Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
BTW we might have at least 2-3 consecutive years of Sambo's meetings of the CS.com Libertarian Party coming up in about a year...

Looks like I may be coming back to the Mothership for a tour or two after Bangkok. I'll know more at the end of this summer.

Unless they give me Munich. Then screw all of you I'll be going to Munich
Munich, eh? “Peace in our time,” the Beer Hall Putsch, and CID. It all makes sense now. 8-)
Munich, Bishkek, and Ulan Baator are my bucket list posts

Guess which ones my wife won’t go to
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Munich, eh? “Peace in our time,” the Beer Hall Putsch, and CID. It all makes sense now. 8-)

I hear Kyrgyzstan is lovely this time of year.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Best political convo in the state! :thumb:
BTW we might have at least 2-3 consecutive years of Sambo's meetings of the CS.com Libertarian Party coming up in about a year...

Looks like I may be coming back to the Mothership for a tour or two after Bangkok. I'll know more at the end of this summer.

Man - I love Munich! I hope you get posted there,you'd have a blast.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:
I support every president including Trump to do the right thing.

Time for you to join the cs.com army and vote libertarian or green. Your choice.
I switched my registration to Libertarian in the middle of last year. I didn't make much of it here, though I did let Ivy know. I'm hoping to score some choice bud at one of the state meets. I've just been too lazy to actually go to one. Even being unemployed for a month.
Grow some and help ease the cash flow problem.. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

....there is a little town in Bavaria called Tuttlingen where lives a shapely German lass by the name of Valtrud...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Munich, eh? “Peace in our time,” the Beer Hall Putsch, and CID. It all makes sense now. 8-)

I have to ask, why Mongolia? I've never seen pictures or videos of there that don't just show empty desolation. It's like a colder, more inhospitable Afghanistan, but maybe with some cooler history.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:

If you get that one I'm going to visit you wether you like it or not. Use your influence, I'll pay for the tickets to see The Hu.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I have to ask, why Mongolia? I've never seen pictures or videos of there that don't just show empty desolation. It's like a colder, more inhospitable Afghanistan, but maybe with some cooler history.
One of my old law partners did a trek there. Some spectacularly beautiful areas.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
One of my old law partners did a trek there. Some spectacularly beautiful areas.
Part of it is Siberian forest
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Yeah...it looks just hideous...or as many fly fishing adventurists claim...quite a bit like Montana. :lol:

Fly fishing for taimen is on my bucket list...

For what it's worth, CID, I did a little recon on Kyrgystan fishing as well for ya and there is a sub-species of browns called amu darya trout which occupy the many rivers.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Yeah...it looks just hideous...or as many fly fishing adventurists claim...quite a bit like Montana. :lol:

For what it's worth, CID, I did a little recon on Kyrgystan fishing as well for ya and there is a sub-species of browns called amu darya trout which occupy the many rivers.

The snark isn't really necessary, I honestly didn't know much about the area. Heck, I didn't really know much about the Upper Peninsula of Michigan before my wife decided it was a place she wanted to go and it was fantastic. Thanks for the photos and insight - I'm not a fly fisherman and never will be, but it looks like great hiking.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

houndawg wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
....there is a little town in Bavaria called Tuttlingen where lives a shapely German lass by the name of Valtrud...
*Baden-Württenberg
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Focus guys! This thread is about all the Russian collusion Jelly has been telling us about! :roll:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

The snark isn't really necessary, I honestly didn't know much about the area. Heck, I didn't really know much about the Upper Peninsula of Michigan before my wife decided it was a place she wanted to go and it was fantastic. Thanks for the photos and insight - I'm not a fly fisherman and never will be, but it looks like great hiking.
I apologize for the snark my friend. But if you and I don't display snark towards each other than what else do we got? ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So is the Trump - Putin meeting in private and taking the notes away from the interpreter really that big of a deal? Haven't leaders been meeting "off-record" since Zog met with Thag to steal Zag's wheel idea?

It seems like more tribalism. If Obama had met with the Iranian leader and asked everyone to leave the room, I'm sure there would have been much hand wringing from the right as well.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I apologize for the snark my friend. But if you and I don't display snark towards each other than what else do we got? ;)
I thought we had the 1950's, no? :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:So is the Trump - Putin meeting in private and taking the notes away from the interpreter really that big of a deal? Haven't leaders been meeting "off-record" since Zog met with Thag to steal Zag's wheel idea?

It seems like more tribalism. If Obama had met with the Iranian leader and asked everyone to leave the room, I'm sure there would have been much hand wringing from the right as well.
Everything is tribalism these days.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
I thought we had the 1950's, no? :lol:
1950's Ganny...

1950's kalm...

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote: I thought we had the 1950's, no? :lol:
1950's Ganny...

1950's kalm...

I thought I was more like the Fonz.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

kalm wrote:So is the Trump - Putin meeting in private and taking the notes away from the interpreter really that big of a deal? Haven't leaders been meeting "off-record" since Zog met with Thag to steal Zag's wheel idea?

I think it's pretty interesting within the context of when it occured. Namely, Trump was aware that NYT was about to break the Don Jr Trump Tower meeting story.

July 7 - NYT about to publish Don Jr Trump Tower story, calls WH for comment.

.......... - Trump has 2 1/2 hour conversation with Putin, Lavrov, and Tillerson early in the day.

.......... - Later that evening, he has a second meeting with Putin only attended by their interpreters. He didn't tell any advisors it occured. He confiscated the interpreters' notes afterward.

July 8 - On flight back to US, dictates response to NYT saying the Trump Tower meeting was about "adoptions."

........... - NYT publishes Don Jr story

July 18 - after the 2nd meeting with Putin comes out.... Trump says their conversation was about..... wait for it....... "adoption." :suspicious:

Lol. Pretty weird. And, not normal. Doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious - but, I hope the interpreter gets a subpoena. Could still be protected by executive privilege, though...
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote:Focus guys! This thread is about all the Russian collusion Jelly has been telling us about! :roll:
I'm thinking more along the money-laundering-for-the-Russian-Mob track still. His inability to shut his fvcking mouth may lay some Conspiracy and OJ charges on him too.

Oh frabjuous day!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I never thought I'd see the day Trump would lose 93 "I voted for him for the lolz" henfan.

There might be hope for America yet. :coffee:
I have to admit I'm taking a little joy in that as well...
"Oh that Trump is so entertaining.."
He trolls those Liberals and triggers all the snowflakes..."

Umm..Hmmm...

:coffee:
Down at Mary Lou's Diner the words like "snowflake" and "libtard" used to be dime-a-dozen, now they're hard to find at any price. Same with the NRA stickers. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

houndawg wrote:
I'm thinking more along the money-laundering-for-the-Russian-Mob track still. His inability to shut his fvcking mouth may lay some Conspiracy and OJ charges on him too.

Oh frabjuous day!

I don't think there's too much distinction between those two tracks.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Oh yes I am fully aware of Kyrgyzstan’s and Mongolia’s magnificence

And also their dearth of people - being able to camp 50-100 miles away from the next human being is in my top 5 list of reasons to want to go

As is the fly fishing

But my bride will likely never be convinced
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
1950's Ganny...

1950's kalm...

I thought I was more like the Fonz.
My dad looked like a cross between Tom Bosley and Raymond Burr so I better take the Mr. C role. :mrgreen: