons. The Crimson Tide leads the SEC West Division with 14 division titles and 12 appearances in the SEC Championship Game. Alabama holds a winning record against every current and former SEC school.

They're the only program that's been in EVERY 4-team playoff since it was created in 2014.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Alabama just knows how to game the system. Big difference when only 2 or 4 teams are invited vs 16 or 24.
:lol: :lol:
I don't think that makes any difference with Alabama. Maybe all the OTHER schools, but they've been head and shoulders above every other FBS team for a decade now.
So you don't think they make fewer championship games if they had to win 2-3 games to get there instead of one?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:That's a broad brush stroke, being the NEC advanced in the playoffs, the Patroit Champ made the quarter finals, Big South continues to make the Quarterfinals, Southland team beats a Big 12 team and advance 3 teams to the playoffs...
Don't forget USD winning some playoff games. It's almost as if the field is weaker. :rofl:
More teams in the playoffs too, better chance for a win.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: The CAA is down. The SoCon is WAY down. The MVFC not named NDSU is down. The Southland is down. The Patriot is down. The NEC is down. The Big South is down. The Big Sky seems to be about on par.
The MVFC has had 4 teams in the semi’s and one in the finals not named NDSU in the last 5 years....silly hen. :lol:
2 in the finals, Illinois St and Youngstown St.