CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Frankly I think the President should be viewed as any other citizen is viewed. If law enforcement sees some indication that they should investigate the President for a crime he or she should be investigated for a crime just as anybody else would be. We in this country have put Presidents on WAY too high a pedestal for a long time. They're just another person doing a job. It's an important job. But their **** stinks just like everybody else's does. They are not royalty. They are not indispensable. They are not above the law.
Amen John! I don't see how anyone can argue with what you just stated.
You can't even see your own dick

who are you kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:Frankly I think the President should be viewed as any other citizen is viewed. If law enforcement sees some indication that they should investigate the President for a crime he or she should be investigated for a crime just as anybody else would be. We in this country have put Presidents on WAY too high a pedestal for a long time. They're just another person doing a job. It's an important job. But their shit stinks just like everybody else's does. They are not royalty. They are not indispensable. They are not above the law.
:nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:When it comes to Mattis....

Obama and Trump are same-same.... at odds with Mattis for exactly the same reasons

At least Trump got a resignation out of the guy instead of relieving him without even doing him the courtesy of letting him know
Which one do you think put more stock in his advice?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Frankly I think the President should be viewed as any other citizen is viewed. If law enforcement sees some indication that they should investigate the President for a crime he or she should be investigated for a crime just as anybody else would be. We in this country have put Presidents on WAY too high a pedestal for a long time. They're just another person doing a job. It's an important job. But their **** stinks just like everybody else's does. They are not royalty. They are not indispensable. They are not above the law.
We'll John, they did investigate Trump, and they're doing it like they would a true outsider.

No wink wink, nudge nudge and all is fine like they do with the majority of DC professionals.
:roll:

Twenty more years of it and he'll have a different take on Hillary. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:When it comes to Mattis....

Obama and Trump are same-same.... at odds with Mattis for exactly the same reasons

At least Trump got a resignation out of the guy instead of relieving him without even doing him the courtesy of letting him know
I'd say it was a wash

Trump thinks he is always the smartest person in the room- that's a given

The Obama admin at large was generally contemptuous of the military, particularly the one who was micromanaging it- Susan Rice. Ignoring general officers was her stock in trade

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
The Obama admin at large was generally contemptuous of the military, particularly the one who was micromanaging it- Susan Rice. Ignoring general officers was her stock in trade.
Good. Civilian rule should dictate that generals are bombarded with oversight and scrutiny.

Military leaders are to listen to their civilian bosses, not the other way around. They only exist to serve the People.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote: The Obama admin at large was generally contemptuous of the military, particularly the one who was micromanaging it- Susan Rice. Ignoring general officers was her stock in trade.
Good. Civilian rule should dictate that generals are bombarded with oversight and scrutiny.

Military leaders are to listen to their civilian bosses, not the other way around. They only exist to serve the People.
That worked well in Vietnam.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Good. Civilian rule should dictate that generals are bombarded with oversight and scrutiny.

That worked well in Vietnam.
The Pres that got us into it was former military. As was the leader which got us into the equally pointless "War on Terror."

Eisenhower is about the only modern-ish President which served that understood the military's place.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

Trump did so after a meeting with Putin in 2017 in Hamburg that was also attended by then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. U.S. officials learned of Trump’s actions when a White House adviser and a senior State Department official sought information from the interpreter beyond a readout shared by Tillerson.

The constraints that Trump imposed are part of a broader pattern by the president of shielding his communications with Putin from public scrutiny and preventing even high-ranking officials in his own administration from fully knowing what he has told one of the United States’ main adversaries.

As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 533e6b448f

Not weird at all. Between his behavior since 2016, yesterday's NYT article, and the overly secretive precautions he personally takes so no one knows anything about his meetings with Putin...well if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then...
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I see

One man's "ignoring advice of experts" is another man's "civilian control"

Do you know why Mattis was relieved by the Obama admin?

Hint: for precisely the same reason he resigned from the Trump admin

The only adult we are talking about here is Mattis, BTW

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Even an idiot like Trump - who is independently elected - deserves better than Mattis.

For an unelected official, the guy always thought his opinion should be final. At least when Presidents argue their word, they have the Democratic process to fall on...even if the argument doesn't hold water in the end. WTF does Mattis have?

Good riddance.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Even an idiot like Trump - who is independently elected - deserves better than Mattis.

For an unelected official, the guy always thought his opinion should be final. At least when Presidents argue their word, they have the Democratic process to fall on...even if the argument doesn't hold water in the end. WTF does Mattis have?

Good riddance.
You know very little about the man.

But Mattis agrees with you on one point:

A President deserves advisors who can publicly support his positions.

I disagree with Mattis on Syria and the rest of the ME but he has had more integrity than the last 4 administrations he served

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

F Mattis.

He bitched about abandoning allies, yet never resigned as Trump trashed NATO, gave the middle finger to global allies, sucked Putin off, got tricked by Kim Jong Un, and cozied up to despots. Mattis resigned when Trump (correctly) decided to pull 2000 troops out of Syria...which is less troops than Trump wants to send to the border for a made-up emergency.

It tells me Mattis is a warmonger, plain and simple.

He's also proof why the military is overseen by a civilian authority.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:F Mattis.

He bitched about abandoning allies, yet never resigned as Trump trashed NATO, gave the middle finger to global allies, sucked Putin off, got tricked by Kim Jong Un, and cozied up to despots. Mattis resigned when Trump (correctly) decided to pull 2000 troops out of Syria...which is less troops than Trump wants to send to the border for a made-up emergency.

Those are some pretty minor things (bad mouthing NATO without actually doing anything... oh my!)

Your overarching dislike of the military is shining through and it clouds your thinking

Incidentally, how many military actions did Mattis get us into?

It seems to me that he provided advice and was ignored by the last two guys

civilian control intact! straw man unnecessary

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I have no ill will against the military when leadership and members understand their role within society. A standing army is necessary.

But IMO, the military industrial complex has grown large and needs to be reigned in; Mattis played a role in that.

Anyways, Trump is taking achingly large measures to hide what is said in his meetings with Putin.

Not suspicious at all...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:F Mattis.

Those are some pretty minor things (bad mouthing NATO without actually doing anything... oh my!)

Your overarching dislike of the military is shining through and it clouds your thinking

Incidentally, how many military actions did Mattis get us into?

It seems to me that he provided advice and was ignored by the last two guys

civilian control intact! straw man unnecessary

...don't go getting all victimy now CID. People are allowed to have a dim view of the military; especially when General officers turn out to be fvcking traitors. :roll:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:I have no ill will against the military when leadership and members understand their role within society. A standing army is necessary.

But IMO, the military industrial complex has grown large and needs to be reigned in; Mattis played a role in that.

Anyways, Trump is taking achingly large measures to hide what is said in his meetings with Putin.

Not suspicious at all...
Boy you really shifted gears there

“I don’t dislike the military”

BUT

Military industrial complex blah blah Mattis’ fault blah blah

By the way, did I mention that Trump made sure there were no open microphones in his discussions with the Russian President?

It’s almost Trumpian the gymnastics you do. Just come out and say it like Trumpers should say it.... I hate the “thank you for your service” culture

Or, “I cant stand them darkies”

The hidden emotions are not hidden at all
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:I have no ill will against the military when leadership and members understand their role within society. A standing army is necessary.

Not suspicious at all...
Military industrial complex? How Ike Eisenhower of you. :coffee:

*reined
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:

Not suspicious at all...
Military industrial complex? How Ike Eisenhower of you. :coffee:

*reined
C’mon Ivy...you think all of our FP decisions and military spending are driven by need?

:lol:

Obvious troll is obvious.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Military industrial complex? How Ike Eisenhower of you. :coffee:

*reined
C’mon Ivy...you think all of our FP decisions and military spending are driven by need?

:lol:

Obvious troll is obvious.
Costa Rica has managed without a standing army for decades. I guess Milo Minderbinder and General Scheisskopf would never let that happen here.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: So no Trump-Russia collusion still? :rofl:
No such thing - but conspiracy and obstruction of justice are still in play and it is already being said that Manafort's lawyer's screw up wasn't unintentional. :coffee:

You saw the speech, he's a beaten, medicated man and its only now beginning to dawn on him that he's well and truly fucked.
So a guy who worked in Ukraine talked to some folks in Russia about election polling? What next? A surveillance warrant based on a Yahoo article and a conversation with a guy in a bar?

Oh wait. :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:
WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller’s broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them. It is unclear whether Mr. Mueller is still pursuing the counterintelligence matter, and some former law enforcement officials outside the investigation have questioned whether agents overstepped in opening it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/p ... quiry.html

This article basically just rehashes everything from like 2 years ago. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote:
This article basically just rehashes everything from like 2 years ago. Image
I understand this "story" by the NY Times is a counter leak to The Epoch Times article on what Lisa Page had to say about the investigation.

A little tit for tat.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Where is the collusion? More nothing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter